Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding New Names

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.
    So are all names final now? Or is there still a chance to lose new names?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.
    Haven't received a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yes, it actually looks good so far, but I haven't gone back to check on everything yet. But since all of mine were active, I think I should be good. I'm keeping some old people informed though, in case they need to come back and check.

And I agree, octavos. I don't care if STS releases the names of people who've been banned long term. I care a little bit about people who have been inactive for a very long time, mostly because I have played other rpgs where I go inactive and go back, but probably if long-term inactives are renamed, that is not a very big issue. The majority of those will never return.

The biggest problem here, obviously, was the sniping of active names. However, it appears that problem has been remedied.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 09-16-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Star light, star bright...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its ok to back the old name. But how about, i bought 30 Platinum in store. Cost 248 pesos to change my name. Then suddely back my original name. So what will happen to my 30 Platinum? ... i just want to refund my platinum. Thats all. Please fix this. Thankyou sts.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

What if we now own a rare name and the original owner comes back in a month? Who get the name? What if that person comes back in a year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

People knew this was a bug and some were abusing it. Shouldn't they be punished?

Most of the time STS let it slide which is encouraging players to foul play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Will STS be able to give me back a name that I know for sure is on a inactive account since i was the original owner?😫

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Regarding new names

I never cared about this name trading thing, because in my naive view it is the player that fills the name with value by his skills, deeds and reputation, not the other way around.
    That being said, this action should have been announced longer upfront, so more people would have had a shot at their favourite name and not just a few, lucky enough to be online, taking advantage of it. It's like fighting fire with fire and both fires win.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 09-16-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typos

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE:

Any in-use names that were inadvertently released have now been return to their rightful owners. Sorry for the mess folks, it should be all straightened out. Have a great weekend!

- g
    Haven't received a refund. Follow up, please. Thankyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know STS meant well with trying to free up names...
    But the same exact thing happened that people complained about before, a select few owning basically all of the good names. But now instead of inactive players owning the best names, it's active players hoarding 10+ cool names
    In reality, this is just a repeat of the same problem they were trying to fix.
    This is basically a representation of one step forward, two steps back.
    But anyway gratz to those that managed to get at least one good one

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Areze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So many change in my friend list @.@ cool great names xD :0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I never cared about this name trading thing, because in my naive view it is the player that fills the name with value by his skills, deeds and reputation, not the other way around.
    That being said, this action should have been announced longer upfront, so more people would have had a shot at their favourite name and not just a few, lucky enough to be online, taking advantage of it. It's like fighting fire with fire and both fires win.
    I agree. It would have gone better if STS announced something like this a week beforehand to allow other players the opportunity to get a really cool name. Rather than letting someone discover it and hoard all the names they could before news quietly breaks out. Now we have a few people selling 50+ names in a shady event meant to collect from character slot and rename sales. This was very disorganized and unprofessional, and it angers me that no warning was given prior. I hope in the future that STS would communicate more and allow people to be prepared.

That being said, what's going to happen when someone who played a year ago and comes back to see their name is gone?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Releasing names was very positive idea but problem is most of old senior players have stocked many names and they want them to be stocked ..

Go to a town and 99% of players will be having some thing like "imknightofdark" or "fieseoruas" I.e. system generated names.

Its required to release original proper names , but if majority wants to keep all names stocked then sts should make a modification Like allowing new characters "space" in naming. You can limit its use to a single space.
    Do it sts and introduce a renaming kit like you introduced keys for limited time .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
    Releasing names was very positive idea but problem is most of old senior players have stocked many names and they want them to be stocked ..

Go to a town and 99% of players will be having some thing like "imknightofdark" or "fieseoruas" I.e. system generated names.

Its required to release original proper names , but if majority wants to keep all names stocked then sts should make a modification Like allowing new characters "space" in naming. You can limit its use to a single space.
    Do it sts and introduce a renaming kit like you introduced keys for limited time .
    Or they could do it like this:
    Renaming still cost 30 plats
    After you rename, you get a name kit in your inventory which contains your previous ign
    E.g. Potato renames to Tomato with 30 plats
    Goes to inv, finds a TRADABLE/STASHABLE "Rename Kit: Potato" Which renames your char to the stated ign on the kit
    But when you open the rename kit, let's say on Tomato again, "Tomato" won't become a name kit anymore, you will need to reserve it
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    Or they could do it like this:
    Renaming still cost 30 plats
    After you rename, you get a name kit in your inventory which contains your previous ign
    E.g. Potato renames to Tomato with 30 plats
    Goes to inv, finds a TRADABLE/STASHABLE "Rename Kit: Potato" Which renames your char to the stated ign on the kit
    But when you open the rename kit, let's say on Tomato again, "Tomato" won't become a name kit anymore, you will need to reserve it
    Lol I mean kit for plats.. Many people will like to rename and platbuyers can make money like they make with keys and luck kits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wth a rogue in game told me she has 30 original names in her list ! I have none! And their selling the names for more than 2m each

Jexil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ign thief *-*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

One of the people who sell names
    Name:  IMG_20160917_140144_167.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  87.9 KB

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenzou For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.
    Planning to change name monthly, this is a good event for sts to generate revenue as it gets ppl spending plats

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I deleted some chars to make space and reserve igns. If the names get reverted, will all my chars be deleted?