Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Base points to equip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Good to see that you realized the mistakes and I didn't read much those para.

When you say pinks r trash this cap that's because elites stats r pretty high, thus serving the purpose of elites. If you compare then you'll find l77 pinks r better than previous cap l77 pinks. So theres nothing wrong to make elites base point requirement pretty high and it won't be against orthodox pl behavior that's because, these r not pinks like the way pl meant to be hybrid with pinks as you mentioned along with the fact that it will only impact endgame not twink levels and specially because these reasons -

First off, I never suggested class specific gear, it's different. For ex a bear can go str/dex/int so a bear can be pure (not totally) str or pure dex or pure int, similarly all the classes can do it.

There are a lot things can be done to balance endgame PvP but I didn't even bother to suggest those because that would be pretty complex & harder to implement, and we don't even expect much that devs would work hard in this game but if its something easy they may take interest. What I've suggested is pretty simple and could have nice impact on balance .

Let me ask, what customization? If someone get a op build, would he change his op build for the sake of customization? No. There's no customization only exploitation of op builds.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    Good to see that you realized the mistakes
    1 mistake about pinks which no one uses

When you say pinks r trash this cap that's because elites stats r pretty high, thus serving the purpose of elites. If you compare then you'll find l77 pinks r better than previous cap l77 pinks. So theres nothing wrong to make elites base point requirement pretty high and it won't be against orthodox pl behavior that's because, these r not pinks like the way pl meant to be hybrid with pinks as you mentioned along with the fact that it will only impact endgame not twink levels and specially because these reasons -
    idk if i understood that, heres what i got from it:

When you say pinks r trash this cap that's because elites stats r pretty high, thus serving the purpose of elites.
    "Elites are meant to be better than pinks" I agree

If you compare then you'll find l77 pinks r better than previous cap l77 pinks.
    "New cap stuff is better than old cap stuff" obviously, thats how the entire game has worked thus far from L50 to L51, most of the oranges would beat L50 sets with set bonuses, nothing new here

So theres nothing wrong to make elites base point requirement pretty high
    ^pretty straight forward; I don't think theres anything wrong with it, but i aslo don't see any need for it, change for the sake of change...

and it won't be against orthodox pl behavior that's because, these r not pinks like the way pl meant to be hybrid with pinks as you mentioned along with the fact that it will only impact endgame not twink levels and specially because these reasons -
    "PL was only meant to allow you to be hybrid with pinks not elites though" Elites have been dropped for 3 cap areas now 71 which as I alrdy said allows you to be hybrid with elites, 76 which you could not be hybrid while equipping elites, and now L80 allowing 4 more level of characters to be fully hybrid with elite gear. Obviously they intended for this to be possible. Does this make some builds to be considered op? More than likely. But what cap has not had an op build or set.

First off, I never suggested class specific gear, it's different. For ex a bear can go str/dex/int so a bear can be pure (not totally) str or pure dex or pure int, similarly all the classes can do it.
    I was just referring to builds in their other 2 games AL and SL

There are a lot things can be done to balance endgame PvP but I didn't even bother to suggest those because that would be pretty complex & harder to implement, and we don't even expect much that devs would work hard in this game but if its something easy they may take interest. What I've suggested is pretty simple and could have nice impact on balance.
    It is simple but its very necessary. Also if they do this really simple thing off you suggestion, why shouldn't they go ahead and do every other little simple thing, lowering the dodge on all the elites or changing the stat increases on a couple buffs. We just gotta accept no more updates, no ones happy about it but thats how it is now

Let me ask, what customization? If someone get a op build, would he change his op build for the sake of customization? No. There's no customization only exploitation of op builds.
    If it's so op why don't you just copy it and beat them to prove you are better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Its repetitive now, go read everything CAREFULLY, most of the things answered already.

When you say pinks r trash this cap, then definitely I had to mention that pinks r trash because elites r there not BY DEFAULT.

