Since the idea of PLeague started by Moth is starting to catch some attention, I'd like to give my two cents on this. It's essentially a good idea but in my opinion, it lacks some planning. Moth created the tournament structure based off of a football league if I'm not mistaken, but in reality we have to see how feasible this idea really is.

First of all, PL has a significantly small player base right now and I don't think that that's going to change. Out of that small player base, there would only be a part of the community that would be interested. And out of those, only a fraction would find teams to participate. And then out of those remaining players, only a few would be able to invest so much time and money into a game. Well you can see where I am going with this... The point is that there would be far too few players in the first place to think about a "championship".

Secondly most of the 'bans' are pretty demotivating. There shouldn't be any bans whatsoever on gear, attributes and classes. The point of having a league is to create the best combination of classes, gear and tactics to win as a team, not so that all teams turn out to be practically the same. If that is the case then it all comes down to luck.

The whole set up of having a team and PvPing against each other can be simplified because luckily, PL already has a system for teaming up, and that is guilds! I suggest that separate leagues be created at certain level ranges and the teams be guilds. That way there can be substitute players as well. Since most guilds either cover a large range of levels or pertain to a specialized PvP level, I think that this would work.

Note: This is not to dismiss Moth's work. I actually appreciate that he took the time to make something like that. In fact I hope that if others agree with me as well, that Moth makes a revised version of his PLeague.