Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New maps not intended for normal players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    At op, as long as you have enough tokens to purchace the proof of balace and order badge for the up coming stage, why worry about anything else. The new jewels can be bought in cs, we also know some crafting componets all ready drop.

They designed this expansion for all level of players, they know the average players cannot grind 6 hours a day, this is why we have our personal rank, and as long as we rank with the stage, we are fine.

The developers listen to the community, and listened to complaints of past expansions (from botters, dummy farmers to where's the loot), with in two weeks the past expansions were well farmed (-the banish amulet).
    We dont know whats next, we only know whats is now in the quartermaster, that more tokens drop, and there will be treasure rooms in the higher stages. This and along with my 110% gold bonus loots, keeps me fueled to move forward. After all, this is just a game
    Am I reading correctly? You looted banished amulet finally or just were farming there xD. At any rate, I like the way this expansion is going so far. You get at least one map where there's constantly people farming it. The grind is high, but with events, at least we have energy and necro bars to farm for! I like how I can just do a bit of event (non competitive) and a bit of graveyard, search the auction for deals and just chill in towns currently! STS meant for this expansion to come slowly, and I like the pace as I have to work m-f and can't keep up with those who play 24/7 anymore. I like how this will probably take 6 months to a year to get to the last stage such that everyone can catch up as a community. They should raise token banking though or at least allow us to buy 100 tokens for like 120 tokens like with cryostar coins.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Am I reading correctly? You looted banished amulet finally or just were farming there xD. At any rate, I like the way this expansion is going so far. You get at least one map where there's constantly people farming it. The grind is high, but with events, at least we have energy and necro bars to farm for! I like how I can just do a bit of event (non competitive) and a bit of graveyard, search the auction for deals and just chill in towns currently! STS meant for this expansion to come slowly, and I like the pace as I have to work m-f and can't keep up with those who play 24/7 anymore. I like how this will probably take 6 months to a year to get to the last stage such that everyone can catch up as a community. They should raise token banking though or at least allow us to buy 100 tokens for like 120 tokens like with cryostar coins.
    Minus "-" the banish amulet.

I like the expansion too. No complaints here
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

So far the event has a sustainable pace. We're still at the beginning of stage 2, and have plenty of time to reach the requirements. You don't need to be Elite Lightbearer by Stage 3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

It's only been about a month since expansion and on top of the Lightbearer rank system we have leveling and Halloween taking up our time. But even so I think people are working up the rank system in a steady, if not speedy, progression. Most of the 60+ in my guild have reached at least acolyte, a few are advocates and disciples, and I'm at lightbearer. I don't think I've done it hardcore at all, since I didnt start grinding in Graveyard till I capped, and I don't always play long hours (2-4 hours is my average game time), some days I didn't have time to play at all. But I think the rank points system is fine as is and who knows what STS have up their sleeves at the latter stages of the expansion with regards to points and tokens; sack of tokens? plat-purchasable order badge/proof of balance? At advocate, disciple and lightbearer ranks you're getting damage and armor buffs, so I'm not even stressing out about the Order jewels. I'm especially happy about the new maps and Halloween being not mutually exclusive. I can run Graveyard and get enough energy essences and candy bars to fill my crafting slots (they drop at a decent rate there) then take a break from Somberholt to do some event when the energy's done. And I still have time to help guildies with AP and quests besides.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 10-30-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    That's the mystery to your question. Maybe large gold drops, eggs, ingredients, jewels, or maybe rarer things like set items, shards and fossils. They haven't disclosed what's there yet, just treasure rooms.
    (Sekrets!!)
    Pack up your guns, knives & swords girl......we are going to texas.
    2 slots remaining for Texas pt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Pack up your guns, knives & swords girl......we are going to texas.
    2 slots remaining for Texas pt.
    Full!! I grab Ard, lets storm the fort!
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hm, i like this expansion now, after i dont liked at beginn. But really, the grinding is heavy. Idk how other can reach lightbearer with playing 2-4 hours. I spend all my weekends since expansion started WHOLE Weekend for grinding. Not many pple run maus, so need to run grave. And true is, not often got there more then 50 points per run. Thats low when need so much points. Srry me, but iam not so fine with this expansion. It takes so much time to reach a rank, we collect things we cant not use. For what we get this powders? The vials for crafting from vendor cant be bought yet. This is for me crazy. When i collect things that should be usefull, then i want use it. Not stash for better times. I like the Idea of this Expansion. But iam not happy about the huge amount of points we need, that we sit on things we cant use and iam not happy about the fact that mausoleum is so often a dead map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hmm. The powder is there for a reason. And 1 is to craft the order jewels. Right now I already crafted 2 weak and 2 damaged order fin. The other function is to be unlocked in next stages.

