Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Getting 1 shot killed through glowstiks shield at 95% damage reduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sxvm View Post
    Lol, calm down mate. Don't need to be a big baby. Just saying that obviously the arcane pendant user could be good at pvp and well geared and you may not be as good.
    Just wow. Read the posts CAREFULLY before commenting...PLEASE! (T_T)
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-31-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

This game has lots of predictive actions and runs rollbacks occasionally due to incorrect predictions/latency. Did you try my suggestion on page 1? I know you said you didn't ask for suggestions but constructive feedback and suggestions are pretty much the nature of these forums.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    This game has lots of predictive actions and runs rollbacks occasionally due to incorrect predictions/latency. Did you try my suggestion on page 1? I know you said you didn't ask for suggestions but constructive feedback and suggestions are pretty much the nature of these forums.
    Once again, It was only to see if anyone else had experienced this issue. Heck, it almost looks like I'm a liar. Why would i waste my time here if it didn't exist? Awesome forum you guys got here btw.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-31-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I've just dueled 10 different rogues. 1 with an arcane pendant and 9 without. The arcane pendant rogue was the only one that 1hit killed me with an aimedshot through the 95-75% dr phase of the shield. If this helps.

Maybe its latency but this is the 5th arcane pendant holding rogue in a row to do this.

Also, I was wondering if the 95% dr phase could stay for 2 seconds instead of 1 since its literally non-existant/impossible to have. It just disappears as soon as you activate the AA.
    It really seems as if you used Glowstik's AA a tad bit too late so far. There's bound to be a fraction of a second of difference between your screen and the other rogue's.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I've just dueled 10 different rogues. 1 with an arcane pendant and 9 without. The arcane pendant rogue was the only one that 1hit killed me with an aimedshot through the 95-75% dr phase of the shield. If this helps.

Maybe its latency but this is the 5th arcane pendant holding rogue in a row to do this.

Also, I was wondering if the 95% dr phase could stay for 2 seconds instead of 1 since its literally non-existant/impossible to have. It just disappears as soon as you activate the AA.
    each stage of the shield lasts for 1.2 seconds at present, we don't see an issue with this amount of time because over the course of 2.4 seconds you have an average of ~70% damage reduction which should be adequate.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    It really seems as if you used Glowstik's AA a tad bit too late so far. There's bound to be a fraction of a second of difference between your screen and the other rogue's.
    That's what I was thinking until I realised it only happened during duels with 5 different arcane pendant holding rogues in a row.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

U realize that even if the aim shot supposed to hit 100,000 without u having shield on, it still wouldnt kill u with 95% dmg reduction lol

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Once again, It was only to see if anyone else had experienced this issue. Heck, it almost looks like I'm a liar. Why would i waste my time here if it didn't exist? Awesome forum you guys got here btw.
    Gathering as much information as possible helps resolve problems when found. Simple polls of yes or no don't always cut it. I've submitted numerous bug reports and generally they ask for more details so they can replicate it. I've been on the other side where i ask for more details from clients to submit a bug report as well.

The purpose of my suggestion was leaning towards a Pvp test. Let's say the dot of a mage's time shift does 100 dmg per tick. So in the first second you should see the tick do maybe 5 dmg and then increase in dmg the next second. That would be 95% dmg and increasing thereafter right? That's one way of testing the dmg reduction.

If it's a latency issue, there might not be too many solutions other than extending the seconds with which the 95% shield is active or maybe nothing can be done. We still have scenarios where we see arrows fly through objects and rollbacks of warriors axe throwing opponents.

Trying to see if the arrow hits you first and you die or the dmg reduction is not there (even if you visually see a shield on your screen)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    U realize that even if the aim shot supposed to hit 100,000 without u having shield on, it still wouldnt kill u with 95% dmg reduction lol

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk
    Tell that to these guys lmao :'D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Gathering as much information as possible helps resolve problems when found. Simple polls of yes or no don't always cut it. I've submitted numerous bug reports and generally they ask for more details so they can replicate it. I've been on the other side where i ask for more details from clients to submit a bug report as well.

The purpose of my suggestion was leaning towards a Pvp test. Let's say the dot of a mage's time shift does 100 dmg per tick. So in the first second you should see the tick do maybe 5 dmg and then increase in dmg the next second. That would be 95% dmg and increasing thereafter right? That's one way of testing the dmg reduction.

If it's a latency issue, there might not be too many solutions other than extending the seconds with which the 95% shield is active or maybe nothing can be done. We still have scenarios where we see arrows fly through objects and rollbacks of warriors axe throwing opponents.

Trying to see if the arrow hits you first and you die or the dmg reduction is not there (even if you visually see a shield on your screen)
    The shield appears then boom. 1 shot killed by an aimedshot. 95% or 75% dr, it shouldn't happen.

I'll see what else I can find out anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Tell that to these guys lmao :'D
    I am not on ur side ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    I am not on ur side ;D
    Figures :'D

#forumenemynumber1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It works, the DR just fades too fast for it to be any useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i also think the damage reduction duration should increase too at least for 95% and 75%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

the aim shot from graveyard mob is instan kill. works the same way as mark for death from cryostar debuff. altough if you manage to stun the guy that does aim shot debuff, it will get cancel out. frost bolt from mages puts and end to him or a nice skysmash landed on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

May the rogue did a 1million critical hit, and u was killed by the 50.000(5%)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My friend share this video we do it arround 10 times always same 1 hit. https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Heieneba View Post
    My friend share this video we do it arround 10 times always same 1 hit. https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg
    Looks like a good proof to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heieneba View Post
    Thanks mate. Everyone that doubted or ridiculed this now kinda looks like...well, they can use their imagination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks mate. Everyone that doubted or ridiculed this now kinda looks like...well, they can use their imagination.
    I came out of lurking for this.

This video shows the shielded player getting hit with charged aimed, a fraction of a second later, hit with sp, which does dmg like aimed shot, and razor engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rogue, but do the same with nek. Then ya got something to try to prove your point.

Did you not read what the developers said?
    Last edited by Masked; 11-03-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Laugh it up fuzzball!