Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is there a valid reason why rogue's daggers have armor bonus and mage's staff not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Is there a valid reason why rogue's daggers have armor bonus and mage's staff not?

Hello,
    so I've been inactive since lv36 cap and been always playing the mage.
    Now on lv61, I have noticed that rogues lv61 daggers have a bonus of 293 Armor.
    I dont know if it was like this the past seasons.

Is there a valid reason why is it so and why the mages do not have it?
    I can understand that it's maybe because of the dagger's close range, but, a staff is a semi-close range weapon too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the staff decreases enemy armor by 20% each basic attack

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorba69 View Post
    Hello,
    so I've been inactive since lv36 cap and been always playing the mage.
    Now on lv61, I have noticed that rogues lv61 daggers have a bonus of 293 Armor.
    I dont know if it was like this the past seasons.

Is there a valid reason why is it so and why the mages do not have it?
    I can understand that it's maybe because of the dagger's close range, but, a staff is a semi-close range weapon too.

Ok, we will analyze. The legendary daggers level 54 had gained armor. The mythical level 51 had 70% damage reduction. The arcane level 56 had damage reduction and healing. Just follow the trends to make the most defensive daggers.
    Last edited by soon; 10-28-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EbenevTheMage View Post
    the staff decreases enemy armor by 20% each basic attack

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk
    On the other hand daggers increase the player's armor by 10% constantly, as long as you auto-attack (which takes a fraction of a second)

Rogues don't have a shield/juggernaut, it's reasonable (pve player opinion)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

My take on this is that the rogues have had their armor nerfed at the end of cap 46. And it's a class that has very little crowd control ability, so no stun or snare. And rogues have no shield. But that's just my opinion.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

A short answer is that in order to capitalize on the effective range of daggers Rogue's needed a way to help mitigate some of the damage. Mage staves have superior range compared to daggers and do not provide the armor. Additionally, Mage's do have an Arcane Shield skill, and while Razor Shield with mastery helps a lot it does not yield the same amount of mitigation as the Arcane Shield.

Just because they are not identical does not mean they are not tuned for their class and the playstyle associated with the weapons. It's how the many parts add up to the whole, and not as simple as "They got an apple I need an apple too". One got an apple the other got an orange, but they are both fruit.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    A short answer is that in order to capitalize on the effective range of daggers Rogue's needed a way to help mitigate some of the damage. Mage staves have superior range compared to daggers and do not provide the armor. Additionally, Mage's do have an Arcane Shield skill, and while Razor Shield with mastery helps a lot it does not yield the same amount of mitigation as the Arcane Shield.

Just because they are not identical does not mean they are not tuned for their class and the playstyle associated with the weapons. It's how the many parts add up to the whole, and not as simple as "They got an apple I need an apple too". One got an apple the other got an orange, but they are both fruit.

Thanks for the clarification. ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Wait What? ......

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiryas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Razor shield provides more dodge, and max mastery provides 10% dmg reduction. Anyway just use bow. Its better than daggers these days because rogue has little defense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ckc Chen View Post
    Razor shield provides more dodge, and max mastery provides 10% dmg reduction. Anyway just use bow. Its better than daggers these days because rogue has little defense.
    Curse and aimshot will 1 hit rogue, doesn't matter how many dodge. Meanwhile actual shields can save from death

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for ur answer and I understand what you mean.
    But, rogues have 50%+ dodge chance all of the time and the mages have like max 20%.
    That's why I don't think comparing razor shield and arcane shield is a good comparison. Razor increases your dodge chance even further and is doing damage while arcane shield gives u just the reduction and those 2 secs immunity but the immunity isn't "that" important since tanks use horn when a deadly attack is coming and nekro s AA is still a thing.
    Staff's range isn't that superior imo because u still gotta stay near the boss as dagger-rogue and the 1hit-boss-attack has a high enough range to kill you even if you keep the max staffs range.
    The lv61 dagger's and staff's proc are okay. nothing is superior over the other weapon's proc and here is the apple/orange comparison okay.
    But I still think that mages/warriors need that extra stat on a weapon like the rogue (+armor) does. it doesn't have to be +armor but still, something useful would not make the mages op anyways.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Chor

Skills can't be dodged, only auto and pet attacks (not the AA).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    @Chor

Skills can't be dodged, only auto and pet attacks (not the AA).
    Yes but your survivability is still higher when you have those + ~300 armor than without it. And as I have said, Arcane Shield's 2sec damage immunity is good, but tanks use HoR when a deadly attack is incoming so those 2 seconds aren't "that" needed while fighting a boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You wanna say what?
    Rogue need that ofc at sumberholt.
    For pvp? I think all of classes have their own era.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes but your survivability is still higher when you have those + ~300 armor than without it. And as I have said, Arcane Shield's 2sec damage immunity is good, but tanks use HoR when a deadly attack is incoming so those 2 seconds aren't "that" needed while fighting a boss.

Arcane shield is pretty strong. And rogues aren't that survivable. The only difference you're seeing now is that rogues actually produce meaningful damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Arcane shield is pretty strong. And rogues aren't that survivable. The only difference you're seeing now is that rogues actually produce meaningful damage.
    Yeah, it is. I never said it's not. But I still the rogues/mages should share same or equal good stat on a weapon since that's a stat difference between the weapons.
    But yeah, if you compare rogue's and mage's dmg at a boss fight, rogues are pretty superior to mages. The damage rogues deal is just much better.
    Mages are CC anyways and they shouldn't deal as much dmg as rogues but the survivability should be the same or equal good. When razor and arcane shield are on cooldown, rogues have imo higher chance to survive than a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah, it is. I never said it's not. But I still the rogues/mages should share same or equal good stat on a weapon since that's a stat difference between the weapons.
    But yeah, if you compare rogue's and mage's dmg at a boss fight, rogues are pretty superior to mages. The damage rogues deal is just much better.
    Mages are CC anyways and they shouldn't deal as much dmg as rogues but the survivability should be the same or equal good. When razor and arcane shield are on cooldown, rogues have imo higher chance to survive than a mage.

then go play rogue?

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtho View Post
    then go play rogue?

then change this game's name to Arcane Rogues. yay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

then change this game's name to Arcane Rogues. yay...

thanks for idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

First of all, the meaning of a rogue is to deal high amounts of damage to a single target. Rogues should win against a mage 1v1 every time - even with a shield. Mages are meant to be a supporting class, not a 2.0 rogue. That means mages should deal dot, supply mana, and be essential in a team fight.

Now, one reason for the sudden increase of power for rogues is probably as a compensation, so to speak. Rogues were completely useless last season, and were swapped out in every team fight. On top of that, watch some of Zeus's videos. A rogue couldn't even 1v1 a sorcerer.

Back to the topic though, the extra armor rogues have been given is b/c of range. All sorcerer weapons are ranged, while the rogues number one weapon choice is an up-close weapon. The extra range means you can stay behind the tanks, while still being able to use all of your attacks; compared to rogues, who must be on top of the target to use auto.