Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Getting to level cap is hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aragium View Post
    Well, do you mean 6 months playtime? Its like 4380 hours. Its far from what i spend on this game. The life is offering much more than just AL. Myself, i play like 2 hours a day, and that 4380 hours is like 12 years

Take a look at the Banished and Glintsone armors and the effect of long term farming. I would say that way less than 1% of the players got it in time. For everybody else its obsolete. I can't define it fun. For players who can spend 20 hours a day its a challenge and fun, but for me, its just not reachable.
    Well, No pain, No gain as what they say. I guess playing for 2 hours a day is quite ok but it also means you will have less time achieving something you want to achieve. This game, just like any other games required more playing hours. If others can play 8-10 hours a day, well they will surely be rewarded more. From my own experience, i averaged 2-3 hours playing during weekdays because of work & family, and maximum of 6 hours during rest days. But im quite contended with what im achieved so far. good luck.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    This thread is about ranking & not levelling so pls read bfr posting.
    Oops my fault. Although its more like a rank cap then a level cap so the thread title is misleading a bit...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-17-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

https://youtu.be/dalyLxBC1IQ

Check it out I'm explaining how u can get fast XP. BOOST IT TO AN EXTRA 125% more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Tbh its actually pretty easy from 56 to 61 as long as you have the 7 day lixir plus perm 15% which most do anyway and the 60% lixir is A MUST and abba pet if needed ofc last map of underhul citadel can reach 61 in 1-3 days depending how much you play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I leveled up from previous cap to this cap in two days.
    I didn't use any XP elixir, pet or whatever. I leveled up with pure XP. Just do Nordr (4 Quests - 1800XP), Shuyal (4 Quests - 2400XP) and Kraken if you want (2 Quests - 600XP).
    And level up in Underhul. It took me 2 days to reach the cap. Good luck to the new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

As Saphiras says, I also think the ranking is fine the way it is currently balanced ..... and you are right, its going to take a very very very long amount of game time to reach the rank of Dark Acolyte or Luminous Templar! BUT this is good as its the stuff of the leaderboard players and the metal of legends.
    Only the truly hardy and most dedicated players are going to achieve those top ranks .... and will thus achieve the top armours which need to be crafted and upgraded with thousands of coins ... coins only available for killing the boss and the quests?
    This is truly the hard grind ....
    2K points for apprentice
    6K points for acolyte
    16K points for advocate
    30K points for disciple
    56k points for Lightbearer (i think)
    and heaven only knows what points are required for above those ranks
    THEN you gotta collect thousands of coins for the new mythic armours and weapons ... which you will probably naturally achieve as you rise through the ranks with the coin per rank ratio .... this seems well balanced to me?
    To achieve the best you gotta work the hardest.
    We've had enough freebies of late ..... eggstravaganza and antignome to name a few of many ... now its time to show your colours if you choose to?
    I mean ... with the stat boost on new gears, which can be purchased cheaply now, any maps prior to twilight will be a breeze, a walk in the park? So theres heaps of new playability there? Plus just take your time in the new maps and enjoy the varied content ... and gain rank over time without pressure to finish the new content in two weeks?
    I grind maps and aps hard ...... im about 20k short on Lightbearer .... and im pretty thwarted at the mental challenge awaiting me of reaching Lightbearer let alone Dark Acolyte?!?!?!?! Its gonna be a long and winding path im sure ...

Welcome to the challenge people ... and its a mighty one, and i know i will not be the first to complete it ... but im not giving up or complaining, im just gonna relax into it, have fun with friends, learn the optimal pull points for each of the random maps, and head down to the stone.

OH ... and i truly hope there is something special in store for those that finally reach the ultimate position of dark Acolyte or Luminous Templar, because after all that hard work they are gonna friggin deserve it?!?!?"!

Plus i think there should be a unique vanity for the first 25 players to reach the top .... because this is probably one of the hardest challenges in game to date .... mentally i mean.
    And whats unique about this is that EVERYONE can do it in time .... no tricky hidden puzzles ... no complicated Dimensional bridges ..... no gold expense, as drops and gold piles are along the way .... its available to all?

