Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do we need to craft mythic weps into vanities on bday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    @Vvildfire he doesn't talk about enjoying the event, he talks about a lie.
    Bonjovi has said something very right for you.

I expect to/may enjoy the event also - it depends on one thing that is not yet clear. And it's about the medium cakes. We'll see, but I still have a good feeing that the event Can be a good one, for f2p players/pve farmers.
    If you've read what Bonjovi said, you'll also (probably) have read my reply (if you haven't, I invite you to read it, if you care enough to do so). I'll repeat, I have distrusted sts at times, and I've decided not to anymore. If they think this is for the best, so be it. (ugh, do you think I enjoy having you think of me this way?)
    Devs have yet to clarify what happened, give them the benefit of the doubt till they explain or apologize.

Medium cakes. I don't exactly see what's there to clarify. They removed Arena's gold loot because it brought too much gold into the game, and this is the same reason they're not putting 5k gold in the Medium cakes. It's a wonder why they kept the gold drops so high in the Halloween event.
    Even if you don't earn a coin during the 4th birthday, it's fine isn't it? It's a celebration, just enjoy it rather than trying to make a profit out of it. I get mad when I see friends moan about not being able to make gold out of Birthdays. The balloon vanities and the cake bear will probably be available to most casual players anyway... And they're a part of this event as much as the mythic vanities :v

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey guys, we never promised nor said that the voting Vanities would be free for everyone to have. We have even followed the same trend as the 3rd Birthday when old vanities were made available again.

"You will probably be able to obtain the birthday vanity without being required to have the weapon in the first place"
    This is true, and fits into what we planned. You are not required to have the original vanity. The vanities are tradeable, and they're available for platinum purchase. You do not have to craft it.

"Birthday is not us trying to cater to players who happen to still have a specific item".
    This is also true. We didn't want to artificially inject a lot of value to items which used to have little to no value. If we had forced crafting with the item that is what would have happened. Instead we've allowed players to purchase them directly with plat, no crafting or hoarding of items needed. In spirit of this being the Birthday though, we decided to also create the recipe so that players who do have these items can turn them into the vanities, for a different kind of price. This gives two different ways for the vanities to enter the economy, which will help keep the secondary market price lower, making them more available to players who are purchasing them. Those who are looking for the vanities can also go hunting Grand cakes for the recipe, because these recipes won't be easily available to everyone. Plenty of ways to make gold

Our birthday is a combined celebration between STS and our players. We have added a lot of fun vanities to the event in celebration which you can earn by playing, and the cakes are a good way for your to get some gold or some items you can sell. We want everyone to have fun, to celebrate what AL has been, and will be in the future!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

@VVildfire Don't get mad at people for playing a game for the reasons they choose to play it - They are playing Their game, not you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey guys, we never promised nor said that the voting Vanities would be free for everyone to have. We have even followed the same trend as the 3rd Birthday when old vanities were made available again.

"You will probably be able to obtain the birthday vanity without being required to have the weapon in the first place"
    This is true, and fits into what we planned. You are not required to have the original vanity. The vanities are tradeable, and they're available for platinum purchase. You do not have to craft it.

"Birthday is not us trying to cater to players who happen to still have a specific item".
    This is also true. We didn't want to artificially inject a lot of value to items which used to have little to no value. If we had forced crafting with the item that is what would have happened. Instead we've allowed players to purchase them directly with plat, no crafting or hoarding of items needed. In spirit of this being the Birthday though, we decided to also create the recipe so that players who do have these items can turn them into the vanities, for a different kind of price. This gives two different ways for the vanities to enter the economy, which will help keep the secondary market price lower, making them more available to players who are purchasing them. Those who are looking for the vanities can also go hunting Grand cakes for the recipe, because these recipes won't be easily available to everyone. Plenty of ways to make gold

Our birthday is a combined celebration between STS and our players. We have added a lot of fun vanities to the event in celebration which you can earn by playing, and the cakes are a good way for your to get some gold or some items you can sell. We want everyone to have fun, to celebrate what AL has been, and will be in the future!
    Will we be able to get the golden shield that did not from last years b-day event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

There you (we) go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

By making an arcane shard the requirement for crafting the originals using the recipe, you kinda decreased the value of the originals. Doesn't really seem right tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You can buy vanity mythic weapons in vendor for 300 plat.
    Also you can craft it for a Recipe + original weapon + arcane shard.

Thread Close.

