Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think price needs to be lowered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RYYUKK View Post
    I didnt spend 1 say farming those 800 tokens, since cap up i been farming graveyard, killing mobs and running for boss, as i said there is ways to farm
    Dont start ur drama trying to look cool
    While you are calling other players lazy, most of us here are earning real money enough to buy our own house, start a family, start a business. That's the difference between being lifeless and having a profession.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    What Safi wanted to say is that not everyone is as lifeless as you to literally waste 4-5 hours daily in game, people do have their jobs, school, family and the time to rest, which I prefer more than playing AL.
    What do people like you gain by picking on people that play AL more compared to you? Like OMFG congratulations you have more stuff to do IRL GOOD FOR YOU! Don't call out people who can spend more hours playing the game "lifeless". You don't even know the person yet you judge. Just stop K?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    What do people like you gain by picking on people that play AL more compared to you? Like OMFG congratulations you have more stuff to do IRL GOOD FOR YOU! Don't call out people who can spend more hours playing the game "lifeless". You don't even know the person yet you judge. Just stop K?
    That comment you quoted won't happen if there was no arrogant troll lurking the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Hmmm ... its a shame when trolls leap in and knock topic off subject ... Only thing to do with trolls is ignore em so they crawl back under their bridge?!?!?
    So lets get it back on track ...
    I think this expansion is great, and am really enjoying it.
    The key thing is that this is a long form expansion designed to last months rather than weeks so we dont finish it in a rush and get bored at the start of the season ... and i suspect it will be running for the full length of the season, so there is no need to hurry, just relax and enjoy at your own pace without the pressure of having to "achieve" certain things within a tight timescale.
    I dont think the coin drops should be reduced, or that it should be quicker to reach exalted status ... and im finding that coins v mob kills for rank up and ability to purchase the armour and weapon items in future seems balanced. By spending the time ranking up you will have roughly the amount of coins to purchase the badges and items accordingly that are available at each stage.

We all have different amounts of time to be online ... doenst make us more important or less important ... and in fact i may go as far as to say that those that play many many hours a day are going to run out of things to do, and run out of coin inv long before we hit stage two, so its an advantage to have less time to play in some ways as you will evolve WITH the updates rather than twiddling your thumbs waiting for stage three, four etc etc?!?!?
    Play when you like, how you like, and just save your coins so you can unlock and explore each stage as it is released .... you will do fine.

Mob kill counts so far as far as i know:
    2k apprentice
    6k acolyte
    16k advocate
    30k disciple
    55k lightbearer
    115k elite lightbearer

To give you basic timescales from my perspective is as follows.
    im level 61 warrior, if i pick up the daily kill 16 boss' and run the "gravy" map with complete randoms it takes about 2 hours to complete, if i run the graveyard back to back that is ... and i gain roughly 1500 mob kills in that time. If there are three warriors in the map then i step out to make room for higher dps players ... this is nothing personal to other players, its purely practical and does everyone a favour, as three warriors clear the map more slowly!!?!
    If i run with a good team that knows the pull points for the mobs and that work together often, and we have the dps to kill em quick, then "gravy" can be moped up in almost half the time ...

The only thing i have to query is that once you hit lightbearer the next step is like 60k mob kills?!?!??! This is a long amount of grinding without any intermediate goals .... disciple to lightbearer is hard enough @_@ .... ranking up from elite lightbearer to the top rank is going to be mentally challenging for sure.
    If there was some way to recieve some kind of intermediate rewards in order to break down the journey between the very long ranks that would be awesome ..... it would help motivate us along the long path ahead of us, and help to break down the many many many hours that will be required to rank up to exalted status?
    Kinda mini goals within the main goal.
    The aps for killing the boss are good.
    Maybe introduce more aps to kill the mini boss' in mausoleum levels 2,3,4 etc etc to encourage us to explore the mausoleum more rather than merely grinding the graveyard to rank up (which is HUGELY faster to gain mob kills and boss kills for coins than the mausoleum)
    Or how about aps for 100 boss kills in graveyard, 100 boss kills in mausoleum one, 100 boss kills in mausoleum two ... 5K mob kills in each area ... etc etc etc .... maybe 500 boss kill aps
    This will do several things:
    1. Make us run the various maps for different goals and achievements
    2. Break up the monotony of grinding the graveyard
    3. Distract us from the MONSTER grind up through the ranks
    4. Spread the leaderboarders out a little, help knock the botters off the leaderboards, and perhaps address the many many complaints regarding leaderboards?

And how about an armour vanity that is comprised of 4 parts, sword, shield, helm and finally armour, and until each part has been achieved (say one piece every 20k kills) it cannot be crafted and worn? Say from elite lightbearer to exalted? There are already some great armour sets you have designed that could be adapted ... like Septum Uru for example.

We as players need encouragement and structure and goals to climb up that rank ladder .... or at least to make the journey through the higher ranks more interesting for us. To face the potential over 100,000 mob kills to achieve exalted we are gonna need help to distract us .... or our brains will dribble out our ears ... if they havent already :P
    Last edited by Greoatef; 10-26-2016 at 01:45 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I like your ideas, Greo. Personally I was dragging my feet a bit till I saw the Twilight Coffin reward for Lightbearer rank, which did a lot to bolster my motivation to run. Similar point milestones will be great to have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I guess this is the vanity reward for exalted rank:
    Name:  preview_7.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  30.9 KBName:  preview_8.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  29.2 KB