Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Achievements:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Lightbulb Let's talk about Achievements:

First off, what is an achievement?
    A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
    - to reach this stage is a great achievement
    Anyways, I was laying in bed, playing Pocket Legends, eating M&M's and thinking how much interest I have lost and how we as a community could make a system that would be produced by developers as a way to feel accomplishment, have bragging rights, etc.
    What better way than to have Achievements?
    Here is a scenario:
    The Epic Archer, Woundedeagle, is strolling through Victory Lap(the last lap of his mile0, and decides to take a shortcut. Woundedeagle, encounters a humongous, filthy glob of purple amino acids and begins to battle. Minutes go by and Woundedeagle is awarded for the Achievement of: Soloing Gurgox the Great.

Even a achievement for Helping the community, or suppose you have an achievement for completing all quests and what not.

My idea was a bit of a page(scrollable) that can be found when you click on a player Kills/Deaths/Goals. There you wound find badges indicating the achievements made along with the list continuing, showing all the unobtained achievements in a shaded gray.
    The basic idea to this is to bring back competitiveness in a different way that keeps people going. You could almost say I am mixing the idea of leaderboards, and Quests or what not but with a twist.

Any comments or ideas? I just want the community to reshape in increments at a time

-we

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Excellent idea. STS did a few achievements for you first 1000 kills and such but you cant view them...It would definitely liven the campaign.

This has so much possibility.

P.S-M&Ms are beast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Excellent idea. STS did a few achievements for you first 1000 kills and such but you cant view them...It would definitely liven the campaign.

This has so much possibility.

P.S-M&Ms are beast
    Well actually, I just started a mage and got 100 kills and thought about it then BAM
    P.S.-IKR!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

They could make a whole system out of this. Example-Woundedeagle has soloed Gurgox the Great-Woundedeagle gets the gurgox the great shield! (A shield with gurgoxes head) All the MAJOR achievements could have exclusive looking awards that are only awarded by completing that achievement.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Good idea!
    So like... maybe the first badge/achievement for a newbie could be a "so and so killed meathead" badge? LOL that'd make em feel special!
    +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I think we might get something like this coming. ;]
    I remember there was in PL Facebook page while ago poll about which players use: gamecenter, openfeint or something else. Now should find something cross platform/OS working system or make their own. :]
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos View Post
    Good idea!
    So like... maybe the first badge/achievement for a newbie could be a "so and so killed meathead" badge? LOL that'd make em feel special!
    +1
    I realize this thread is all 'suggestion' based but I like where the ideas are branching out on this!

-we

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yeah, i hope the devs read this. These are some good suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Or to make it so the devs have less items to make. They could have a 'Completed all Achievements' shield or something

(Sorry for double post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Or to make it so the devs have less items to make. They could have a 'Completed all Achievements' shield or something

(Sorry for double post)It happens
    Yeah. Achievement for level 61!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sounds awesome!
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Great idea! Just like the xbox or ps game achievements, there could be many...I was actually going to start a threat as well but I wasn't laying on bed and having m&ms, I was in my bathtub having a cigarette I'll post my inputs to this thread later on...it's quite long...I as well want to see some changes.
    Insanegunner Lordkarma Bearbricx L50+ Shooter
    Proteuz Montaguez Koshiro Wackymage L50+ Tank
    Evoltsson Cosmiclord Cosmicqueen L50+ Wizard
    Evolt L65 Paladin Founder of Guild Free Suckers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evolt View Post
    Great idea! Just like the xbox or ps game achievements, there could be many...I was actually going to start a threat as well but I wasn't laying on bed and having m&ms, I was in my bathtub having a cigarette I'll post my inputs to this thread later on...it's quite long...I as well want to see some changes.
    Me 2 lol except i play while i go running Imo

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Players who loose interests in this game are usually players who been with PL from the start or players who obtained all the basic achievements in this game. *With the release of Nuri and the introduction of guilds, longtime players had something new to look for, and perhaps find the interests they once had for this game, but this did not last long. *It is quite common to find a game with players wearing 4x pots farming now days, especially in sewers and Nuri I don't know why, and going through a run would take 2 minutes. *Players would play through then remake, and repeat this process over and over again. *Ultimately, they just want a good pink drop, but are they actually having 'fun' during the process? Most players are not. *

This game could be segmented into different categories in terms of gameplay, and players usually go through the process as listed below:
    1) unlocking all the dungeons
    2) completing all the quests
    3) farming runs for items
    4) pvp
    *5) trading, guild, networking and any other elements of this game
    *this is done throughout the entire process

1) unlocking all the dungeons is fun, but after you are done, it is done, this process does not take long
    2) completing the quests is fun as well because you wouldn't know what the 'next' quest will be like and what items would rewarded, but the current balance between effort vs reward with some quests are quite poor
    3) farming is fun initially and when there are good drops, but it could be really frustrating sometimes, and the process then is not fun at all, because players play like 'robots',*
    4) pvp is fun initially, but the lack of maps,and pvp gameplay make players loose interests of it, the domination of certain class, make of characters does not help either
    5) this is the added elements of this game, but it is not that 'fun', just time consuming

With these stated, here are some of my suggestions...
    1) same with what wounded stated, add special badges for achievements, when enough achievements is obtained, perhaps there could be rewards? *I won't talk about this in more detail because wounded was very clear on this point. *Thanks wounded.

2) make more pot-restricted dungeons. *Similar to the frozen nightmares, there should be 'side-quests' for certain levels. *For example, for lvl 49-51 players restricted, with no pots, have a shadows dungeons with 500 enemies and 2-3 bosses. *The reward must be worthwhile though because this dungeon would be hard and time-consuming. *I remember when the sewers first came out, it was a pain to play through it and a dungeon could easily use me 100 potions and 25 deaths. *Pots weren't that common back then of course, it was hard but it was fun. *These dungeons have to be restricted by level though, because frozen nightmares was not fun when it was filled with level 50+ players. *If players want to farm these level-restricted dungeons, players must have a separate character for each one.

3) create some stat-restricted dungeons. *I know int bears and int birds are pointless in this game, (I actually have some though to wear different sets), and players with DEX or STR bear or bird would never consider re-spec, and they wouldn't care less for any int items in this game, but what if it is a requirement for side-quest dungeons with a special reward? *By doing this, players would actually pay more attention to different class items in this game and not just what is catered to their their stat-build. *They would need to respec or create a new character for these dungeons.*

4) create some class-restricted dungeons. *In most 'indoor' maps, castles especially, mages can dominate easily because enemies are kept closer together and spells are more effective. *In an open area though, mages are weaker. *Each class have it's advantages for certain maps. *The point of this though is ultimately get more players to try different classes.

5) pvp in game bonus. *There should be achievements in game which give you in-game bonus. *For example, if you have 3 kills, poison will be in affect for all enemy players for 5 seconds, if you have 3 death, you would have invisibility for 5 seconds...this is quite common in other pvp games...the above might be bad examples but you get my point.

6) create unique maps. *Creating a map is time consuming, but gameplay strategies are correlated to map design. *There used to be glitches in certain maps where players can hide behind a rock or wall to glitch the bosses. *This is strategy and it is what make certain maps unique. *Some examples, create some maze-like maps where these glitches can be applied, but make the maps extremely hard, where in game strategies must be applied. *Create 'torch' maps where visibility is limited and players really have to work as a team to get through. *These maps would limited solo domination of some players and rush through maps when weaker players lag behind. *Team-play.

7) create class-limited items. *Currently items are 99.9% stat-limited but not class-limited, having class-limited items would force players to create more characters on each class. *Only except I found was the new vanity in Nuri, which is limited to class.

8) introducing more classes. *I think this is the ultimate solution. *Having just three classes throughout is just not enough. *Some examples, 'traders' class, more gold drop, less xp gain in games, 'knight' class, more xp, less gold drop in games, 'magik' class, more spells to choose from, less stats gain...etc. *I'm really bad in creating class names but my point is stated. *

The character should be aligned as well, currently, there is a bird, a bear, and then an elf? Don't know why this is the case, but it's quite awkward. *Shouldn't elves go with ogres, humans, overlords...and not animals? *Shouldn't bear and bird go with other animals? Weird...

These are some of my ideas. *Introducing more dungeons is just a temporary solution, but the root of this problem is still not resolve. * What are your ideas and comments? *

Maybe we should start a threat on ideas on improving gameplay in general. If you think I've 'stolen' your thread wounded I apologize to you, but I was just about to start something similar as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow didn't realize how long my msg was on my iPad...I've spent quite a bit of time in this game and it's hard for me to know that many players are loosing interests, even for myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Uuuuuummm yeah,

what more can I add after that very comprehensive list.

Evolt, aside from the fact that after seeing the length of your post I almost scrolled past it ;-) (nah wouldn't do that!)
    I couldn't agree more with your suggestion and everyone elses for that matter.

Initially farming on the juice was fun, and I still do it, but new goals to aspire to would be fanstastic (especially with incentives such as decent rewards and/or shields).
    Guild members could go on an Achievement Board in the guild hall.
    Misdemeanour Lvl 65 Mage - GM of Chosen Elite
    Pocket Legends is a misdemeanour, the more I mis de meanour I get!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

There was another thread on this very subject a while back. Thought it was a fantastic idea then, and still do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evolt View Post
    Players who loose interests in this game are usually players who been with PL from the start or players who obtained all the basic achievements in this game. *With the release of Nuri and the introduction of guilds, longtime players had something new to look for, and perhaps find the interests they once had for this game, but this did not last long. *It is quite common to find a game with players wearing 4x pots farming now days, especially in sewers and Nuri I don't know why, and going through a run would take 2 minutes. *Players would play through then remake, and repeat this process over and over again. *Ultimately, they just want a good pink drop, but are they actually having 'fun' during the process? Most players are not. *

This game could be segmented into different categories in terms of gameplay, and players usually go through the process as listed below:
    1) unlocking all the dungeons
    2) completing all the quests
    3) farming runs for items
    4) pvp
    *5) trading, guild, networking and any other elements of this game
    *this is done throughout the entire process

1) unlocking all the dungeons is fun, but after you are done, it is done, this process does not take long
    2) completing the quests is fun as well because you wouldn't know what the 'next' quest will be like and what items would rewarded, but the current balance between effort vs reward with some quests are quite poor
    3) farming is fun initially and when there are good drops, but it could be really frustrating sometimes, and the process then is not fun at all, because players play like 'robots',*
    4) pvp is fun initially, but the lack of maps,and pvp gameplay make players loose interests of it, the domination of certain class, make of characters does not help either
    5) this is the added elements of this game, but it is not that 'fun', just time consuming

With these stated, here are some of my suggestions...
    1) same with what wounded stated, add special badges for achievements, when enough achievements is obtained, perhaps there could be rewards? *I won't talk about this in more detail because wounded was very clear on this point. *Thanks wounded.

2) make more pot-restricted dungeons. *Similar to the frozen nightmares, there should be 'side-quests' for certain levels. *For example, for lvl 49-51 players restricted, with no pots, have a shadows dungeons with 500 enemies and 2-3 bosses. *The reward must be worthwhile though because this dungeon would be hard and time-consuming. *I remember when the sewers first came out, it was a pain to play through it and a dungeon could easily use me 100 potions and 25 deaths. *Pots weren't that common back then of course, it was hard but it was fun. *These dungeons have to be restricted by level though, because frozen nightmares was not fun when it was filled with level 50+ players. *If players want to farm these level-restricted dungeons, players must have a separate character for each one.

3) create some stat-restricted dungeons. *I know int bears and int birds are pointless in this game, (I actually have some though to wear different sets), and players with DEX or STR bear or bird would never consider re-spec, and they wouldn't care less for any int items in this game, but what if it is a requirement for side-quest dungeons with a special reward? *By doing this, players would actually pay more attention to different class items in this game and not just what is catered to their their stat-build. *They would need to respec or create a new character for these dungeons.*

4) create some class-restricted dungeons. *In most 'indoor' maps, castles especially, mages can dominate easily because enemies are kept closer together and spells are more effective. *In an open area though, mages are weaker. *Each class have it's advantages for certain maps. *The point of this though is ultimately get more players to try different classes.

5) pvp in game bonus. *There should be achievements in game which give you in-game bonus. *For example, if you have 3 kills, poison will be in affect for all enemy players for 5 seconds, if you have 3 death, you would have invisibility for 5 seconds...this is quite common in other pvp games...the above might be bad examples but you get my point.

6) create unique maps. *Creating a map is time consuming, but gameplay strategies are correlated to map design. *There used to be glitches in certain maps where players can hide behind a rock or wall to glitch the bosses. *This is strategy and it is what make certain maps unique. *Some examples, create some maze-like maps where these glitches can be applied, but make the maps extremely hard, where in game strategies must be applied. *Create 'torch' maps where visibility is limited and players really have to work as a team to get through. *These maps would limited solo domination of some players and rush through maps when weaker players lag behind. *Team-play.

7) create class-limited items. *Currently items are 99.9% stat-limited but not class-limited, having class-limited items would force players to create more characters on each class. *Only except I found was the new vanity in Nuri, which is limited to class.

8) introducing more classes. *I think this is the ultimate solution. *Having just three classes throughout is just not enough. *Some examples, 'traders' class, more gold drop, less xp gain in games, 'knight' class, more xp, less gold drop in games, 'magik' class, more spells to choose from, less stats gain...etc. *I'm really bad in creating class names but my point is stated. *

The character should be aligned as well, currently, there is a bird, a bear, and then an elf? Don't know why this is the case, but it's quite awkward. *Shouldn't elves go with ogres, humans, overlords...and not animals? *Shouldn't bear and bird go with other animals? Weird...

These are some of my ideas. *Introducing more dungeons is just a temporary solution, but the root of this problem is still not resolve. * What are your ideas and comments? *

Maybe we should start a threat on ideas on improving gameplay in general. If you think I've 'stolen' your thread wounded I apologize to you, but I was just about to start something similar as well.
    Great lead on this Evolt! I love the ideas. My personal opinion on PvP is, what happened after Alien Oasis III? Balefort Sewers isn't given a PvP map and then Nuri's Hallow isn't given a PvP map. Where did it go? After helping my buddy Daniel with quotes from devs, I went back through dev quotes and found old ideas and possibilities that were left behind in the dust...

-we

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Hey this is a pretty good idea. Most other iphone/android games you an achievement system and it would make things interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

You already get achievements for kills but they are not displayed anywhere on Avatar page...