Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 8 second interval between glowstik shields

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

What about the part of "heal when taking damage" of the shield? Useful? It really heals you or is another STS marketing gimmick?
    Last edited by Luciano Lobo; 11-03-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    The important difference between the 2 pets is when the damage comes. On average, Glowstik's shield will prevent more damage before breaking than Nekro's shield. Of course this depends on when the damage hits.

Example Case:
    OP Rogue A fires a guaranteed Crit Aimed Shot with a dev weapon, attempting to deal 30,000 damage. You respond by firing off the shield from your pet.

Glowstik's Shield:
    (Perfect reaction time) You have 95% damage reduction, your shield takes 1500 damage. Your shield isn't even broken. Super Yay, nerf me!
    (1 second too early reaction time) You have 75% damage reduction, your shield takes 7500 damage. Your shield is broken, but you likely survived. Yay!
    (Average reaction time) You have 55% damage reduction, your shield takes 13500 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're likely dead (Warriors might survive) Well the Rogue was OP at the start, so less yay.
    (Bad reaction time) You're dead, way too much damage coming in. NERF ROGUES.

Nekro's Shield
    (Every case) You have 40% damage reduction, your shield takes 18,000 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're dead. NERF ROGUES.

Now you can apply this to realistic damage values if you choose, but both of these cases are very reliant on whether or not your shield breaks. Like Carapace mentioned, if your opponent is already doing enough damage to break your shield, you can mitigate more damage with Glowstik. If your opponent is too weak he can't break your shield, then Nekro will mitigate more damage. If your opponent breaks your shield 1/2 the time, the pets are roughly equal.
    I had a quick question. If you time the glow stick AA perfectly in your scenario, the shield would be absorbing 28,500 damage and you would take 1,500 damage right? So wouldn't the shield be more likely to break at higher DR percentages because it is absorbing more damage. I say this assuming that it is possible for one to die before the shield actually breaks. I know that the shield is gone and useless once you are dead, but I am not sure if it will always have absorbed enough damage to break it before a player dies. I was under the assumption that this was how shields worked, and whether they broke or not was dependent on the amount of damage they took and not what you took. Is this not the case?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    on shield topic, Glowstik and Nekros shield AA fall into the same category? Will they stack? Or you can cast glowstik's aa after nekro's aa expired?
    The higher damage reduction takes over, dmg reduction doesnt stack. However the immunity to dot from glowstik and immunity to stun from nekro would stack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I had a quick question. If you time the glow stick AA perfectly in your scenario, the shield would be absorbing 28,500 damage and you would take 1,500 damage right? So wouldn't the shield be more likely to break at higher DR percentages because it is absorbing more damage. I say this assuming that it is possible for one to die before the shield actually breaks. I know that the shield is gone and useless once you are dead, but I am not sure if it will always have absorbed enough damage to break it before a player dies. I was under the assumption that this was how shields worked, and whether they broke or not was dependent on the amount of damage they took and not what you took. Is this not the case?
    yeah I was confused by this too. There is damage reduction, and then the SHIELD takes damage? Doesn't the shield provide a decremental damage reduction with time, and whatever damage left after the damage reduction is taken by the player? I was under the impression that Nekro's shield works differently because it ABSORBS damage, while Glowstik's shield REDUCES damage (there is a BIG difference). Vroom, could you clarify your post please?
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

1) It's 9 seconds.
    2) Okay cool.
    3) Then your faulty test wasn't because of that.
    4) If you are aware of that why do you make it sound like it is not possible for me to personally test without owning the pet?
    5) Nobody directly asked, but it's a forum in which I am entitled to share my opinion.
    6) My third sentence was "Please think a little". Did you mean third paragraph.
    7) Read again. Keep in mind DR stands for damage reduction. If you still feel the need to ask this question, the answer is one simply cannot.

I think you may need to learn how to read carefully with comprehension.
    Keep in mind this person will say just about anything to buff glow stick. He even claimed that the 95% shield was not functioning as intended. I personally tested and it in fact was. Maybe he forgot to equip his gear or was lagging.
    ^ Awesome opinion that is so very related to the topic of this thread in any way imaginable.

You crack me up mate :'D

- it's 8 seconds.
    - I presume since my testing is faulty, these words are coming from the mouth of a real life king that is right no matter what in his country. Sorry mate, I'm not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty.
    - personal testing is done with the item itself, so when you said you didn't own the pet but tested it with a friend, it kinda contradicted what you say now.
    - saying what you want on a thread is called derailing (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread).

I see you took a lesson in percentages as i suggested. Well done.

Now can you keep your posts related to this topic and not continue to trigger yourself? Someone has already stated that they have to sift through your garbage to get some information. Please stop.

I get that there are some kids out there that don't like to lose but since you were one of the instigators of this fiasco, I think it would be fair if you just didn't carry on.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-03-2016 at 05:23 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Both shields work identically in terms of reducing and absorbing damage
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    ^ Awesome opinion that is so very related to the topic of this thread in any way imaginable.

- it's 8 seconds.
    - I presume since my testing is faulty, these words are coming from the mouth of a real life king that is right no matter what in his country. Sorry mate, I'm not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty.
    - personal testing is done with the item itself, so when you said you didn't own the pet but tested it with a friend, it kinda contradicted what you say now.
    - saying what you want on a thread is called derailing (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread).