:v

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    By making an arcane shard the requirement for crafting the originals using the recipe, you kinda decreased the value of the originals. Doesn't really seem right tbh.
    By creating the recipe for turning the weapons into a Vanity, we've added functionality to them. Previously these weapons only had value for the level they were relevant, or as a collectors item to hold in your inventory or wear in town. Those previous uses have not changed, but now they have the additional use of being able to turn into a vanity which further increases their "wear in town" use but removes their "stats for relevant levels" use.

This will only decrease the value of the original if the price of the original became heavily inflated due to speculation that everyone would want them and crafting them into the vanities would be free and easy. This inflated value based on speculation is exactly the true value we did not want to put into these weapons. Now, players who happened to have the originals may be able to use them to craft the vanities without spending plat, but don't get a huge artificial value boost to the weapon.

You get a break for having an original of the weapon, you don't get rich
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

By creating the recipe for turning the weapons into a Vanity, we've added functionality to them. Previously these weapons only had value for the level they were relevant, or as a collectors item to hold in your inventory or wear in town. Those previous uses have not changed, but now they have the additional use of being able to turn into a vanity which further increases their "wear in town" use but removes their "stats for relevant levels" use.

This will only decrease the value of the original if the price of the original became heavily inflated due to speculation that everyone would want them and crafting them into the vanities would be free and easy. This inflated value based on speculation is exactly the true value we did not want to put into these weapons. Now, players who happened to have the originals may be able to use them to craft the vanities without spending plat, but don't get a huge artificial value boost to the weapon.

Not sure if my comment got deleted but :
    I dont see point of making pool next time because people were excited for cool vanity that we can buy for 1k tokens and we see this

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Remember, it was never said that the vanities would be available for 1k tokens, nor what would be required to obtain them. We announced we would be releasing vanities for the birthday event, and let the players choose which vanities would be available. Players made all kinds of assumptions based on that.

The reason for the poll was to allow players to choose which vanities would be in the game. This was a great success, we had tons of answers! As a special birthday surprise, we found enough time to implement all the winners from the initial request
    | | | |

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Actually, the price of the originals didn't really increase. They decreased from around their stationary values because when you compare 300 platinum to the total 2m+ cost of converting the original, it just makes sense to buy the 300 platinum version (even if it means buying it for gold from the auction house or players personally) because its cheaper.

These weapons have remained in the 1m range for quite a few seasons.

The real issue here is the arcane shard requirement for the conversion. The weapons are mythic, why not a mythic dragonite bar?

Going by the arcane legends 300 platinum = 300,000 gold exchange rate:
    Why does it cost around 7x more to convert an original when compared to buying the vanity with platinum (or even for gold)?
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-10-2016 at 07:27 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Actually, the price of the originals didn't increase in any way...
    Hu?
    On the contrary. One/two weeks ago there were 3-4 the runic guns in auctions with price 400-500, look at their price now - 1.2M.
    (I know cause I was checking and I bought 1 then for less then 500K; and it had para stone, believe me or not.)
    Similar things happened with the rest of the mythic weps, convertible to vanities - just look auc now.
    Glaive 2.5m - was bellow 1m I think, pavise 1.2m - was bellow 500k I think, elon gun 800k - was 400-500k, ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    Hu?
    On the contrary. One/two weeks ago there were 3-4 the runic guns in auctions with price 400-500, look at their price now - 1.2M.
    (I know cause I was checking and I bought 1 then for less then 500K; and it had para stone, believe me or not.)
    Similar things happened with the rest of the mythic weps, convertible to vanities - just look auc now.
    Glaive 2.5m - was bellow 1m I think, pavise 1.2m - was bellow 500k I think, elon gun 800k - was 400-500k, ...
    The general price is around the 1m range (which is what the majority are in and have been).

The main issue here is the arcane shard requirement boosting the cost to that which is more costly than buying the platinum version for gold. And now the event is live we found out that you also need an arcane shard for turning [each piece] of your level 36 upgraded mythic set into a vanity.

I don't think a <500k or so increase can really be called the "heavy inflation" Vroom stated.

Btw, the glaive hasn't sold and won't sell mate. Its just listed by someone that thought they could make a quick profit in the confusion and failed. Most people know the true value range of these weapons and clearly (as an example here) stuck to those values.

Anyways, I presume its too late for change now so it'll be what it is.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-10-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

At least for me, looking as a buyer, doubling the price is a big increase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yes, you don't get rich by having the original of the weapon. You get poorer than you would be if you had instead just bought the weapon vanity from someone for gold. The arcane shard requirement doesn't break it even with the platinum purchase, whereas a dragonite bar would.