Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shields Up! Observations of Shields & Holographic Displays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Why do I need to choose? Well first of all have you SEEN the people on the leader-boards these days? Obviously they don't sleep and spend thousands of plat on armor Enhancers so they're hard to kill or they've found a quick kill exploit somewhere, because the k/d list even for Engineers is in the 50k range IIRC. What does this mean? I with 7 deaths will NEVER make it onto the boards anymore. That doesn't mean I will be any more reckless, but it does mean you'll never see my character name up there.
    I've ran with a number of such 0 death and five figure death count peeps. One thing in common is that they do play good enough to not deserve that rant. A little more carefully and probably pot red sooner than I as someone who's not particularly worried about deaths, but hell of a lot better and even more aggressively that many 25-29s I see on pugs.

But I can tell you one thing though, based on my own death count I dare say they don't have 3 year old kids nor do they live in the a$$-end of the northern Europe, Finland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    I've ran with a number of such 0 death and five figure death count peeps. One thing in common is that they do play good enough to not deserve that rant. A little more carefully and probably pot red sooner than I as someone who's not particularly worried about deaths, but hell of a lot better and even more aggressively that many 25-29s I see on pugs.

But I can tell you one thing though, based on my own death count I dare say they don't have 3 year old kids nor do they live in the a$$-end of the northern Europe, Finland.
    I think most of the people with 0 death counts and high kill numbers might have taken it easy through the advancement. Also, a lot of Outer Limits farming on cruise control for vanities with no risk of dying can generate ratios like that. Worrying about deaths would take away from the fun for me. I like to put myself in situations where death is a possibility because it gets the adrenaline going and the reflexes firing. When stuff is flashing all over the screen, my health bar jumpin like crazy and the Spacetime Engine is redlining and slowing to a crawl, I know I'm alive.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kindread View Post
    I think most of the people with 0 death counts and high kill numbers might have taken it easy through the advancement. Also, a lot of Outer Limits farming on cruise control for vanities with no risk of dying can generate ratios like that. Worrying about deaths would take away from the fun for me. I like to put myself in situations where death is a possibility because it gets the adrenaline going and the reflexes firing. When stuff is flashing all over the screen, my health bar jumpin like crazy and the Spacetime Engine is redlining and slowing to a crawl, I know I'm alive.
    Hah, I tend to do the same thing. I guess it's the former bird and FPS player in me trying to "push the envelope" and such. I always gather deaths in a new campain until I learn what spots to use Transferrence right away and when to hold off until someone else grabs sufficient aggro.

I probably use more health stims than most engineers should, even with shield and plat armor. So I guess you could call me one of those "heal tankers" in a way. I have learned where all the turrets are, and those are always priority #1 to attack with Pain.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member