In my opinion, there is no need to rush to get in the rank. Play at your own pace. You will still get there. Take me as an example. It took me 15 days to get to acolyte coz I was really busy at work. But now that all the urgency is gone and I have time to play after work I been grinding graveyard and mouseleum any time I can get. So it took me 5 days to get to advocate and 3 days to get to disciple.

The grind already gives me a steady amount of gold and some of the loots I sold in cs ranging from 15k to 450k. I can even fund food for my pet lol and still have some to stash. To me I see the hope in this new expansion. Plus the random maps and bosses we encounter is a major point to STS coz I think this is their response on some of the complaints about having to farm same thing over and over again. So Kudos to STS Team.

But..... this is my thoughts only. Not everyone will agree. So it is up to you and the rest of us which direction we wanna go in this game.

Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

OK, srry i forgot powder needed for order jeweils. For my own i want not waste my tokens for this jeweils cause iam superb and exzellent jeweils sloted. For change this to order jeweils the need of tokens is for me too high.

I read eher, we can take time. Really? Actually many guildmembers arent able to buy order and badge for maus. Ok, seems no problem. But tru e is, they cant help when you run maus, pple left and you stand there alone. Maybe iam not good enough, but Mausoleum alone is not possible for me.

I really like mausoleummaps, cause mobs not die one hit. The maps can be handled with Team. Thats what i like. But need have a team. And actually many pple enter Maus only for going straight back to grave.

And iam srry, but grave running over and over again for this small reward of points make me not happy, make me feel bored. And when i see how many points i will need i think i never will reach the goals. Not all pple write in Forums, but i know many friends and guildmembers feel the same. Yes, the goldloot is pretty good, And sometimes drop pink. Thats fine but i like more farming things in more then one map
    I can unterstand when pple think its too much and not reachable.

Imo i had liked more reaching ranks by doing quests. Not by grinding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eleasah View Post
    OK, srry i forgot powder needed for order jeweils. For my own i want not waste my tokens for this jeweils cause iam superb and exzellent jeweils sloted. For change this to order jeweils the need of tokens is for me too high.

I read eher, we can take time. Really? Actually many guildmembers arent able to buy order and badge for maus. Ok, seems no problem. But tru e is, they cant help when you run maus, pple left and you stand there alone. Maybe iam not good enough, but Mausoleum alone is not possible for me.

I really like mausoleummaps, cause mobs not die one hit. The maps can be handled with Team. Thats what i like. But need have a team. And actually many pple enter Maus only for going straight back to grave.

And iam srry, but grave running over and over again for this small reward of points make me not happy, make me feel bored. And when i see how many points i will need i think i never will reach the goals. Not all pple write in Forums, but i know many friends and guildmembers feel the same. Yes, the goldloot is pretty good, And sometimes drop pink. Thats fine but i like more farming things in more then one map
    I can unterstand when pple think its too much and not reachable.

