Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farming gold? Anywhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Farming gold? Anywhere?

Other than events, what are the best way for me to farm gold?? now that locked twilight is unfarmable in mines and tombs.. its very very difficult to farm gold. Thanks!

Suggestions other than events, plzz!!

Add me as friend if you want ~lv60 Okaveucaco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

At the moment, try to farm Paracelsus with Lepre/Hisha/egg ring/reroll lix for Halloween locked crates. Just grind graveyard/mausoleum for pink drops and tokens. FYI higher level pinks drop more often from mausoleum, but lvl57/58 gear is still in demand due to the lvl58 PvP twink bracket. So decide where you want to focus on grinding. You'll need to reach elite lightbearer rank in the end to have access to the best gear in this expansion, and you'll also need a large amount of tokens to exchange for those gears. So even if you don't manage to loot nice pinks, consider the rank and token grind an investment in the future.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. It takes a very long time to grind all the points up to elite lightbearer rank. I have another question.. Is it easy to sell all the lv57-58 items?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingpro View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It takes a very long time to grind all the points up to elite lightbearer rank. I have another question.. Is it easy to sell all the lv57-58 items?
    Auction is already flooded with those items, but if you dont mind to sell them on low price, its easy, yes. Its worth it imo, because they are dropping often from the maps, and you have a chance to loot a good one and get 100k+ for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This expansion is a gold sink & not a gold well.
    A lot of the new pinks have already dropped in price & its very diffc to sell.
    I myself am having a hard time wondering how to make gold to fund pets or even ankhs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    A lot of the new pinks have already dropped in price & its very diffc to sell.
    I myself am having a hard time wondering how to make gold to fund pets or even ankhs.
    I dont know how do you play, but im doing well on the new maps. Im endig up with more gold than i started to grind with on the new maps, even im also feeding my pet and using potions as well (i dont even have any gold loot awakening on my weapon). But SHHHH! Im afraid if STG will see this, theyll gone lower the gold drop rate on the new mpas :S

Also, im farming on glintstone and underhul maps for golden elite runner chests and for some pinks.

And a tip: farm arena without a summoned pet (since arenas gold loot has been removed) untill you loot like 50+ chests. Youll surely get some ankhs as a reward for some boring but easy grinding. Belive me, its worth the time, im doing arena once a week and not stopping it under i have 100 arena chests. Sometimes i loot only 10 ankhs, sometimes i loot 70. Not to mention what if you loot a fossil. DING DING DING JAKCPOT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

#JewelFarmFTW

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Absolutely not true. You folks know we keep a close tab on the economy. Here is a chart of gold in from the last 30 days:

Name:  gold_flow.JPG
Views: 822
Size:  39.7 KB

Gray bars are the expansion, dark and light greens (olive drab-ish) are Halloween.

You want to make gold? Get to end game and play the events.

Have fun out there!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Absolutely not true. You folks know we keep a close tab on the economy. Here is a chart of gold in from the last 30 days:

Gray bars are the expansion, dark and light greens (olive drab-ish) are Halloween.

Have fun out there!

- g
    Yea but once event is over you can tell it's a drop in gold loot. I personally still like to run graveyard for legendary and big gold drops which goes nice with 100% gold loot Awakening.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    Yea but once event is over you can tell it's a drop in gold loot. I personally still like to run graveyard for legendary and big gold drops which goes nice with 100% gold loot Awakening.
    Of course it drops, the event is over! This was in response to someone complaining the event was a sink. End Game is still where it's at after events are over.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Pink = glintstone , orange = underhul ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Have fun out there!

- g
    Thanks for sharing! I love seeing the game graphs, so interesting :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Have fun out there!

- g
    which one was arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    which one was arena?
    Given its abrupt stop... Orange?
    IGN: Vvildfire

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post:

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

This graph doesn't go far enough back to show the inflow of gold from Arena that caused us to make the adjustment.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    This graph doesn't go far enough back to show the inflow of gold from Arena that caused us to make the adjustment.
    How much does the peak account for? As in whats the total amount of gold in that?

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    How much does the peak account for? As in whats the total amount of gold in that?
    Vertical scale intentionally omitted
    | | | |

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Have fun out there!

- g
    The influx of gold from new content is only because it was still new & ppl were excited to see whats available so many ppl were grinding it. When I said this expansion is a gold sink, this Is what I meant:
    1. The rank grind is too long & difficult for ppl to achieve. It ends up taking most of their play time.....time which they could have spent farming other elites to make gold.
    2. Values of pinks have already dropped. Only in demand pinks are some lv58 twink gears & end game brut, assault or potency gears. These drops are also hard to come by. It may take in excess of 50 graveyard runs to get a valuable item. Ppl could have made more gold elsewhere if the time taken for those 50 runs was spent farming other items.
    3. Mausoleum is still very difficult for ppl to play & drops are very hard to come by. A lot of ppl just end up running away leaving you with a big negative on pots and ankhs already used on that run.
    4. Locks. The biggest & main source of income for f2p in this game. Farming locks has become an extreme challenge for ppl since it was removed from all tombs & mines. Another thing I noticed is that the crafting costs have been doubled. I do not understand why. Cryo large was 500g & massive was 1000g to craft. Twilight large is 1000g & massive is 2000g to craft. If I take the crafting cost plus the number of elixirs it would take to farm 9locks from bosses on maps, I will either be making losses or extremely low profit due to the current price of massive twilights (45-50k).
    5. Daily quests. Running daily quests may be a free source of income but the time taken to run through them is not justifiable for the gold reward at the end of it. We are looking at +/- 2hrs per toon to run most of them for a +/- 17k reward at the end (this is just a rough estimate).
    Now I know some ppl are gonna say farm elite runners chests or heretic chests etc etc. The whole problem here is that the time taken to chase things is not fitting in with the time needed to rank up at the same time.

Note to Jg: This is not a rant or complaint post. These are concerns that have come to my attention after running things & I am trying to bring my 'gold sink'comment into more perspective. I also only play end game, with all classes.
    My current strategy is to farm only 1k points per day & try to utilize the other time to chase gold on other maps rather then grinding graveyard mindlessly. Unfortunately elite farming is at an extreme low due to halloween event & I hope it picks up after. Whether this strategy will be successful or not I have no idea.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The influx of gold from new content is only because it was still new & ppl were excited to see whats available so many ppl were grinding it. When I said this expansion is a gold sink, this Is what I meant:
    1. The rank grind is too long & difficult for ppl to achieve. It ends up taking most of their play time.....time which they could have spent farming other elites to make gold.
    2. Values of pinks have already dropped. Only in demand pinks are some lv58 twink gears & end game brut, assault or potency gears. These drops are also hard to come by. It may take in excess of 50 graveyard runs to get a valuable item. Ppl could have made more gold elsewhere if the time taken for those 50 runs was spent farming other items.
    3. Mausoleum is still very difficult for ppl to play & drops are very hard to come by. A lot of ppl just end up running away leaving you with a big negative on pots and ankhs already used on that run.
    4. Locks. The biggest & main source of income for f2p in this game. Farming locks has become an extreme challenge for ppl since it was removed from all tombs & mines. Another thing I noticed is that the crafting costs have been doubled. I do not understand why. Cryo large was 500g & massive was 1000g to craft. Twilight large is 1000g & massive is 2000g to craft. If I take the crafting cost plus the number of elixirs it would take to farm 9locks from bosses on maps, I will either be making losses or extremely low profit due to the current price of massive twilights (45-50k).
    5. Daily quests. Running daily quests may be a free source of income but the time taken to run through them is not justifiable for the gold reward at the end of it. We are looking at +/- 2hrs per toon to run most of them for a +/- 17k reward at the end (this is just a rough estimate).
    Now I know some ppl are gonna say farm elite runners chests or heretic chests etc etc. The whole problem here is that the time taken to chase things is not fitting in with the time needed to rank up at the same time.

Note to Jg: This is not a rant or complaint post. These are concerns that have come to my attention after running things & I am trying to bring my 'gold sink'comment into more perspective. I also only play end game, with all classes.
    My current strategy is to farm only 1k points per day & try to utilize the other time to chase gold on other maps rather then grinding graveyard mindlessly. Unfortunately elite farming is at an extreme low due to halloween event & I hope it picks up after. Whether this strategy will be successful or not I have no idea.
    agree with some of ur points especially on locks. We'll i still can't understand why locks were removed from Mines considering prices are relatively low atm. for the past years, KM3 has been the landing point for farmers who want an average but steady profit.
    I also agree on point no. 1. Actually, you nailed it. achieving higher ranks is more of a punishment rather than a reward. Punishment in the sense that you have to be close to no-lifer in order to achieve it. Yes i know the expansion is not something like a race but more of a marathon, it is definitely not for average players.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to loyti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I dont get it how locks should be the best income source for f2p players. I personally dont farm locks since 1.5 years and i can still compete with endgamers. Just accept all the chances and find some other places to farm. Grab a party and run elite underhul(no ankhs and few pots needed with good pt) and u can manafe to get 5-10k every run if u run with %gold loot awakened weapons. By this way u can generate way more gold than buying a luck elix for 10k and drop lockeds worth 30-40k in 30(if ur lucky its even less).
    In elite underhul u can manage to do 7-10 runs in 10 mins so do the maths

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk