Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keys to Surviving the Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No, but thank you for the thought. I think it's a combination of things--some people forget they asked or figured it out on their own and just don't think to go back and check and say thanks even if they don't need the information any more. I think your other post was right, too--people don't know how to use the little forum thingies (technical term!) to say their thank-yous. Or they went skiing and, even as we speak, a valiant St. Bernard is still trying to dig them out of the snowdrift they crashed into while attempting to help deliver a baby and....I guess saying, "life gets in the way sometimes" is a little less dramatic.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quick query while we are on the subject: is there a way to do the rep/thumb up/ thanks thing from sts mobile forum app? This is what I use predominately for my forum grazing and wasn't able to find a way to do it. If not would it be appropriate to put this into the suggestion area?
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Great job Can!

Im definetely guilty of some of these things. Gotta get my nice on!

Also, if someone randomly trades with you (idk about u guys but this happens to me all the time) which i find quite annoying, just keep your cool, enter trade and just say no thank you you never know they might have something you like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Excellent post but you forgot rule 1; periodically remind the devs that squirrels are still missing in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I can't find a way to do that either, Giga. It's a great suggestion, though and you should put that one in.

Lol, aren't we all guilty of at least a few of them, Moth? I know I am, but I'm trying to be better. Trying.

And Stomp? I've heard rumors. Rumors of a secret training camp.....perhaps I've said too much.

Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    I can't find a way to do that either, Giga. It's a great suggestion, though and you should put that one in.

Lol, aren't we all guilty of at least a few of them, Moth? I know I am, but I'm trying to be better. Trying.

And Stomp? I've heard rumors. Rumors of a secret training camp.....perhaps I've said too much.

ROFL...This made me think of the thread what "COT does not stand for...", perhaps it is this: "Cannons Of Tomorrow"!

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

No, but thank you for the thought. I think it's a combination of things--some people forget they asked or figured it out on their own and just don't think to go back and check and say thanks even if they don't need the information any more. I think your other post was right, too--people don't know how to use the little forum thingies (technical term!) to say their thank-yous. Or they went skiing and, even as we speak, a valiant St. Bernard is still trying to dig them out of the snowdrift they crashed into while attempting to help deliver a baby and....I guess saying, "life gets in the way sometimes" is a little less dramatic.
    Very true! Though the last suggested must be a normal day-day occurrence, happens to everyone im sure (hang on... im sure this happened to me yesterday :O )

In this case the information was needed and they did say thanks! Result! Didn give the thumbs up but oh well can't win them all

EDIT:

Also another, though this ties in with number 6. Its okay to post what you want to say! aslong its Star Legends related its not bad or wrong to post 'General Discussion'.. even if its not something that will show the difference between weapons or armour, (awesome threads though) if it gets people discussing what your saying then its okay.

Im finding that the Forums are becoming alot less active than the last few weeks or so, 'the regular's' are popping on seeing that they have already posted and previously said all that they wanted an leaving. This does not warrant for 'junk threads' which would clutter the forums but be imaginative and create a thread that all members will add to. (We don't want to give the Devs cough* Sam *cough to easy of a job right )

Not wording it as well as you can Canon, however I hope you understand what im getting at
    Last edited by BodMaster; 09-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the tips!

Maine and Florida and USA and North America and the US and Earth and...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[B] “Skizbits, where you been??!?” “Tookadooka, what about our trade??!?”
    I bet those names are taken now!:P

“Your Mama dresses you funny” or “I’ve seen the gear you use” or “Noob!” isn’t a convincing argument--belittling someone doesn’t make what they say any less valid, it just means you don’t have a good counter-argument for your own position.
    Finally someone puts my thoughts into words.

Lol--people say, "I love you" are three of the hardest words for people to say. I disagree--I think most of us have a way harder time with, "I was wrong". (Thanks to IBNobody for this one.)
    I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you! I wars wourg... Damn your right!
    Last edited by Melancholy; 09-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Less than two months from the last piece!!! SO SAD!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

plus 1 dear +1