Go suggest about lowering dodge and buffing cuple of things, if it's justified and in proper direction I'd support that and I wouldn't argue with u for sake of argument the exact way you're trying to do here. As I kept saying its somewhat I suggested is to make way bigger impact on balance with minimal work its just you totally unable to understand it.

if it's so op why don't you just copy it and beat em to prove you are better
    There have been enormous amount of threads & post regarding PvP balance and almost every pro pvp-er who used forum made their voice against PvP disbalance. The answer could be same? Switch to op build/class and do PvP, how many times you said that if you were there?

Hypocrisy/irony is at its best.

BTW. Do you endgame PvP?
    Last edited by Waug; 10-18-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Hypocrisy/irony is at its best.

BTW. Do you endgame PvP?
    Please explain anything I did or said that was hypocritical.

I have pvpd endgame this cap, not so much anymore since the game is dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sword View Post
    Please explain anything I did or said that was hypocritical.

I have pvpd endgame this cap, not so much anymore since the game is dead
    I explained b4 saying it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I explained b4 saying it :)
    no you just said a bunch of stuff none of which describes hypocrisy and then said hypocrisy after it :)

hy·poc·ri·sy
    həˈpäkrəsē/
    noun
    the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform

heres an example
    Get your facts right before arguing here.
    Fair standard to have; let's argue with accurate information, I concur.

Oh that same post

There's no difference of base point requirement between[...]elite to so called "improved elites"-FALSE
    [...]
    yes it was possible to go hybrid in past caps BUT WITH PINKS NOT WITH ELITES.-Yes you could
    Does the behavior match the standard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Oh my. Let me ask, what's "improved elites"? nothing actual term but your kinda definition, Arzac/warat/magor CAN ALSO BE DEFINED AS "IMPROVED ELITES" infect that's what came to my mind reading your so called "improved elites" and you know that what I said is true because arzac does not need more base point requirement than xar and same to warat/magor.

I already explained, I said PINKS not Pink, I said elites not elite means now we can wear multiple elites not just one, which was not possible in past.

And you argue with accurate information whereas you yourself accepted your mistake (that's good side of you tho) and several times I proved you wrong.

There was the solid hypocritical point that I said, you ignored.
    When you say that "if it's so op why don't you just copy it and beat em to prove you are better "
    Let me ask, how many times you said this when there have been enormous amount of pvp balance thread in past? if this is your logic then you could say this to all those threads/ posts, go change to op build/class problem solved. This is exactly the double standard I mentioned

Lastly it kinda repetitive now, I'll try to refrain from wasting more time on you specially someone who don't even do endgame pvp and try to justify things related to endgame pvp.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-19-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I kinda agree with that since there are only hybrids, not just one class.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Oh my. Let me ask, what's "improved elites"? nothing actual term but your kinda definition, Arzac/warat/magor CAN ALSO BE DEFINED AS "IMPROVED ELITES" infect that's what came to my mind reading your so called "improved elites" and you know that what I said is true because arzac does not need more base point requirement than xar and same to warat/magor.
    I can see how you would think i meant warat, thats fair but there is a difference between different elites, so you could have inferred what I meant by my description

I already explained, I said PINKS not Pink, I said elites not elite means now we can wear multiple elites not just one, which was not possible in past.
    Elite black dragon helm and armor with esb, ems, ewt, or one of the quest elites

And you argue with accurate information whereas you yourself accepted your mistake (that's good side of you tho) and several times I proved you wrong.
    I wasn't the one that said said to argue with accurate facts, so it wasn't my standard so i couldnt have broken it

There was the solid hypocritical point that I said, you ignored.
    When you say that "if it's so op why don't you just copy it and beat em to prove you are better "
    Let me ask, how many times you said this when there have been enormous amount of pvp balance thread in past? if this is your logic then you could say this to all those threads/ posts, go change to op build/class problem solved. This is exactly the double standard I mentioned
    I don't have to have the same opinions about every balance idea, some I agree with, this one I dont and dont ever think it will happen
    I have said that same concept to friends or used it myself use and op build to combat an op build, so its far from hypocritical
    Sure I dont post it on every balance thread because im not a robot, i dont have to have the exact same response to everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Same repetitive points that I ALREADY JUSTIFIED, Read carefully I'm not gonna waste much time here.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-20-2016 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

all those essays

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Closing this thread 'cause I'm mean.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: