Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: User Interface Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thank you all very much for the specific feedback and for taking the time to provide screenshots. This is every helpful. The team will be looking it over and making changes as necessary.

If there are other items that haven't been mentioned in the thread, please post with your specific example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    I find the health and mana bars too small
    Definitely agree with this post. I died 4 times in sewers because of this.
    I use a 7" Android Tablet and its still very small. Also agree to either give option to remove the checkbox or for it to be moved further up. I do like the notifications though, but could make better use of it if it was swapped with buff hide/unhide button.

I strayed from SL because of the new interface like this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thank you all very much for the specific feedback and for taking the time to provide screenshots. This is every helpful. The team will be looking it over and making changes as necessary.

If there are other items that haven't been mentioned in the thread, please post with your specific example.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to the community. Makes me know that you care what players have to say about the game and how to make it a pleasant experience to play. You guys made the best mmo i have ever played and Im 30 years old and am still addicted even after 6+ months of playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The quick chat button, which you haven't commented on if it could be changed Sam? Please, if that button is moved to where it was it would be so much better because it's in the tiny space between the chat and the new gear icon on non-tablet devices.

Neither this nor the new touch chat to chat thing is thumb friendly. We have to drag our thumbs all the way to the top of the screen from the comfortable position on the bottom.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Feedback

Samsung Galaxy tab 7" and Droid X2

1.) Emote button needs to be on the main screen and preferably toggle-able in options ( under the shield in the upper left would be perfect).
    2.) I dislike the changes to chat buttons. Currently I can not direct my team properly in ctf/pvp matches.
    a.) If you insist on keeping the chat system as is, please move it all to the bottom ( it could collapse down rather up like it currently does). Moving the skill hide button to the top would be fine since it is rarely used and it could also be toggle-able in options ( I never collapse my skills and I'm willing to bet most pvpers don't either).
    b.) return it to how it was previously.
    Last edited by Kaarataka; 09-23-2011 at 11:45 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    1.) Emote button needs to be on the main screen and preferably toggle-able in options ( under the shield in the upper left would be perfect).
    2.) I dislike the changes to chat buttons. Currently I can not direct my team properly in ctf/pvp matches.
    a.) If you insist on keeping the chat system as is, please move it all to the bottom ( it could collapse down rather up like it currently does). Moving the skill hide button to the top would be fine since it is rarely used and it could also be toggle-able in options ( I never collapse my skills and I'm willing to bet most pvpers don't either).
    b.) return it to how it was previously.
    Thanks for the feedback, Kaarataka. If you could, can you please include which device you are playing on. There are different versions of the UI for different devices (because they have different resolutions).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hi Sam, just feedback...

* Chat stream
    The position of the toon is slightly below centre allowing the player to look ahead at top of screen when going through maps, the chat stream (which is very useful) is obtrusive at the new top position.

* Options for screen clutter
    There was an option to remove emot icon, joystick etc in the menu->options section which I thought was a better option for clearing screen clutter as it is customisable per user who may find it important or not.

The skill map that can be retracted and expanded is very useful. If screen real estate or clutter was being addressed, those would be very useful toggable options.

[edit]
    Chat stream is not only obtrusive, but when I tap around that area to move my toon (because I don't use the joystick), it brings up the virtual keyboard.
    Last edited by Haowesie; 09-24-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Oh, it would be nice also to be able to scroll through the chat stream without having to try and type a message.

I'm on an iPad.
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Important! Emoticons need better acces.

P.S. Idea: Why not putting a current status text on top of the character name displaying if I'm AFK or busy. just saying

iPad 2 user

JulsAngel - Archer lvl 56 Customized Crown and Armor w/ Sewer King's Bow
    JulsDemon - Enchantress lvl 32 Full Onyx Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    I have the same problem on my DROID x2 Android v 2.3.3
    i have droid x2 and i think we should have an option to turn it off if we aren't using it, it just gets in the way

Asaciuacor | Noobieftw

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

So the devs state that they try to remove as much as functions from the main screen to make them not interfere with gameplay, i.e. emotes menu is gone. So explain to me why there is an unusefull button that tells me which quests there are? If anything is useless, it's that button. This is because once you are in a quest, you play it and so you don't want to be annoyed by that button when playing the quest. There's no function for it.

I do like the "Notification button (reminder of private chat)", except it doesn't work yet. When I am in a map/town where the one that messaged me isn't, if I reply by tapping it, the text is shown as plain text that everyone can read. So the one that send me a message doens't receive it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I appreciate the attempt to improve viewing area, however some of the changes have sacrificed functionality. Please consider the following for future updates.

