Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Getting 1 shot killed through glowstiks shield at 95% damage reduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    I came out of lurking for this.

This video shows the shielded player getting hit with charged aimed, a fraction of a second later, hit with sp, which does dmg like aimed shot, and razor engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rogue, but do the same with nek. Then ya got something to try to prove your point.

Did you not read what the developers said?
    Yea, they said this didn't exist. :'D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This video shows the shielded player getting hit with charged aimed, a fraction of a second later, hit with sp, which does dmg like aimed shot, and razor engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rogue, but do the same with nek. Then ya got something to try to prove your point.

I don't exactly get Ur point but if i got it correctly u mean that the dmg is normal and just too big to survive.

Well if that's the case I cant agree with you. you Can See on the ss I'll send later that he receives 5000dmg which would be at a 95% dmg reduce at around 100k Pure dmg which is Just INSANE and literally impossible.

PS: Just realized that my Auto correction was german so excuse me if there r any mistakes
    Last edited by Antispace; 11-03-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

In your previous post you highlighted the confusing part of Carapace's explanation of Glowstik's shield. He mentioned right from the start that the shield has a gradually decreasing damage reduction ability. Specifically, 95% in the first 1.2 seconds, then 75% in the next 1.2 seconds, then 55% and then 35% and lastly 15% for a total of 6 seconds of shield. Then he goes on to say that for that period of time the shield provides an AVERAGE damage reduction of 55%. He does not mean that at any point in time durig the shield the damage reduction could be 55%, he was just telling you the average damage reduction over the period of time of the shield when adding together the damage reduction over each 1.2 secomd interval. He was probably making the case that Glowstik's shield provides more average damage reduction than Nekro's over the same period of time (because Nekro has only 40% damage reduction).

Maybe a dev can just clarify who is right and who is wrong about this. But having read through everything carefully, I think Masked interpreted Cara's explanation wrongly. Having also seen the video, I also refuse to believe a rogue can do so much damage at lvl61 to another maxed rogue on Glowstik shield that 95% damage reduction cannot save them from one combo (unless the rogue was naked to begin with).
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I think what Perceval is experiencing is the shield delay mages experienced prior to the fix that wasn't mentioned in news or any forum posts

To people who do nott knows about this: mages with yellow ping had a slight, very brief delay before their shield activated this delay was reduced to almost negligible sometime ago(~3 months>_<) I'm guessing even people with green ping might have felt it

People should try to be civil to each other especially when the discussion is a tad bit dotted with miscommunications. Or it's all down to tandem experienced in a Parliament in session.
    What you are talking about is also dependent heavily on device speed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

So much anger, why cant we all just get along
    Last edited by creeepycreeepy; 11-04-2016 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Error in typing lul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    What you are talking about is also dependent heavily on device speed.
    Yes, ping is dependent on device speed. My point is ping is what might be causing OP to experience a delay in his shield :P
    The video link is working for everyone right? -_-'

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The rogue instant killed him within 1 seconds after the shield was up,, even at 75% damage reduction, i dont think a 5k crit is justifiable, it means that without the shiel the rogue actually critted 20k damage. We do not need to count in razor or other factor because 5 k damage is from a single hit clearly shown in the video. If dev say that is normal, this pet is pretty useless imo.

Plus that 5 k is probably dealt during the 95% buff so like what some mentioned, rpgues can do 100k damage now??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Gathering as much information as possible helps resolve problems when found. Simple polls of yes or no don't always cut it. I've submitted numerous bug reports and generally they ask for more details so they can replicate it. I've been on the other side where i ask for more details from clients to submit a bug report as well.

The purpose of my suggestion was leaning towards a Pvp test. Let's say the dot of a mage's time shift does 100 dmg per tick. So in the first second you should see the tick do maybe 5 dmg and then increase in dmg the next second. That would be 95% dmg and increasing thereafter right? That's one way of testing the dmg reduction.

If it's a latency issue, there might not be too many solutions other than extending the seconds with which the 95% shield is active or maybe nothing can be done. We still have scenarios where we see arrows fly through objects and rollbacks of warriors axe throwing opponents.

Trying to see if the arrow hits you first and you die or the dmg reduction is not there (even if you visually see a shield on your screen)
    Maybe the problem lies in the rogue's aimed shot itself. I would suggest a better solution of testing, get a prime warrior to do the shield and have 4-5 rogues do aimed on him in intervals of 1 seconds seperately. Using timed shift eliminates the possibility of aimed shot being able to bypass the shield.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have viewed the video in slow motion by screen recording the video against a stopwatch app, and found out that the rogue actually hit him with the 5k crit aimed at 1.3 seconds. He was at 75% damage reduction buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    I have viewed the video in slow motion by screen recording the video against a stopwatch app, and found out that the rogue actually hit him with the 5k crit aimed at 1.3 seconds. He was at 75% damage reduction buff.
    So seems that most of time players think they getting killed with 95% of damage reduction but they currently have 75/55% during combo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    The video link is working for everyone right? -_-'
    Yes it is mate.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    So seems that most of time players think they getting killed with 95% of damage reduction but they currently have 75/55% during combo.
    Yes it is clearly after 1.2 seconds however if thats the case, i believe nekro shield is a lot better then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Increasing the duration of the 95% from 1.2 to 2 seconds would probably help. Since the game is meant to be played anywhere, it should accommodate for those not living in the US because living outside the US usually means you will have regular noticable ping spikes (even with the fastest connections and best devices money can buy).

These spikes can be the difference between life and death in game.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 11-04-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    Increasing the duration of the 95% from 1.2 to 2 seconds would probably help. Since the game is meant to be played anywhere, it should accommodate for those not living in the US because living outside the US usually means you will have regular noticable ping spikes (even with the fastest connections and best devices money can buy).

These spikes can be the difference between life and death in game.

Read here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PvP-duel-Zeus) what f.e. Zeus thinks about what you said! When you think there is sportsmanship or fairness involved -> FORGET IT !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Read here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PvP-duel-Zeus) what f.e. Zeus thinks about what you said! When you think there is sportsmanship or fairness involved -> FORGET IT !
    I would be humbled that he took the time to farm me o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe you weren't at full hp before you died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Migos View Post
    https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Migos View Post
    I've watched the video in slow motion, the 5k damage wasnt the one that killed him , it was the shadow piercer. But thats besides the point, the shield is too weak and needs a buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Maybe the problem lies in the rogue's aimed shot itself. I would suggest a better solution of testing, get a prime warrior to do the shield and have 4-5 rogues do aimed on him in intervals of 1 seconds seperately. Using timed shift eliminates the possibility of aimed shot being able to bypass the shield.
    The problem doesn't lie in rogue aimed shot as mages also hit very hard these days. The problem lies in the crazy boost of damage without the proper armor balance.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Too much armour would make the already way too canonish rogues less glass
    Then we have to understand that rogues are glass cannons these days. XD
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List