Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: <Neon Genesis> From small beginnings come great things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Ng live chat!

The Neon Genesis LIVE CHAT channel is now up and running! If you have questions about or just want to chat with members of the guild, this is a great way to get in touch. It's much faster than typing in-game, anyhow.

Egofury (35 Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'm talking from personal expierence with other guilds vs neon. I have been in other guilds in other games such as PL, I got invites from a lot of guilds and got a lot of expierence noticing what other guilds did and do. I was a constant guild jumper per say. With neon, i stayed, and there is a good reason. One guild in particular on star legends (will not implicate there name, but they are someone who constantly flames us ) I joined and there was no welcome to the guild message or anything once joining. I did not feel welcome at all, I was in the guild for two hours and not one member said one word in guild chat. Maybe some players enjoy that (a nice quiet game) , but I do not and enjoy the friendships that come with guilds. I than left, and nobody cared (no message why did you leave, no friend requests while in the guild, no offer of assistance) I joined another guild and that gm said if i eve run into you during the game I will give you free items?? ( lol , really, ?? if i run into you?) Now there were a lot of great guilds that I joined, that were just getting started, were very friendly , and expect to do great things as they expand

Neon was a whole different expierence all together, I have recruited a lot of players who were hesitant at first and loved it after awhile. We have a very unique system I have no found with any other guild. Egofury is very unselfish, and is about hooking up his players first before himself. Ive seen other guilds where the GM was first to reach 31 and that was their goal. Not neon, and not ego. THe main thing I love about neon, is the friendships. Our Guild chat is never boring, and makes ya laugh all the time (but we make sure its appropriate non trolling conversations)I love the aspect that everybody says hi, talks with you, even during runs, laugh when u get hit by a sandbag. The main thing I love is that we are not worried about the numbers, we have booted someone who is the top 5 leaderboard for not being a team player. Our numbers are strong because of our team aspect, no one person is above the Guild. AS an officer, non-officers are just as important and can do the same things as officers. They donate gear and help out others just the same.

The amazing aspect now is outside of SL. We have a facebook page to see everybodys real life and get connected on a personal level, forums to keep people up to date on game information, live chat to make it more streamline and effective than guild chat. WE even have an application process for new recruits that shows us their commitment (no spam recruiting at neon) I love our runs too. WE all have the same strategy and know what to do. I do others runs sometimes with non guild members and its never as smooth. WE do have allies though, that even know our psswords, and love nothing more than joining a neon run cause they know how it goes (businessman guild for example, its always a pleasure)

I for one love this guild. I wish everyone the best in their guilds, and hope we have a good game expierence.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I love the aspect that everybody says hi, talks with you, even during runs, laugh when u get hit by a sandbag.
    It has been confirmed; after being hit by a sandbag, you can still shoot while sliding across the floor on your face.

Egofury (35 Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never knew of the animosity and hostility held against Ego and NG until just recently upon reading the STS forums thoroughly. And i must say, its quite disturbing and unrealistic. I too, like Darko above, have spent a significant amount of my SL experiences in other guilds. I wont go to the same extremes as most of you and put the names of those guilds on blast, but i will with all honesty state that none have left such a significant impression in my SL ventures as much as NG has.

And as far as leaders go, Ego is definitely a diamond in the rough. Saying that he is kind would be an understatement. Going way out of your ways to call him a spy, a hack, and an all around sneak is trully naive. Im well aware of the claims everyone has made and the accusations set against him, but in no way has any of it been proven. From personal experience and careful observations, i can say, i dont and have not witnessed, any of the twisted and cynical character traits many of you swear he has. Whatever the issue may be, if he was like that or not, or if its really just a bunch of haters hating, Ego and NG dont deserve this type of negative advertising.

For anyone who has read both the positive and negative sides of the story, the only way to determine the truth beyond the talk, is to gain your own experiences within the guild. Words can only express so much and seeing really is believing. And for those that cant help but stick to the negative, lets just keep it civil and professional. Best of luck to all and happy hunting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thought I'd post my impressions so far w/ this guild. Pleased, to say the least An active bunch; helpful and generous to its members. My activity in MMOs is pretty much being a loner. I enjoy rising from nothing and making something of myself, by myself. I instantly reject all guild invitations, and most friend requests (rude, I know). Still don't know why I accepted that guild invitation, but I can't say I regret it. Probably the name, I freaking love that anime ...

I don't fully take advantage of the privileges the guild offers to its member (receive donations), and all I've done besides run w/ my fellow neon and make friends is make donations of my own. Point is; to make a solo loner like me to willingly and happily donate, is thanks to the attitude projected by the guild and its members, and is beyond me I'd like to say thanks to the neons w/ whom I run whenever I decide to log on, to the officers who are on stand-by to receive and distribute donations. You'll never get me to accept one, but I appreciate the fact that you would give me one and are there to receive mine Another thanks goes out to Darko, who recruited me. Probably only did so because I'm an engi, but who knows? And a final thanks goes to Egofury. I have never known the kind of social structure that is the Neon Genesis Guild and am glad to be a part of it. Kudos on your leadership and selflessness.

On a side note, I wonder why some people have beef w/ Ego, haven't informed myself. Had the misfortune of having one of his "haters" PM me in-game, bashing him and telling me to join his guild. An impressive recruitment tactic, if I've ever seen one ... /sarcasm. From my little time on the guild I am convinced he is a great guy, loved by most and hated by some. Success has enemies I suppose.

At any rate that rant up there pretty much sums it up. Great guild, even greater members and good times to be had. W/ that I'm off. Good day to all, happy leveling/hunting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I totally agree with you ultros

SL Characters: Blakout Lvl 25 commando | Kaosbane lvl 17 operative | Kaosreaper lvl 10 engineer
    PL Characters: Kaotiik Lvl 20 archer | Chaosdood lvl 18 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A proud member of neon genesis here.. And fyi i wasnt asked to join in this guild by ego or other officers, instead i was the one who ask them to let me join not for the goodies or any cookies. And i work my way to reach their qualifications.. Its been a while since i joined this guild. Yet im still enjoying evrything that this guild has to offer.. O hail ng ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ultros View Post
    Thought I'd post my impressions so far w/ this guild. Pleased, to say the least An active bunch; helpful and generous to its members. My activity in MMOs is pretty much being a loner. I enjoy rising from nothing and making something of myself, by myself. I instantly reject all guild invitations, and most friend requests (rude, I know). Still don't know why I accepted that guild invitation, but I can't say I regret it. Probably the name, I freaking love that anime ...

I don't fully take advantage of the privileges the guild offers to its member (receive donations), and all I've done besides run w/ my fellow neon and make friends is make donations of my own. Point is; to make a solo loner like me to willingly and happily donate, is thanks to the attitude projected by the guild and its members, and is beyond me I'd like to say thanks to the neons w/ whom I run whenever I decide to log on, to the officers who are on stand-by to receive and distribute donations. You'll never get me to accept one, but I appreciate the fact that you would give me one and are there to receive mine Another thanks goes out to Darko, who recruited me. Probably only did so because I'm an engi, but who knows? And a final thanks goes to Egofury. I have never known the kind of social structure that is the Neon Genesis Guild and am glad to be a part of it. Kudos on your leadership and selflessness.

On a side note, I wonder why some people have beef w/ Ego, haven't informed myself. Had the misfortune of having one of his "haters" PM me in-game, bashing him and telling me to join his guild. An impressive recruitment tactic, if I've ever seen one ... /sarcasm. From my little time on the guild I am convinced he is a great guy, loved by most and hated by some. Success has enemies I suppose.

At any rate that rant up there pretty much sums it up. Great guild, even greater members and good times to be had. W/ that I'm off. Good day to all, happy leveling/hunting.

well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

ultros, thanks for the shout out , I only recruit good players, good stats, good kill/d ratio, good stat attributes (if your an oppps with all your stats in strength you might not know what your doing for example) had nothing to do with being an engine, but we do love them! Im glad you are nejoying yourself. Its people like you that make the guild great, donate but refuse to take donations themselves. That is the unselfishness that makes this guild thrive. thank you for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Hrist, you are a perfect example. you Came up to me asking to join and I gave you the recruirements at the time 24+, (I believe you were 19 at the time) you kept asking and we kept to our guns and told you to hurry and level up. You really showed your commitment and was up to 24 within a week. That was awesome to see that you strived to get to neon. I laugh when people said we recruit anybody and everybody and thats how we got so big because we really dont. I'm glad you are enjoying neon and hope you can pass that on to the next recruit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep totally agree with that and i even dont know that this guild have benefits, the main reason why i joined this guild cuz of the guild name lol.. But nevermind the goodies. I love this guild..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default The birth of something great

Ego approached me when I was a mere level 20 op fledging still somewhat new to the game. My first guild was Legendary which was a small intimate guild that helped me get on my two legs then went to Genocide which was a very friendly guild as well. When I joined a Neon Genesis I was greeted with such a warm welcome I really was taken back. I had no idea the quality of talent, the firm dedication of commitment of helping fellow neonites and strong desire the guild had to make the overall gaming experienc true joy within the "vast" universe of Star Legends. I have never had any regrets joining and most likely never will. Thank you guys for making this such a pleasure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Greetings! Psyonic here to report that this is indeed a great guild. If you're looking for a guild that gets along well, always... I mean ALWAYS has runs going and has fun doing it, then this may be your guild. I was in a guild when I was recruited and although this is normally frowned upon, the recruiting officer simply pm'd me and asked how my guild was and if I were happy with it. He then described Neon Genesis to me and extended an offer to join. At no point was I ever pressured or bullied into joining. Never did he insult my guild. Had I chosen not to join, he would have dropped it and life would have gone on. Impressed by his conduct, I joined.

I've only been in this guild for a few days, but it's looking like I'll be here for awhile!

So, looking for a well organized, very active and most of all, fun guild? Give Neon Genesis a go! You'll be glad you did
    Last edited by Cyberius; 10-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

lol i took a small hiatus on SL and when i logged on i realized i wasn't part of this guild anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    lol i took a small hiatus on SL and when i logged on i realized i wasn't part of this guild anymore
    if you were inactive for three months we made some cuts, did you want to get back in , i can make that happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Woot Woot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just a little fun in the guild hall

Egofury (35 Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I will be the first to admit my earlier aggression towards this guild was unfounded. I suppose I felt as though because there were many of you, my posts were being trolled strictly out of defence of NG. I was in a few guilds prior to joining NG and none of them can compare to the amount of support and generosity that the members, officers and leader of NG show to others. I was not approached either. Instead I was on a run with a lower level alt from NG and was happy with the way things went. I inquired about joining and within a day was invited along with my alts.

Good times have been had.

And where are the other picks Ego? I know I was in a couple. The two lines. When *someone* would not face forward lol.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neon Genesis
    It suits all the criteria of a Great Guild
    Last edited by Otajeran; 10-08-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Displaying my signature, to promote my guild
    Otajeran 34 Commando Kaufhold 23 Engineer Lengjai 17 Operative
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62271&dateline=131813  4178

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melancholy-storm View Post
    Just a little fun in the guild hall

haha, posted atlast.