Now can you keep your posts related to this topic and not continue to trigger yourself? Someone has already stated that they have to sift through your garbage to get some information. Please stop.

I get that there are some kids out there that don't like to lose but since you were one of the instigators of this fiasco, I think it would be fair if you just didn't carry on.
    My earlier statement about percentages was fine. The reason you had difficulty understanding was because of your mediocre reading and comprehension skills.
    Personal testing doesn't necessarily have to be with the item itself.
    "I am not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty." Lol?
    None of your replies are productive either, so I would think you are getting triggered just as much . Maybe you should take your own advice and stop replying first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

My earlier statement about percentages was fine. The reason you had difficulty understanding was because of your mediocre reading and comprehension skills.
    Personal testing doesn't necessarily have to be with the item itself.
    "I am not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty." Lol?
    None of your replies are productive either, so I would think you are getting triggered just as much . Maybe you should take your own advice and stop replying first.
    What's your problem dude? Why do you still feel the need to continue this when you clearly started it?

Keep in mind this person will say just about anything to buff glow stick. He even claimed that the 95% shield was not functioning as intended. I personally tested and it in fact was. Maybe he forgot to equip his gear or was lagging.
    Please tell me what the need was for this? ^
    It had "I want to start drama on this thread because the OP will surely retaliate" written all over it.

The OP even asked for you to stop clogging up this thread with your garbage just because you feel this is some competition. Get real dude.

Its the usual behavior to retaliate. Why did you feel the need to start?

The OP can really be savage lol. I feel sorry for you because he/she hasn't even loaded the gun. You should stop.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 11-03-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

- it's 8 seconds.

My gosh, chill.

You started the thread, and having a thread means you are going to get an opinion. Whether you agree with it or not is up to you, but it gives you no right to openly 'attack' someone else because your views differ. Even though @Kingofninjas could have handled it a little better, he was still voicing his opinion, and then was forced to defend himself from your childish attacks.

And for the record, your attitude is what has given you your "#forumenemynumber1".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Just eating my popcorn here don't wanna join the soap opera anymore lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    What's your problem dude? Why do you still feel the need to continue this when you clearly started it?

Please tell me what the need was for this? ^
    It had "I want to start drama on this thread because the OP will surely retaliate" written all over it.

The OP even asked for you to stop clogging up this thread with your garbage just because you feel this is some competition. Get real dude.

Its the usual behavior to retaliate. Why did you feel the need to start?

The OP can really be savage lol. I feel sorry for you because he/she hasn't even loaded the gun. You should stop.
    Why are you getting involved? So far most of what the OP has come back with hasn't made much sense.

If you have such a huge issue with it please make a cry thread asking the communities opinion like you always do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Why are you getting involved? So far most of what the OP has come back with hasn't made much sense.

If you have such a huge issue with it please make a cry thread asking the communities opinion like you always do.
    The reason you're involved in this thread doesn't make sense.

https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

And twas a good game my Lord!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

The reason you're involved in this thread doesn't make sense.

https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

And twas a good game my Lord!
    If you had come with proof like that then that is discussion wouldn't have been necessary. I still stand by the fact that I am not getting one comboed through glow stick shield.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We double ran the numbers on this so here are some of the facts to help the discussion, which needs to slow down on the snarky remarks please.

Nekro Shield
    - Lasts 10 seconds if not broken by damage
    - 40% Damage reduction for duration
    - 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

Glowstik Shield
    - Lasts 6 seconds if not broken by damage
    - 95/75/55/35/15% Damage Reduction, each section lasts 1.2 seconds with an average damage reduction of 55% for duration
    - 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

The main point of interest here is that if the entire Nekro Shield is up for the full 10 seconds, its shield is more effective than Glowstik's. If Nekro's shield is broken early by damage then Glowstik's shield is better, as the total potential mitigation of damage is much larger (by around 150% at level 61)

We don't have any plans to change Glowstik at this time.
    Reposting since it seems some dont read page 2 in this thread o.o

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

If you had come with proof like that then that is discussion wouldn't have been necessary. I still stand by the fact that I am not getting one comboed through glow stick shield.
    It just goes to show that you should be careful who you slander mate.

Can't be forgetting yer first post already sire! ^
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-03-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Both shields work identically in terms of reducing and absorbing damage
    May I ask why the shield was created in a way that allows it to be broken? The first second of the shield is the only time that it can't be broken and you are clearly aware that the majority will be unable to achieve this dr in real time.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-03-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep in mind noone can hear what ur saying becuz NO CHINESE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pnez View Post
    Keep in mind noone can hear what ur saying becuz NO CHINESE
    Keepin mind, this thread is from a year ago. And u necroing 1 year old threads is pointless and clutters the general discussion for anybody else. Use your brain a ittle bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Generally, just avoid using two nekros at the same time, or two glowsticks at the same time in a map. Talk with your party. If you see duplication, just change to other pets , such as nilbog or ss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Keepin mind, this thread is from a year ago. And u necroing 1 year old threads is pointless and clutters the general discussion for anybody else. Use your brain a ittle bit
    It was not pointless!Cmon admit it you enjoyed reading the drama