SO .... what does sts AL loading screen say while the game loads?
    Sharpening Swords
    Adjusting Buckles
    Carving Bolts
    Flexing Muscles
    Drinking Ale
    Brewing Potions
    Filling Satchel
    Collecting Spare Coins
    SAYING MANTRA

you heard em ... get to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    Tbh its actually pretty easy from 56 to 61 as long as you have the 7 day lixir plus perm 15% which most do anyway and the 60% lixir is A MUST and abba pet if needed ofc last map of underhul citadel can reach 61 in 1-3 days depending how much you play
    Yarrrrrr right ..... normal level up 56 - 61 in underhul citadel fastest .... with lix and bits you get through about 10k experience points in about 45 minutes.
    Dont kill boss .... just pull big mobs .... blast em to pieces, and move on fast ..... avoid green pools as the slowing you down drives you crazy .... and let the dumb warrior wearing haste set thats doing all the pulls and aggros be kicked around the map infuriatingly by the mobs like a pinball in a pinball machine??!?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    this is probably one of the hardest challenges in game to date .... mentally i mean.And whats unique about this is that EVERYONE can do it in time .... no tricky hidden puzzles ... no complicated Dimensional bridges ..... no gold expense, as drops and gold piles are along the way .... its available to all?
    You just contradicted yourself. At first
    this is probably one of the hardest challenges in game to date
    yet you give reasons to why it's easy :
    no tricky hidden puzzles ... no complicated Dimensional bridges ..... no gold expense...
    In my opinion, the banished set quest was, and still is, the hardest (by a long shot). No one, to my knowledge, has even completed the banished quest line-after a full season of constant gameplay. This quest has extremely rare ingredients involved, along with days spent grinding , yet no final result. Even with the supposed portal buff, this needs to be addressed.

This new expansion is amazing. I am extremely impressed with all of the time and well thought out aspects to it. To add to my above point, and the OP's as well, The rank is almost halfway done by some (if their claims are true). The lack of RNG-to-reward ratio is spot on. This is not one of the hardest challenges in game. "everyone can do it in time .... no tricky hidden puzzles ... no complicated Dimensional bridges ..... no gold expense, as drops and gold piles are along the way ....".

PS: I have not started the banished quest-line, nor plan to at this time. I do however, take the time to stand up for the players that have worked their behinds off to get something that is currently non-existent. I, having little time as it is, know how valuable time is, and how much time has been consumed in this endeavor. For this set to not have been completed in an entire season plus some, by anyone, stands as a big issue in my eyes.
    Furthermore, I think as a business, you should reward the players that have spent the time to try to complete this quest since the beginning. Surely there are select few that deserve it, and, in my eyes, have earned it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aragium View Post
    Well, do you mean 6 months playtime? Its like 4380 hours. Its far from what i spend on this game. The life is offering much more than just AL. Myself, i play like 2 hours a day, and that 4380 hours is like 12 years

Take a look at the Banished and Glintsone armors and the effect of long term farming. I would say that way less than 1% of the players got it in time. For everybody else its obsolete. I can't define it fun. For players who can spend 20 hours a day its a challenge and fun, but for me, its just not reachable.
    We anticipate the expansion to get to "completion", stage 4 on farm in roughly 6 months. The difference is that this is a community and server expectation and not necessarily a personal expectation. While the personal ranks climb all the way to Exalted with Luminous Templar and Dark Acolytes, access to these ranks is still gated by the community progression so they go hand in hand.

So far we are happy with how it is going, and how the community is progressing! You guys are doing awesome
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I do understand everyone's point of view here - we're all different human beings after all. Therefore we all have different lifestyles. Having to spend even 2 hours a day minimum to even be able to achieve the minimum in a game is outrageous for my mind to handle. It's a game and not real life.

(I'm sorry if I sound too psychological buts it's my actual life career).

Anyways I feel like AL is turning into a World of Warcraft kind of game, which isn't what it should be. I have been playing for STS's games since PL's first BETA and it wasn't like this at all, which was in my opinion, great. Now, I feel like you 'have' to play at least 5 hours per day to 'feel' like you have a pro-character. Anyhow I found myself a passion in this game which is survival - getting as many kills as possible without dying. That's my pro-character and trust me I get players messaging me how awesome my stats and looks look, and, that's my achievement. Then you have the ones having the possibility to spend more time in this game and they will have their kind/part of 'achievement' feeling. This game is great even though it's turning into a "play at least xx hours per day to win" and not "pay at least xx to win". Which is good and bad, but nothing defines bad or good - only thinking makes it so. Honestly, set yourself a goal in this game whatever it is and achieve it, that's how I feel pro/rich. It's a game, they're developers, you're players. Welcome to 2016, and get prepared for 2017. Life is designed by technology now! Enjoy the game the way you want it to be folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    This thread is about ranking & not levelling so pls read bfr posting.
    I mean it does say as title "Leveling to cap is hard " but it also talks about ranking .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Recipe; 10-17-2016 at 07:42 PM.