1. Quest log on main screen is too big and is useless to those who have completed all quests.
    2. Hiding emotes makes their use difficult. For example, if I want to laugh at a joke, by the time I actually get to press the lol button, the conversation has already shifted to something entirely different.
    3. The enlarged menu button on the upper left has caused the names of the players on the team to be pushed lower. On an iPad, these names are directly above the virtual joystick. When there is virtual joystick skip, we often end up pressing the fifth player's name and going in to the screen that displays his/her stats. Either the joystick needs to be moved lower or the names need to be moved.
    4. Pressing the menu button now brings us to a screen with "Exit" and "World Map" in the lower left and right corners, respectively, rather than our avatar screen. Could these two button not be added to the avatar screen to reduce the redundanty in the buttons on top?

* This post is copied from Sam's thread in General Discussions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the emotes and quest button should be swapped around.

I believe everyone enjoyed the emote button being more efficient to get to.
    IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScarecrowWolf View Post
    I think the emotes and quest button should be swapped around.

I believe everyone enjoyed the emote button being more efficient to get to.
    Agree. I personally haven't used any emotes anymore ever since this new interface. Would love to hear the bird laugh, it literally makes me chuckle too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Just a heads up...I see people mentioning notifications. Was there a notification system added, like in SL, in the top right of the screen? If so, it doesn't appear to be working on Android (2.3.3). I haven't seen any notifications, and I definitely should have by now between friend requests, PMs, etc.

Also, just want to mention again that the quest box by the virtual joystick is a serious pain right now. Constantly popping up when it's not wanted. It even made me accidentally leave a map I was on (via "go to" function) in the middle of a run. The same thing used to happen with the emote menu (until I disabled it), but at least the worst thing to happen then is that I'd accidentally wave or something. For future reference, putting anything that close to the virtual joystick is probably bad news.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-24-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Samsung Galaxy S.
    My biggest problem is the size of the mana and health bars. The reason is because my shield and heal timing is off. I am a pvp player and knowing exactly how much hp and mana I have left is crucial.
    It would be like driving your car, looking at the gas gauge and all the sudden it is shrunk and you can not approximate how much you have due to the proportions being small and a lot less visible.
    Maybe it will take time to get used to, but the meters are too small and have a huge influence to be altered that much. Simply too difficult to monitor.
    also, please give us an option to possibly customize our own interface. I dont pve so I dont want nor need a huge quest arrow, it may be a lethal mistake in pvp if one hits it accidentally. Therefore mine would not include that.
    Another thing, skills on the right side. It is fine that they are collapsable, however it may be good to make them a little more transpartent. Semi see through so they dont block so much of the screen when no collapsed.
    People love emotes, they are a quick and animated way to express thoughts, feelings etc. if we have to click more may as well type the message instead. Emotes trump typing for some.
    Also the notification bubble blocks the msg button when on another persons profile. Say u r in town having a conversation while on the persons profile. U must either clear the bubble dirst by x-ing out or respond..which is interrupting and defeats the purpose of focusing on that one person to pm w.
    Thanks. I love how we can talk while our heads are deep into the cs listings and the reminders are helpful in keeping me on top of pms. Which is great.
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 09-24-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please make an option to move chat on the bottom of the screen!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

didnt read all comments, iam on iphone 3GS

1. resolution of skills etc. isnt right, they seems to big.. kinda streched.
    2. so mayb bcz of this skill book is almost under hp pots button
    3. plz make option to remove the quest check box... uselsess 90% of time and to near to joystick
    4. emotes button plz back to main screen
    5. increase menu button and hp/mana bars
    6. increase "chat lines"-button, kinda very tiny.. changing often the line numbers to c drops, previous chats etc.
    7. the notification button is awesome good!! plz implement a sold notification from cs too!
    8. exit level button seems covered from joystick

in overall iam happy with new interface, will require just some time to adapt it in my mind too
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

yea i agree with the emotes having to go to menu and then click on emotes is harder to remember. it was easier to click it from your screen

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd agree that health and mana are too small, also the new feature on the left where emotes used to be is bothersome. Emotes are way too annoying to get to, especially when wanting to do so quickly. The quest notification should be optional on page and controls should be in settings. Finally, the removal of the chat button at the bottom has made it quite annoying to talk. Once the chat window opens you can no longer view your health and mana which is important if you're talking and playing at the same time. I now can not see if my health is running out while I talk. Also the chat dialogue box is too long, it's hard to read the last text listed because it's almost covered up. The button to toggle skills needs to be moved back to its original spot. Lastly the deal of the day now seems to come up constantly when I return to login screen, if I've seen it once I don't think I need to keep seeing it. I'm playing on a droid incredible version
    2.2. Thanks for listening to our feedback!
    Last edited by Weak_Sauce; 09-24-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer