Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Getting to level cap is hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default Getting to level cap is hard

The grind to rise up the rank is insane. I love playing arcane legends but time is not my my side right now. IB Exams coming up.

This is also harder because the mobs are op even though i play with level 61 party and we are good. Takes 6-10min and around 20-40 mobs per game.

Please try to reduce the grind and it will make the game more fun. It can be very frustrating.
    I love to play and i often hate lazy people, dont get me wrong i am not lazy.

Everyone would appreciate a decrease in mobs killed and maybe add way to reward 2x balanced tokens or any other ways.

Thanks
    Last edited by Justg; 10-16-2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Less dramatic title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

They need to add more mobs to the map in my opinion or every mob you kill you get either twice the amount like right now it's 1 point a Mob well make it 2 or 3, or they could make it to wear every rank gets extra points or every map you unlock you get extra points .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

You need to ask me to make your Recipes .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Recipe View Post
    They need to add more mobs to the map in my opinion or every mob you kill you get either twice the amount like right now it's 1 point a Mob well make it 2 or 3, or they could make it to wear every rank gets extra points or every map you unlock you get extra points .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
    agree specially its harder for low levels to randomly enter the maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Agree on adding more mobs, the difficulty is fine, not that easy and not that hard,. and also having a hard time with tokens, wish sts can add more daily quest for token.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They should either add more mobs, or put exp/kills back in tombs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

The issue currently is that no one is interested in taking the off-shoot paths to get more mobs. Everyone only runs the path straight to boss killing whatever mobs come in the way. This is mainly because collecting both tokens & points is a very long grind.
    By taking the path straight to boss, you end up killing less then 100 mobs & thus get less then 100 points per run.....making you have to run the maps more times.
    I think sts should increase the number of mobs on the boss path. 100 is a good number per run. Off-shoot paths will never be used by anyone due to the extensive nature f the grind needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+100000

Send From Krag City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

I think the maps are fine the way they are. The token-to-points ratio gained from running the Somberholt Graveyard from start straight to boss allows you to reach the rank as well as farm the required number of tokens needed to buy the proof for that rank. Perhaps what could be changed is the number of points per mob in the lower levels of the mausoleum. the mobs are significantly harder to kill in the 2nd level. It takes quite a long time to finish the map. If the mobs gave more points it would incentivize the grind to acolyte (and higher ranks in subsequent stages) to unlock the lower levels of the mausoleum and run there.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The Expansion is okay. Someone said that they expect it to last for 6 months, maybe it is how long before you get a belt and a bow. It should keep us company

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PEMA View Post
    Someone!!!
    It's not someone, its Garry personally
    *shifty eyes*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorayai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The Expansion is okay. Someone said that they expect it to last for 6 months, maybe it is how long before you get a belt and a bow. It should keep us company
    Sure but by the time we finished getting those items... new content comes along and no one cares anymore

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Some how I missed this post of Cara's, I thought this is a good spot to share his quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on this, I want to take a moment to explain a bit of the philosophy of this expansion and how it opens up over time.

- The Graveyard is the entry point for endgame content, saving up for a badge to get into the Mausoleum is a milestone in the new content. While it is understandable that everyone wants immediate access, having a sense of progression and accomplishing it are important. This exists agin at floors 3 and 4 as another rank and badge requirement exist.
    - Once inside the Mausoleum, the floor depths play a key roll in increasing token payout. Starting with Mausoleum 1 and 2, players will have the chance to run into Minibosses (the bosses from the Graveyard) at random places on the floor. Killing these also grant a token, and the chances and number of minibosses potentially available starts to go higher the deeper you go.
    - In addition to weapons and stats, ranking up your character adds a passive buff inside of Somberholt Dungeons that increase raw damage and armor eventually making the once difficult content harder and faster to farm.
    - Scaling Difficulty. New this expansion we have removed the idea of "elite" dungeons, and are instead doing level scaling of the mobs. You may have noticed at level 61 that the mobs in the Graveyard have Green dots rather than yellow. Their level is capped at 59, making them easier to dispatch as ranks, gear, and levels push you to more power. A real sense of power progression. On the flip side in the depths of the Mausoleum level 61's will be taking on level 62, 65, and on and on over time providing a different style of challenge to the player.

This expansion content is designed to unroll slowly over time to introduce new bosses, new encounters, new chase items and harder difficulties while keeping the content a little fresher than the past expansions and their fixed maps. Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace, as over time every stage will all inevitably unlock and its rewards and content will expand as part of the narrative.

This is a new take on an expansion that we hope achieves a couple of things.

1. The one-and-done expansion. Previously the content would release, and be finished within 2 hours. Nothing new to work towards, and an apprehension related to when the new item is coming

2. Provide a clear path of achieveable progress through items and content. As of launch, everyone know there is a Mythic at level 61. They know it can be upgraded, and what will be required to do so. This is unique as previously none of this would be known up front and the expectancy that ones gear may immediately become worthless as soon as a new crate mythic is released was very high and had its own issues. This is an achieveable milestone that becomes available over time.

3. Challenges with increased reward payout. All of the loot in the new expansion is available at this point. By going deeper into the dungeons the chances of getting the good stuff begins to increase substantially as the number of bosses on a floor each give a chance at the loot, and the chance of the loot to drop is higher than the previous floor. New tile types will begin to spawn with additional encouters and rewards as well!

4. Expandable difficulty. We have no doubt that by the time Mausoleum 5 is unlocked end game players will be working hard to best it. One of the great aspects of the randomization dungeon system is we can add additional floors to expand the depth from 5 to 10, to 20, etc. Increased chances of fighting yet more minibosses for more tokens, even better loot chances, and unique encoutners all make for a more rewarding experience

We are attempting to balance the immediate sense of gratification with prolonged goals and individual, as well as server progress.

Keep the feedback rolling in but we do want to express that this expansion is different than what has come before.

-Carapace
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Grinding is hard but i met some nice people during that and gain experience, knowledge about game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Something to encourage those not capped to run the offshoots of the graveyard are the chests to open (I've gotten pinks) and you get 50 Xp granted to you. Plus extra kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Agreed. It feels like leveling to cap over and over again.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Just doing some dailys @shuyal and nordr and leveling up at Citadel, (I counted the xp earning at citadel using +10xp from abaddon 500xp per run)

Error 404 not found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoism View Post
    Just doing some dailys @shuyal and nordr and leveling up at Citadel, (I counted the xp earning at citadel using +10xp from abaddon 500xp per run)
    i dont mean levels i am already capped. I mean rank within the new expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Obsolete

Well, do you mean 6 months playtime? Its like 4380 hours. Its far from what i spend on this game. The life is offering much more than just AL. Myself, i play like 2 hours a day, and that 4380 hours is like 12 years

Take a look at the Banished and Glintsone armors and the effect of long term farming. I would say that way less than 1% of the players got it in time. For everybody else its obsolete. I can't define it fun. For players who can spend 20 hours a day its a challenge and fun, but for me, its just not reachable.

Robhawk

1. 60% XP-lix fromKlaas and Shazbot or in auction
    2. 20% arlorian egg-shelled ring
    3. 10% abadon pet
    4. 15% permanent with adventure kit

Then play Underhul last 2 maps with a good party and it wont be hard at all.

You are welcome !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This thread is about ranking & not levelling so pls read bfr posting.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post: