Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf the mob aimed shot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Dont cry

/11 char

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    with 11.2K HP( with Cryo Gem Buff, 11K HP base) and 6K Armor( with Orc Effingy Buff, 5.5K base)
    Holy macaroni O.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Some questions. Do you know range of curse? Short,Mid, Long? How much time after you engage Mage do they use curse? When stunned and still alive after, how much time do you have before they use their curse? Is there a indicator right before they use curse that helps you time the stuns better? I been trying to figure these calculations out but everything happens so fast in a run, also it's hard to tell because sometimes I have perfect runs and then sometimes not. I'm not used to dying and getting insta-killed with 11.2K HP( with Cryo Gem Buff, 11K HP base) and 6K Armor( with Orc Effingy Buff, 5.5K base) is starting to leave a salty taste in my my mouth lol.

@Kinzmet thx for the suggestions. Beeze AA works good but sometimes it does not land where you want it to with x amount of mobs and position/distance of pet. I want something more consistent. Don't have Nekro and Kelvin AA is good but is single target so might hit wrong mob if a lot in area. Vlad AA any good, never owned him? I'll try your suggestion with Slink and Slot a Arcane in him and see if better results.
    When I soloed the map before the nerf the mage had a long range conical red warning zone that to me then seemed even longer than aimed shot 14m range, and pretty wide so that to skirt it means running into other mob which included the undead rogue, and the attack came fast and I would die before I could even come close enough to Breeze freeze him or stun him with arcane daggers. After a third such death, still on the same solo run, I switched back to Nekro, shielded up and ran to finish him quickly; the undead mage isn't hard to kill. I only found out they have the curse attack when I started running with party and in the hectic melee we didn't see the mage to kill it fast enough (several times this happened because it got pulled into trap/Swift AA and we rogues couldn't single it out for fast kill). After more runs we learned to save Nekro's for encounter with the undead mage, so the tank could walk in, take aggro, and the DPS can single out the mage for quick kill before it unleashes curse. I would use razor shield when attacking it and warrior could heal once Nekro shield went down. It's helpful to have a sorcerer who can quickly stun with Fireball and while shielded Frost Bolt the undead mage so it's safer to kill. Obviously this doesn't always work this smoothly every time especially if we ran into the mage while my Nekro still on coold down or there is no sorcerer in party who can freeze. But we found this worked and after hotfix survivability became even better.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    When I soloed the map before the nerf the mage had a long range conical red warning zone that to me then seemed even longer than aimed shot 14m range, and pretty wide so that to skirt it means running into other mob which included the undead rogue, and the attack came fast and I would die before I could even come close enough to Breeze freeze him or stun him with arcane daggers. After a third such death, still on the same solo run, I switched back to Nekro, shielded up and ran to finish him quickly; the undead mage isn't hard to kill. I only found out they have the curse attack when I started running with party and in the hectic melee we didn't see the mage to kill it fast enough (several times this happened because it got pulled into trap/Swift AA and we rogues couldn't single it out for fast kill). After more runs we learned to save Nekro's for encounter with the undead mage, so the tank could walk in, take aggro, and the DPS can single out the mage for quick kill before it unleashes curse. I would use razor shield when attacking it and warrior could heal once Nekro shield went down. It's helpful to have a sorcerer who can quickly stun with Fireball and while shielded Frost Bolt the undead mage so it's safer to kill. Obviously this doesn't always work this smoothly every time especially if we ran into the mage while my Nekro still on coold down or there is no sorcerer in party who can freeze. But we found this worked and after hotfix survivability became even better.
    From my experience soloing and running in a team in the new maps as a mage, those undead mages can be stunned by : fireball, gale (which I like due to not having to charge for stun), as well as clock mastery freeze. However, frost bolt did not freeze him during my encounters, only slows him down.

Imo, the worse is when the boss(ferrix) summons the undead mage, yet the team can't kill the boss or the mages fast enough.
    Last edited by eugene9707; 10-08-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Ty for this info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    If y'all get geared in 61 then mobs will complain to nerf your skills!
    Oh nooooooootrooooolol

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk