Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: User Interface Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We would ask that you please refrain from expressing your opinions and instead focus on concrete feedback, such as "if this button was moved slightly on this platform it would work better for me because..."

Thanks!
    Ok, the quest check box on iOS is very close to the NW corner of the virtual joystick area. If it is here to stay, please slide it up along the left edge of the screen slightly to create more spacing with the edge of the joystick touch area. Or move it over to the right of the screen between the Auto icon and the skill expand book/button.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Really the only issue I'm having is the quest checkbox right on top of the virtual joystick on Android. The emote menu had previously been in this location, and I disabled it because I was always accidentally hitting it at inopportune times. Beyond simply moving it somewhere else, having the option to hide the questbox would be an easy fix. I wouldn't miss it, but that's a personal preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I like the new layout a whole lot. It just gonna take some getting used to. The top is less cluttered and that's what I like about it the most.

Since there is an option to hide the emote button, could put it back on top and those that don't wnt it, they can hide it.

Really like.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The major point of concern is the skill collapse/expand button (the spell book) is moved to overlap with the health pot section. That issue isn't in SL since the skill wheel botton is above the skills rather than at the bottom of the screen.

*This issue is noted on an iPhone and I don't know how they translate to iPod, iPad or Android.

Also, the image for any combo elixir has a strange image:

The funky image for the combo elixir is an aftereffect of the upgrade. If you log out, double tap your iPhone's home button and force close the PL app and re-launch, all should be good. We're aware of this "after patch" funkiness and it's being worked on.
    *Fixed
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The funky image for the combo elixir is an aftereffect of the upgrade. If you log out, double tap your iPhone's home button and force close the PL app and re-launch, all should be good. We're aware of this "after patch" funkiness and it's being worked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please move the emotes back because I like to do silly things during runs. Especially after hours of grinding and farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

We would ask that you please refrain from expressing your opinions and instead focus on concrete feedback, such as "if this button was moved slightly on this platform it would work better for me because..."

Thanks!
    1. Move the virtual joystick lower (down toward the bottom of the screen) such that if the bottom left corner of the Ipad is sitting in the palm of your hand you can comfortably reach the joystick with your thumb.

2. Have the option to place the emotes back on your main screen full time with a toggle arrow on the screen as before. This could be placed directly above the new location of the virtual joystick I proposed in 1.

3. Place the text back on the bottom of the screen with varying lines of display (1/3/5/9). That way we can use our thumb to select the text box and type a message and not have to take our hands off the device and touch the top of the screen.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    Second, the loss of an instant accessible emote menu in 2 stages is not so good. It takes too many clicks to get the menu up. Might be good to put that one back in the old position.
    Have had a lot of time to get used to emotes in Star Legends, and I emote less than in Pocket Legends because the emotes are harder to get to. For example, waving hello was very common in Pocket Legends. I rarely do it and rarely see it in Star Legends.

On the other hand, the emotes in Pocket Legends used to be too easy to trigger. I would often accidentally hit an emote or, while turning, accidentally trigger the gesture for an emote. Of course, the latter can still occur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im on an ipod 3g and theres some things i hate and like so it would be awsome to be able to switch between the old and new interface
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Move the virtual joystick lower (down toward the bottom of the screen) such that if the bottom left corner of the Ipad is sitting in the palm of your hand you can comfortably reach the joystick with your thumb.
    Move the virtual joystick lower such that it's not in front of the dock connector, which has been a big inconvenience when playing with the iPad plugged in to avoid running out of power. But this was a problem with the old layout, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I find the health and mana bars too small

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The book for your spells are to close to the health potions. You could move it over slieghtly or put it back to the top right handed corner.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Two points:

1. I feel like the quest check box kinda gets in the way. I think the option to turn it off in the settings would make people feel better, or make it available in the same place as the mini-map etc.

2. The location of the spell-book (that makes your skills hide and show) is out of place on my iPhone. It's kinda over lapped by the health potions. Also, I keep hitting it when I try to use the potions. I think the toggle should be on the same place as the mini-map etc. And I feel that to make the toggle less needed on the main screen all the time, the skills should automatically hide when you open the keyboard to type a message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think that one option would be to give players the option of which UI they want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It's generally SL interface brought over to PL. Fortunately, I've been quite accustomed to the SL interface, so when introduced to PL it wasn't new.

I've come across quite a number of interface glitches though.

1. Can't scroll down the chat box. (iPhone at least). The skill icons in the map cover it.

2. Spellbook and Health Potion in PvE seem almost overlapped.

3. Emote menu icons get weird at times, sometimes an icon for a crafted item comes up instead of the emote icon.

4. In the notification page on the options, instead of an 'Elixir' toggle, it's still 'Enhancer'.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Another point, the location of the notification bubble seems to overlap the chat history within a player's page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

put the quick chat button back please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Herbert View Post
    put the quick chat button back please
    it is still there..... right next to the chat log

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    it is still there..... right next to the chat log
    Gluttony is a visual learner:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new interface is definitely going to take some getting used to, but I neeeeeed that chat box moved back with the same amount of lines as before. I had to ask 3 friends before I found out how to chat without using quick chat! XD
    ❖ B❖ W❖ A❖ H❖ A❖ H❖ A❖ G❖ I❖ R❖ L❖