Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior stats with legendary level 61 gear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think people are more frustrated with the one hits by the mage curse. No one is really complaining about the actual lack of armor or survivability with the other mobs of new maps. In fact its relatively easy. No amount of armor will protect you from the one hits by the mage curse. Just saying.

Three strategies I found helpful is to engage mage from afar to gain his aggro but don't come close to him and he will instant have a red zone that attempts to curse you and he will miss then you can engage him without trouble.

Another strategy is to axe him and skyward smash him which stuns him instantly and allows dps to take him down.

Another strategy is to simply run with good rogues who snipe them with high accuracy.

And yes my armor is close to ur armor and one hits still happen with mage curse.

With that being said sometimes its still hard to avoid the one hits from mage even with good strategy. It would also help to make the mage mob way more visible with added color to him like a red cloak or something
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 10-11-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    I think people are more frustrated with the one hits by the mage curse. No one is really complaining about the actual lack of armor or survivability with the other mobs of new maps. In fact its relatively easy. No amount of armor will protect you from the one hits by the mage curse. Just saying.

Three strategies I found helpful is to engage mage from afar to gain his aggro but don't come close to him and he will instant have a red zone that attempts to curse you and he will miss then you can engage him without trouble.

Another strategy is to axe him and skyward smash him which stuns him instantly and allows dps to take him down.

Another strategy is to simply run with good rogues who snipe them with high accuracy.
    A lot of times, once you reach the mages at the 50% or 75% mark of the map, the boss has already spawned. I just run straight to the boss and hope my pug teammates follow me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    A lot of times, once you reach the mages at the 50% or 75% mark of the map, the boss has already spawned. I just run straight to the boss and hope my pug teammates follow me.
    Yes great strategy Ravager. But you seem to be utilizing the boss rush strategy. Do you find that you don't gain as much rank from mobs you miss though? This is me assuming you are rushing the boss from the beginning of the map (please correct me if i'm assuming wrong)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Yes great strategy Ravager. But you seem to be utilizing the boss rush strategy. Do you find that you don't gain as much rank from mobs you miss though? This is me assuming you are rushing the boss from the beginning of the map (please correct me if i'm assuming wrong)
    Depends on what the goal or immediate goal is. If I want to maximize my tokens, I'll do the boss rush strategy. If I want to focus on mobs and my token goal is met (if ever), then I would just focus on the mobs up to the 50%-75% mage marker and warp out, not dealing with the mage at all and it's gimmicks.

I haven't counted how much it affects my rank count accumulation but I would assume 50% worst case, 25% best case since I run to boss immediately after I see the mage (not at the beginning of the level). Similarly to running elite once boss is ready.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

This is our strategy too, first sight of mage we run to boss.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

And yes my armor is close to ur armor and one hits still happen with mage curse.

With that being said sometimes its still hard to avoid the one hits from mage even with good strategy. It would also help to make the mage mob way more visible with added color to him like a red cloak or something
    I counted over the runs today: Every 5-8 runs i get a death from this nameless mage, if we spotted him too late. Thats still a fair rate imho, since he is avoidable. It is a bit like the beetles in underhuul you need to be aware and prepared if you engage.
    Axe and Skywardsmash work best for me here, like you suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I'm not overly excited about the new warrior weapons, I've gotten connected to my dragon sword. I'm sure I will move on, eventually, but I have 1200 dps and 6000 armor with a super good awakening and new armor, helm and pendant.

I'm a bit concerned about the decreased health but I'm sure jewels will help with that.

As far as running new map with the skeletal mages, the stun proc on the dragon sword stops them in their tracks. I do get whacked if it doesn't proc, an interesting situation as the party rolls up on the little devils.

I'm excited about the future. The game is getting back to how it was in 2013. Legendary weps were useful and desired. I'm glad we're getting back to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Actually , the red zone is not for curse, it's just a regular charged attack.
    It actually only curse when you are literally on top of it. So my suggestion is, leave the mages to the dps to attack him with ranged attack.

see video at 1:45

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If you charge the new Aegis for warrior then you get a +500 armour bonus for a few seconds ..... but this will stack with itself, so if you continually use charged attacks your armour will have a permanent +1000 armour increase.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

seems like dusk weapon op for warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    seems like dusk weapon op for warrior
    In some cases maybe, perhaps stage two when the maps get harder ... but with 61 armours fully gemmed you get a great armour boost for new map one. I've been running new maps with 61 armours and haste set (to control big pulls) and the old 46 mythic aegis combined with Magma pet. The new mobs hit fast, so if you do a nice pull and surround yourself with mobs, the aegis proc stacks pretty damned fast, and with magma pet setting the proc off everything explodes?!?!? Its satisfying entertainment value is enough in itself to make the new maps really fun to run, they are a blast .... literally ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Sorry but how come the armor difference is so high? in CS the shield has low armor.
    Dusk swords for war any type of them give a 30% bonus dmg but 30% armour decrease

Trimis de pe al meu A5_Easy folosind Tapatalk