Thread: Help! New player here. What do I do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help! New player here. What do I do?

Okay..

I stupidly upgraded my char to 57 and I'm pretty damn lost now! haha
    I'm not new to MMO's and such but I'm completely new to this game.
    What should I do? c:

When I enter a zone/city do I just walk to the border and then start killing stuff, or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Check New player and guidie forum to get some ideas
    I would start there to get abit ideas and tips about game. Then go to tombs and aim for 61!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You should of waited until lvl 20 so you can understand/learn some things in the game first. Go to ydra forest first then dead city, kraken, nodr, shuyal, tindirin, garetta and glinstones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Follow the Quest Line n in no time u ll get to know about the Game completely.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ceuidear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Do all levels one by one, u can find consignment store in cities for example traverrlers outpost where u can buy items and sell the ones u don't use.

Basically do levels one by one, join guild, talk to ur guildmates to spend time and ask them for help for levels u can't do, hunt valuable items, buy and sell items in consignment store

Sent from my LG-F220K using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I won't go too much in depth, but here's the...
    Summary:
    -Npcs and quests
    -Stats and skills
    -(Pets)
    -Maps
    -(Pvp)
    -(Elites)
    -Luck
    -Trading
    -Stash
    -Guilds
    -Potions
    -Chat

Start from Windmoore! Even if you're lvl 57, you can still learn the basics

Talk to all the npcs to learn more about Arlor (the world you're playing in), and especially to the ones with a question/exclamation mark on them (don't skip grey question marks! Sometimes they also mark a quest-end). They'll give you quests and rewards and point you to the next map to run, the next boss to whack!

If you're worried about stats and skills, it's simple.
    -put all stat points into STRENGTH if you're a Warrior (big bulky guy), DEXTERITY if you're a Rogue (lady), INTELLECT if you're a Sorcerer (blue thing)
    -put your skill points into whatever skill sounds best to you! There's plenty of guides in the respective class' subforum (Warrior/Rogue/Sorcerer class discussion) if you're lost. Remember to always max out the PASSIVES that add to your strength, dexterity and intellect.
    If you regret your decisions later on, you can always respec (change all points again) for a relatively low price ^^)
    I'm not gonna go into detail because... It's already a haldful to read.

You'll see a lot of pets in your stable! A lot of them are decent and again, relatively cheap. There's plenty of people already asking which are the best pets in the Pets subforum
    I'm not gonna go into detail because... It's already a haldful to read.

Here's the order the game's story unfolds in (aka what order you run th maps).
    Each segment of the game has a friendly, safe "city" where players hang out, and a set of hostile maps where you'll have to face enemies and fight your way to the boss. The first maps will be easy for a lvl 57!

To avoid information overload, read these as you reach the areas (if you need them!)

-City of Windmoore (city) and Brackenridge (to start Brackenridge, go NORTH from Windmoore)

-Traveler's Outpost (city) and Ydra

-Great City of Kraag (city) and Dead City (not a city)

-Paradise Pier (city) and Kraken Isles (to start this segment, go SOUTH from Windmoore). Here you'll have to go through the first two Kraken maps, Windmoore Harbor and Southern Seas, before reaching Pier. You should get a mail asking help from the Pirates (starts questline)!
    Talk to Captain Hannah Raven on the Dragon's Jewel for some other side maps too

-Stronghold (city) and Nordr (to start this segment, go to Kraag and head NORTH-WEST, basically where you first entered through Rook's Nest ). You'll have to go through Nordr's first map, Jun Woods, to reach Stronghold.
    Remember to talk to the Herald of Arlor in Kraag for the quest (starts qustline)!

-Kelys (city) and Shuyal (to reach Kelys, go WEST from Stronghold's spawn point, down the stairs and enter the big pink portal.
    Thanks Avinub for pointing out Shuyal was missing

-Expedition Camp (city) and Tindirin. You should get a quest from the mailbox to save Tindirin; you'll then be sent to Paradise Pier, where you need to talk to Jorrick and then Captain Oarswood (from where you spawn in Pier, follow the "ship docks" sign down the wooden path). They'll ferry you to Expedition Camp

-Garetta Village (city) and Glintstone Caverns. To reach Garetta, talk to the Miners spread around the other cities and follow their instructions! I think you'll find the way in Ydra's 3rd map.

-Glintstone (city) and Underhul. You'll reach Glintstone by crossing the exit at the end of Glintstone Caverns' last map, Gnomish Ruins, right after the boss!

-Chancel of Light (city) and Graveyard. To reach Chancel, talk to Herald Horgan (you can find him in various cities), and remember the couple secret moves he teaches you. Then head to Garetta and go NORTH-EAST, towards the caged Orc. You'll see Ephestis the Doorkeeper, show him the moves!

Pvp: I suggest you don't try it out unless you are VERY well geared xD pvp is mostly a zone for really rich, really well geared players . It's also useful to get some experience with your class and become familiar with your skills first.

Elites: you can run any hostile map (except Graveyard) in a harder mode! Just tap "Elites" (bottom right corner of the map).

Luck
    ...is a buff you get from various stuff... here's how it works.
    If you have, say, 10% luck, it means you have a 10% to "reroll" on mob kill. When you kill an enemy, it can drop an item; if you "reroll", the game will make the mob drop a second item, and will see whether the second item is better than the first. If it's not, you'll loot the first (better) item; if it is, you'll loot the second (better) item and a display message will say "You rerolled and got lucky!".
    What gives you luck? Hisha (the pet)'s arcane ability, Mishi (the pet)'s arcane ability (1 in 4 chance), Lucky (the pet)'s passive, Leprechaun's Pendant, Arlorian Egg Shelled Band (has chance), Luck Elixir, weapon awakenings (aka enchantments).

Other useful information:

-In this game you can trade. But to do this you'll have to get 100 story tokens to unlock it, by buying the Trade Permit. You gain story tokens by doing a very easy daily quest from the Wandering Minstrel* in Traveler's Outpost (each quest gives you 10 tokens )
    Once you unlock it, you can trade by two means:
    --->With other players directly, by pressing on them and then pressing "Trade" (or by typing "/tr Playername")
    --->Through the Auction, where everyone can list what they're selling, and buy from others. The Auction is in almost every city, just look for thick groups of players sitting in one spot! (Also for a brown hammer symbol )
    *Story tokens can be used to buy a lot of other extremely useful things, such as inventory slots (lets you carry more stuff), character slots (lets you create another character on the same account), Auction slots (lets you sell more stuff at once)

-In most cities there will also be a Stash, where you can put things to share with your other characters! (within the same account).

-Guilds! They're fundamental! A game is a lot more fun with people to talk to make sure they have at least a few players always online ^-^ some have a 50 plat guildhall which gives discounted potions! Make sure you're having fun in your guild if you ask around and make friends you'll eventually be invited in one ^^
    You'll find a lot of guilds in the "Guilds" subforum!

-Potions: you'll have to use A LOT of them, regardless of your level! Hehe xD If you're in a guild with proper guildhall, buy them from Eva. Otherwise, buy them from the Tavern in Windmoore (a smaller discount).

-Chat
    Press the text on the top right of the screen to say anything! A few useful stuff you can put in front of your messages:
    ---> "/t Playername" (short for /tell Playername) to send a private message to Playername
    ---> "/f Playername" (short for /friend Playername) to send a friend request to Playername (up to them whether they accept
    ---> "/g message" (short for /guildchat message) to chat with the guild (green text)
    ---> "/guildh" (short for /guildhall) to teleport you directly to the guildhall
    ---> "/partyi Playername" (short for /partyinvite Playername) to invite Playername to a party
    ---> "/partyi xxx" to run a map all by yourself, without other random players (the so called "ghost party ) Also works if you invite someone to a party and they don't accept.
    ---> "/partyl" (short for /partyleave) to leave your party (works with ghost parties too!
    You'll see people use some peculiar words. Here's a few.
    ---> Zzz = annoyed
    ---> Wkwkwk = hahaha in Indonesia
    ---> Auc/cs = auction
    ---> Lep/lepre = an amulet that gives you luck
    ---> Pt = party
    ---> Tt/gang/block/dummy farm: all pvp stuff
    ---> S) = I'm selling...
    ---> B) = I'm buying...
    ---> Wt4/Kt4/Km3 = Watcher's Tombs 4, Kraag Tombs 4, Kraken Mines 3 (all minimaps that you might run for exp)
    ---> Ss = screenshot (sometimes = Southern Seas, a Kraken map)

I've tried to make this as reader-friendly as I could, I know it's a wall of text xD
    I know I'm a week late, I hope I can still be of use to you or any other new player :<
    There's a lot more that could be talked about (locks, events, essays about pets and skills, fighting strategies, etc...), but I'm tired... Never written such a long post, and I don't even know if it's useful to anyone >.<
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 10-20-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Adding more stuff

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I agree w the others here. Start from the beginning like you are a beginner. Yes, the items wont be great but you will learn about Arlor, where things are, finish quests so you can go places, etc. its a good idea to do all the quests until you know an area.

Star light, star bright...