Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet food: Change/remove feeding pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Pet feeding is mostly a gold sink, sure there's also the potions gold sink, but it's not as effective as the pet feeding. Take out pet feeding, and we get inflation in the economy. If you don't want to waste gold feeding your pet, be like me and a lot of other players: alternate between pets.

Reduce the cost to 50%, that would be a good idea, because it's less of an impact on our ingame wallets, but at the same time, some people may feel encouraged to spend money feeding pets because its a lot cheaper
    Im not an economist but i doubt that there'll be an inflation.Inflation is when the currency turns into a very cheap one.Like at Germany after the WW1.But it was hyperinflation.
    So how will economy of Al become inflated?

Отправлено с моего HUAWEI NXT-L29 через Tapatalk
    Weather forecast for tonight:dark.
    © G.Carlin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Pet feeding is mostly a gold sink, sure there's also the potions gold sink, but it's not as effective as the pet feeding. Take out pet feeding, and we get inflation in the economy. If you don't want to waste gold feeding your pet, be like me and a lot of other players: alternate between pets.

Reduce the cost to 50%, that would be a good idea, because it's less of an impact on our ingame wallets, but at the same time, some people may feel encouraged to spend money feeding pets because its a lot cheaper
    Thanks for opinion bro
    I agreed with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufern View Post
    Im not an economist but i doubt that there'll be an inflation.Inflation is when the currency turns into a very cheap one.Like at Germany after the WW1.But it was hyperinflation.

People will have more money in their pocket. It gonna be hard to see after first days but later you'll notice you have more money saved. Lets say you are feeding pet 10 times a day. Its 15k a day that you have in pocket. And its 105k saved per week. Of course i know only pvp'ers feed their pets 10 times per day or someone who hard PvE and use best pet but that's just example. More money saved = we can save gold faster for things that we need. We are buying pets and then still need to feed them. IMO we shouldn't feed them after buying. STG have nothing from it anyway because we give them plat no gold. I know pet leveling will be easier and not so much players will lvl their pets from 56 to 61 but still lvling them from 1 to 61 will take a bit so i guess STG won't mind removing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ufern View Post

I'm not an economist either, but took Macroeconomics in high school, and if I remember correctly (been a while since I took the class, my info might not be 100% accurate)

Basically in a real world situation (like say with increasing minimum wage to $15 (rather than the $7 we have currently), because there is more money given to each worker, the company has to charge more for their items in order to have enough money to pay their workers and still make a profit from it.

The German hyper-inflated economy after WW1 was because of all that debt and the fact that the german govt printed so much money without the gold to back it up, that it became more useful to burn the money (as "firewood") rather than try to buy stuff with it

Anyways, back to the AL economy, if there is no gold sinks in the game economy, soon everyone has a gold cap (and some already have more than 1), and everything will soon be worth a gold cap because there is all that gold circulating around.

I'm pretty sure someone actually doing economics can explain better than me. I'm more on the tech side of stuff, with a side interest occasionally in economy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Refresh!
    /11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Last bump before i go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

From what i know pet food price will cost less for lower levels to help new players however in higher levels it will stay as it is. This isn't what we exactly wanted but good start. Lets keep this thread up