Thread: Shields Up! Observations of Shields & Holographic Displays

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Yup. I was gonna say, NO SHIELDS FOR COMMANDOS! 144 armor wont protect you. Remmeber that armor test? ~55 armor=1 dmg reduction, i think. So very minimal boost. AOE cannon will be much more useful
    I agree with Register. I am not a fan of commandos and the pistola/shield combo. Besides the problem with the ability to hold aggro with the pistol, the commando loses out on the AOE capablities of the Heavy Weapons. I'm all about effectiveness. Yes it is nice to have an extra 144 armor from the shield which gives you a little more than 2 points damage reduction but who cares about damage reduction when most of the time, you're running in groups with an engineer? You're not going to notice the reduction at all when you're getting healed on a constant basis.

Instead you lose out on the damage output of an AOE heavy weapon which when combined with your crit boosting skill, probably clears house. I'm working on my commando alt right now and I'm loving the AOE of Heavy Weapons. When mobs are closer together, I'm damaging at least 3 at once. I don't have the crit boost skill yet but I'll bet it'll be fun.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kindread View Post
    I'm working on my commando alt right now and I'm loving the AOE of Heavy Weapons. When mobs are closer together, I'm damaging at least 3 at once. I don't have the crit boost skill yet but I'll bet it'll be fun.
    I agree that it used to be very effective but in Sloucho I would like to disagree.. I can hardly hold any aggro when fighting mobs no matter what kind of weapon I try Rifle, HW etc. all seem to be unable to hold it rather well than Delta or Numa.. with my silly amount of Dodge and that extra armour I still live by the Heavy Pistol and Shield. (All weapons in new upgrade seem to be less effective than what im using right now)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o