You need to ask me to make your Recipes .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Recipe View Post
    I mean it does say as title "Leveling to cap is hard " but it also talks about ranking .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
    That's cuz Gary changed the title to be less dramatic, and confused people.
    I think his shifty eye has been flaring up
    O.o
    o.O
    >.<
    O_O

*ive started a Kickstarter to raise funds for lasic surgery, dig deep into those pockets, you know it's for a good cause

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I'm really grateful for the innovative and hard work STS have done to bring us this expansion. I think STS recognises that we need content that takes time to engage with, and we've certainly got that. So hard-core players are well catered for.

My only concern is that more casual players like myself might disengage. I'm working (often more than one job at a time) and doing post-grad study as well. I do, or at least did, buy plat though. Being so time-poor I really did appreciate the shortcuts plat offered. I'm not sure there's much value plat can add at the moment except for making gold. I have all the gold I need and so I haven't bought plat in ages, because it doesn't offer the same advantages it used to. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a change I've noticed. I don't want a pay-to-win game, that's lame. But a game in which my real-world financial investment has tangible in-game rewards.

Often I don't get to play at all on any given day; I rarely, if ever, play for more than an hour at a time (except during events, I do try play twice as much then). This means it will take me a LONG time to work my up the ranks. There simply isn't any way I can squeeze more time out of the day! So it means that regardless of the community progression, I'll be stuck in the first and second level of mausoleum. In previous expansions, I could at least access all the maps. In this expansion, I'm not sure how long I can stay interested when so little of the new content is available to me.

This isn't a complaint, btw. I realise that AL needs to decide what kind of game it is, and who its intended audience is. To move beyond casual gaming, content like the Twilight expansion is desirable and necessary. If AL is gonna go down that path, like fully developed MMOs, it would be nice to see a similar depth in customisation of gear and skills. This may in fact be the plan.

I have been playing the new content but yeah, I'm not sure if I, and perhaps other players in my situation, will be able to keep up. Like I said, this isn't a complaint, and I think the work STS has done is great. Maybe the game is just evolving beyond me. It's been fun though, no regrets

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acewasabi For This Useful Post:

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    I'm really grateful for the innovative and hard work STS have done to bring us this expansion. I think STS recognises that we need content that takes time to engage with, and we've certainly got that. So hard-core players are well catered for.

My only concern is that more casual players like myself might disengage. I'm working (often more than one job at a time) and doing post-grad study as well. I do, or at least did, buy plat though. Being so time-poor I really did appreciate the shortcuts plat offered. I'm not sure there's much value plat can add at the moment except for making gold. I have all the gold I need and so I haven't bought plat in ages, because it doesn't offer the same advantages it used to. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a change I've noticed. I don't want a pay-to-win game, that's lame. But a game in which my real-world financial investment has tangible in-game rewards.

Often I don't get to play at all on any given day; I rarely, if ever, play for more than an hour at a time (except during events, I do try play twice as much then). This means it will take me a LONG time to work my up the ranks. There simply isn't any way I can squeeze more time out of the day! So it means that regardless of the community progression, I'll be stuck in the first and second level of mausoleum. In previous expansions, I could at least access all the maps. In this expansion, I'm not sure how long I can stay interested when so little of the new content is available to me.

This isn't a complaint, btw. I realise that AL needs to decide what kind of game it is, and who its intended audience is. To move beyond casual gaming, content like the Twilight expansion is desirable and necessary. If AL is gonna go down that path, like fully developed MMOs, it would be nice to see a similar depth in customisation of gear and skills. This may in fact be the plan.

I have been playing the new content but yeah, I'm not sure if I, and perhaps other players in my situation, will be able to keep up. Like I said, this isn't a complaint, and I think the work STS has done is great. Maybe the game is just evolving beyond me. It's been fun though, no regrets
    This is great feedback, and we hope that for the time being our events like Halloween, Harvest, and Winter help fill the void of casual content cpmpared to the larger arc of the new Twilight Expansion. We plan to look at more casual content moving forward, though what will come of it is yet to be determined and I can't promise anything.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post

i wuv u..ur awesome..ur my hero in writing bud.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

19. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Thanks Cara, I appreciate it I'll never leave the game entirely, I always play and enjoy the events. I know you guys are responsive to feedback and I also know you want the very best for the game. By and large I reckon AL is in good shape, and it will be interesting to see how things unfold <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My two cents to lvl up fast would be run your exp dailys - about 15 of them (easier with the new quest lists) and before you turn them in, open a 60% exp elixer which drops from silver elite runner chests (for running elite zones). Your exp of an avg 4-5k wll be 8-10k boosting your lvl up faster than any grinding I know of. Works all the way to lvl 61.

Darkshadowess Level 61 Rogue