Imo i had liked more reaching ranks by doing quests. Not by grinding.
    Carapace wrote in another post that STS will fix the miniboss daily so that it has to be done in Mausoleum. Hopefully that will motivate people to run Mausoleum.
    In the same post he mentioned a new daily coming up soon. Maybe it will be in Mausoleum ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    It's only been about a month since expansion and on top of the Lightbearer rank system we have leveling and Halloween taking up our time. But even so I think people are working up the rank system in a steady, if not speedy, progression. Most of the 60+ in my guild have reached at least acolyte, a few are advocates and disciples, and I'm at lightbearer. I don't think I've done it hardcore at all, since I didnt start grinding in Graveyard till I capped, and I don't always play long hours (2-4 hours is my average game time), some days I didn't have time to play at all. But I think the rank points system is fine as is and who knows what STS have up their sleeves at the latter stages of the expansion with regards to points and tokens; sack of tokens? plat-purchasable order badge/proof of balance? At advocate, disciple and lightbearer ranks you're getting damage and armor buffs, so I'm not even stressing out about the Order jewels. I'm especially happy about the new maps and Halloween being not mutually exclusive. I can run Graveyard and get enough energy essences and candy bars to fill my crafting slots (they drop at a decent rate there) then take a break from Somberholt to do some event when the energy's done. And I still have time to help guildies with AP and quests besides.
    Much appreciated comment as undoubtedly all your comments. I would like to remark here that 2-4 hours of playtime a day is way above average and casual. I think most people would classify it as pretty hardcore. After all this is like a part time job

Either way, for me personally the grind is too much, especially considering , most of it has to be done in the same map. The other thing is that the token progress doesn't go in parallel to the mob kills/points. I will be disciple in points but miss about 170 tokens for the badges. This is another 170 runs in a boring map. I am not sure I wanna do that.

And eventually this whole personal goals thing is not especially helpful towards guilds or team play.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 11-01-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Grinding is a major part of every mmorpg's ever made if you players don't like the grinding part better find another genre of game that you like, better find a casual game instead of AL.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pretzel View Post
    Carapace wrote in another post that STS will fix the miniboss daily so that it has to be done in Mausoleum. Hopefully that will motivate people to run Mausoleum.
    In the same post he mentioned a new daily coming up soon. Maybe it will be in Mausoleum ...
    not sure if it will personally motivate me to do mauseleum?
    I can do three runs in the graveyard in the same time one mausoleum run takes, so unless i get three balanced coins from the boss, and 200 mob kills per run in mausoleum im better off in the graveyard ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Can we get shared points,Like all our points of our different toons get addid up but not there coins (or mayby there coins) pleas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Grinding is a major part of every mmorpg's ever made if you players don't like the grinding part better find another genre of game that you like, better find a casual game instead of AL.

Firstly a mobile game is supposed to be casual.

Secondly if you had indeed played more games you would have known that the grind is not the same map for 100s or 1000s of runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Firstly a mobile game is supposed to be casual.

Secondly if you had indeed played more games you would have known that the grind is not the same map for 100s or 1000s of runs.
    Well mmropgs are kinda new to the mobile industry before it was only a pc game or in gaming consoles. So maybe Sts is trying making AL more hardcore to make it more interesting i guess? Dunno just kinda understanding of this new expansion hype.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    AL has been multi platform right from the beginning.
    Ohh yah forget the part that AL can be played in pc legally, so AL is really hardcore from start?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Love it, but i cant remember the email to my fav account with my most time spent on.

Idk if you'll understand that.

My head hurts.

Ouch.

Ow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Hard core , soft core these are all just relative terms :P. Main thing to do while playing this expansion is to enjoy it.

Dang, do I feel philosophical today ^_^ or it might be just the high from the insanely good drops I've gotten.

*Crosses fingers*

*Does rain dance*

*Gets an amulet with a lock if hair from shaman pakuna*

Pls, don't jynx me oh mighty Arlorian gods.

P.S.:*touches wood* giggity
    Lol softcore? Are you thinking of games or other things? Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Hey don't blame me, you guys started it! In all seriousness though, even the most casual of players can make it to the required tier before the next community goal is fulfilled. Hopefully as we continue through the expansion the point rewards from maps increases, which I think is what the developers plan to do!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I think the reason why people is complaining it's because their all too impatient that contradicts with this expansion, when back before they also complained that other expansion are way too easy you can't really satisfy those types of people who always complains about everything.