Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanity Thief

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    Enough talk of thieves, it's getting extremely tiring there's already not much left in terms of "goals" to do in this game. Let's not cheapened the efforts of those that spent hrs making those lb runs for the vanities. For those that just want everything handed to them, you probably deserved nothing...
    Yep, JustG already said it's not happening. If they're going to do it, leave exclusive vanities out. There's simply no reason for this except to satisfy people who want everything handed to them without any goals.

It's ridiculous. How greedy can the game get?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donniezhibet View Post
    Hi guys, what do you thing about vanity thief event?
    Don't be lazy Lb vanities were not given free it includes the effort they put in, and you people wana get it just like that

And not even tree or green arlor or red arlor those were the first ever vanity (if I'm right correct me if I'm wrong)
    As a token of respect to old players those should be not be rereleased(but new players can have those becoz money can do anything not only in games in real life too so it's logical)

-1 for this thread hooooooo ) )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Nerf this nerf that in forum is now thief for this thief for that XD You want everything in similar way then there is no more fun in playing. Vanities hold it's value when it is expansive, i liked steel commando vanity more before it become so cheap. My target is getting cryo set make better drop rates plat sale indeed thief stuffs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ForgottenWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenWarrior View Post
    Nerf this nerf that in forum is now thief for this thief for that XD You want everything in similar way then there is no more fun in playing. Vanities hold it's value when it is expansive, i liked steel commando vanity more before it become so cheap. My target is getting cryo set make better drop rates plat sale indeed thief stuffs.
    New players attitude in al when's arcane chest thief, lb vanity thief coming?!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

If there will ever be a vanity thief released it would be the doomsday for arcane legends

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Universalpro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

The thing is those "Leaderboard vanities" such as the Halloween ones are actually the best designed items of the game. Their details are incredibles and at the first look we notice the PASSION and the TIMES needed to release them.

Sadly, these perfects vanities losed their anwesomness because they are TRADEABLES.

It's perfectly a shame for the game and the players that these items REWARDED became a warfront for rich players and logical that the Arlorians want own them since they are tradeable and so the sad treasure of a few peoples ( most of them are indo.. I guess ).
    It mean, most of the time their originals owners sold them to few peoples.

Then, it's very understandable that a minority of experienced players who is probably the majority of peoples who post on the forum and aren't agree want keep their "wons".

But, in conclusion, we aren't talking of veterans rewards such as founder's on Pocket Legends or tabard's pack at 30platinums for the ones who helped build the game neither untradables banners but right of TRADEABLES vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I believe LB players got plenty of gold after selling vanities, so even if thief is released, they dont lose that gold they earned years ago.

Only people who lose from it are market controllers.

And how many decades one needs to farm PVE content to make 50m to buy top vanity set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    I believe LB players got plenty of gold after selling vanities, so even if thief is released, they dont lose that gold they earned years ago.

And how many decades one needs to farm PVE content to make 50m to buy top vanity set?
    Not everyone who owns an exclusive items are market controller.....
    Some just collect it because they are unique.

Imagine this, the Mona Lisa is unique, one and only, and it goes for millions (if it ever goes on sale). Do you think it'll be even worth anything, if the original copy is duplicated exactly and every one in the world has it?

And before I get any criticism, No, I do not own any lb vanities, not even arlor or steel commando.
    Last edited by eugene9707; 09-23-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post

You may not... why is that the end of the world. Every good game has content that is exclusively held by 1% ers

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Like Zeus I own no lb vanities... and my lb banner is ugly af so I leave it in my house!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I don't think we are planning to sell La Joconde.
    But you are right, the painting is UNIQUE and UNSELLABLE but the Halloween Vanities are MANY and SELLABLE (to keep the same word). You see now the rapport and what i mean?
    I have to add that too: if Léonard de Vinci reproduce his painting, the painting will keep a hight value but maybe a "lil" less because it's Léonard de Vinci himself! In the case of Leaderboards vanities, the design as "Leaderboard" prices will keep them a hight value. But of course we are on a game so the plat price for one set is the most important to protect their value ( or a restricted drop ) exactly like De Vinci can't produce 1000 painting so he sell them at a high price.
    Last edited by JesuisCharlie; 09-23-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    I don't think we are planning to sell La Joconde.
    But you are right, the painting is UNIQUE and UNSELLABLE but the Halloween Vanities are MANY and SELLABLE (to keep the same word). You see now the rapport and what i mean?
    It doesn't matter, it still takes away value from the vanities that existed. If you didn't earn the vanities during that moment in time, it is now a goal for you to save up and buy one. If you do not, it does not in any way hinder your game progression.

I want an Ice Golem set but I understand I need to work to afford it if I want it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

What is the point of carrying or wearing lb vanity or gears if you are not actual lb player?

I don't care or look at who is standing wearing such thing in town.

You need to earn it to wear it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

At the contrary Zeus, it matter a lot that they are Tradeables if you read all my posts.
    Because people don't own them for the "leaderboard" mention but for the look. All the difference is there.
    It's why the Frank mask was, few days ago at 1m400k because they find him ugly. They don't read the book so don't understand why his head is flat!
    we can always compare Frank mask price with medusa mask price or "ghost"!

"A GOAL TO OWN THEM"? Let me buy cups at 2plats and sell em all 16k. Then i will reach my goal to own them ALL! We aren"t stupid, owners are ( most of the time) high plat users.
    Last edited by JesuisCharlie; 09-23-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

At the contrary Zeus, it matter a lot that they are Tradeables if you read all my posts.
    Because people don't own them for the "leaderboard" mention but for the look. All the difference is there.
    It's why the Frank mask was, few days ago at 1m400k because they find him ugly. They don't read the book so don't understand why his head is flat!
    we can always compare Frank mask price with medusa mask price or "ghost"!

A GOAL TO BUY THEM? Let me buy cups at 2plats and sell em all 16k. Then i will reach my goal to own them ALL! We aren"t stupid, owners are ( most of the time) high plat users.
    Not really, I was able to run and earn them platinum free. So were some of my other friends. It's not something the game needs and would just anger loyal players. Those who do not have them can EARN them - they are not hindered game progression wise at ALL. There are plenty of other vanities that can make you look cool that aren't obscenely expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

It's not something the game need", how you can't be for more equality, more peoples happy to wear amazing designs and finally happy to play Arcane Legends ? The designs are here, they are tradeable for a reason, to protect them and maybe release them again. Unfortunaly, during this time they are the stuff of bad traders. It will be sad to wait 3years before they come again while the "hype" is here.
    "Anger loyal player", so if you have one your a loyal player? A loyal buyer is a loyal player? Other aren't loyals?
    Last edited by JesuisCharlie; 09-23-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It's not something the game need", how you can't be for more equality, more peoples happy to wear amazing designs and finally happy to play Arcane Legends ? The designs are here, they are tradeable for a reason, to protect them and maybe release them again. Unfortunaly, during this time they are the stuff of bad traders. It will be sad to wait 3years before they come again while the "hype" is here.
    "Anger loyal player", so if you have one your a loyal player? A loyal buyer is a loyal player? Other aren't loyals?
    What does equality have to do with any of this? If you want it so bad do what the rest of us that didn't do those LB runs did... go earn some gold and buy it. Let's talk more in lines of fairness, cuz I'm sick and tired of seeing all those people that put in time and resources to make those lb runs have their hard work diminished by whiny kids that just want everything handed to them.

I didn't put in the time or effort to make those lb runs so I had to buy mine. I didn't have the time to compete on the lb therefore I do what I was good at to obtain these rare vanities. I merched, farmed, and saved till I was able to afford one. When I was finally able to purchased one, I felt a sense of overwhelming accomplishment. Try it sometimes, you might actually enjoy that feeling...

Furthermore, these vanities have no affect on the game play of AL as expressed by Zeus. Vanities are strictly based on perceptions, what you might perceived as awesome, others might not care for. I have friends that would not spend a single gold on these "awesome" vanities.
    Last edited by Melthyz; 09-23-2016 at 03:38 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melthyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Sorry, but ... nothing is fair.

Vanity is like Ferrari, people want them, they have amazing design. The design are there , they are tradeable, you can buy them second hand.
    So then .... why should everyone get a Ferrari for free? because they want it ?

same idea goes to vanities.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You want a Ferrari for free. Sorry bud, it isn't happening. It's healthy for games to have goals. There's always Kias that do the job just fine, you know.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm not a "whiny kid" even if i'm a fan of the game, i have 19years old and i'm on those enought lucky to get "lovely parents ( if that is english? ) and a home to sleep. I lived on the peace but the life never handled me nothing, i know what the work is because i'm working to enter on Commandos parachutiste d'infanterie de Marine to serve my country so "accomplishement" yes, i know what it means to suffer even if i conced you that my life never been very excited but at least regarding Space time games, i have a little experiences so don't worry i know what a vanity is. I owned the medusa set from a player named "Zulgath" for 3 hash bows, long bows at the beginings when i was back on the game as a collector; If i remember right he called them "bananas" bows. I also bought the Frankeinsten helm. I finally sell them all.
    Don't see any sufficiency on my Messages but only kindness and love for the game.
    Your life is probably full of accomplishements and money so i give you my humble excuses. I also havent any prétentions to get a ferrari because if i had one million i would rather ( i hope) put it on associations for homeless.

Keep in mind that i never asked them for free, 2-3 millions is a fair price for me.
    Regards, Maxime.
    Last edited by JesuisCharlie; 09-23-2016 at 04:24 PM.