Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Banned Device.....Has to be an error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Banned Device.....Has to be an error

Hi Devs....

I play A/L on both my cellphone and my tablet. I have three toons in the game which are Screameagle/Screamerrrrr/Beezulbulb. I have been playing the game well over 3 years now and love it. I have spent probably thousands and thousands of hours playing plus spent a ton of money purchasing Platinum.

Here is my dilemma: First, I am the only person who has ever used my cellphone and tablet to play the game. I use my tablet more often because the screen is much bigger and I am 59, so my sight isn't near as good as it used to be. A couple weeks ago I went to log in with the tablet and the aunthenication error screen came up and told me the device was banned for violating STS terms of service. I was stumped and surprised when this message came across. I have NEVER shared my password or account information with anyone, EVER. I immediately tried my cellphone and it logged on successfully with no issue. I was confused by this and figured it had to be some type of administrative error. I sent STS support an email explaining what occurred and they sent me a response saying they were investigating and will contact me with the result. I waited and waited and finally this morning I sent another one along with my Case number to see what was going on. I recieved what I think is a form letter from STS saying TOS was violated by evidently sharing my account with others and that the ban cannot be undone. It also states that ALL devices used on this account are banned as well.....I explained to them that I can still log in to my account on my cellphone and it works fine. I actually feel the maybe a wrong entry was made when STS was banning a device, I just don't know.

Here is the letter I received back from STS:

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your device. When a player violates our Terms of Service and is removed from the game, all of the devices that player has used are also blocked from accessing our games.

Unfortunately, this cannot be undone and is why we have informed our players many times to never share their accounts with others. If a device used an account’s registered e-mail address and password to log into it before it was banned, then we have no choice but to treat that device as a play device for that account when it is banned. This cannot be undone, even if your personal account is not banned. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Chad

How can I still play the game on my cellphone device?.....Something is strange about this. I would like someone from STS to actually investigate the idea that possibly a wrong device ID number was entered?....I surely have never violated STS Tos . I have never shared my account or devices with anyone, ever. I have never scammed, sold names, exploited bugs in the game etc...I know many of the top players in the game and I amsure if asked, my reputation for being fair in the game speaks for itself.

My main IGN's are Screamerrrrr and Screameagle , as I do not play my mage, Beezulbulb much anymore. I appreciate any help anyone at STS can give me to resolve this issue. I am so confident I did nothing wrong that I am tellign you I CAN access my account from my cellphone...So if all of my devices were banned, as to what the letter Chad says, then how can I log on with one of my devices?....I did nothing wrong. I appreciate you listening to my plea and hope this can be rectified as soon as possible.

Thank You very much,

Screameagle....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beezulbulb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hope they can help you about this, That was so sad.. If this happens to me(Hope not ) I'll cry lol.

Error 404 not found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This one deserves a bump
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

So, if you use différents devices to log in on your account you viol terms of rules?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    So, if you use différents devices to log in on your account you viol terms of rules?
    No! I use my iPad sometimes, but usually my iPhone. That is not a violation of TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oh man... that's very sad I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PM me beezulbulb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Not sure what happened. I was using both the phone and tablet for a long time...i was the sole user of both devices...i have 4 dogs..I dont think it was one of them!!..Like i said. No one has ever used my account info...and i can log on with my phone and play...used the tablet to play for approx 2 years....now all of a sudden this happens.....

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Looking into it now, let's continue the conversation via PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com