Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly opinion about shield counters(nekro aa,mages shield etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

low hp low armor low cri ....... have only mana is good for mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstarsfury View Post
    Dont forget that the person who has a shield nuking pet doesnt have a nekro shield so he is vulnerable, I'm just suggesting a different counter to nekro's shield other than countering it with another nekro shield. So look in a team fight where a team is a perfect deathball consisting of 1 tanky healer warrior, 1 stuner,mana regenerator, semi tank mage and 2 rouges that drops nuclearbombs, this team is not penetratable unless you can take out the warrior or atleast the mage but that is a very hard feat to do. Thats why you need to atleast soften the mages and warriors hide by atleast removing their nekro shield and killing them before they rejuvinate thier team.

And in a team even though you are a rouge with no nekro your ally has nekro so you all get buffed with shield so dont say that will die easily.
    Yes, but a mage has their shield and a tank has their Jugg and heal shield. Rouge doesn't have anything, they will die too easy to a mage because they will be stunned the whole time. Tanks will also stun them and they can also hit as hard. Rouges are already useless in clashes, with this they will be completely useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Not every person use nekro for pvp but every rogue use it. If you have problem vs nekro then wait for time window. If you have problem vs rogue then make one, AL PVP just made a lap in terms of meta and rogue users became kings of PVP once again.

Reflect damage pet would do great to counter current "meta stuff"
    Waiting for time window is a joke, I dont have a problem with vs rouge but I have a problem with nekro,a pet that has no counter, in fact everyone should have a problem with it cuz the first time Nekro was released it was just average arc pet but when STS buffed it with steroids it became a counter for SnS but STS left Nekro hanging with no counters at all. There Has been a lot of Nerf threads for nekro in the past but STS ignored it so why dont they make a counter instead if they dont want to nerf it? Probably the people who complained how Nekro is OP got tired because they are talking to a wall that doesnt respond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Waiting for time window is a joke, I dont have a problem with vs rouge but I have a problem with nekro,a pet that has no counter, in fact everyone should have a problem with it cuz the first time Nekro was released it was just average arc pet but when STS buffed it with steroids it became a counter for SnS but STS left Nekro hanging with no counters at all. There Has been a lot of Nerf threads for nekro in the past but STS ignored it so why dont they make a counter instead if they dont want to nerf it? Probably the people who complained how Nekro is OP got tired because they are talking to a wall that doesnt respond.
    Nekro deserves his power because its special pet to obtain only through craft ( excluding past egg event ). Nekro already feels weak in pvp 58+. They tried replacing it with glowstick but it isn't really better pet for pvp as we see. With better damage gear and higher level cap nekro will be useless slowly because everyone will one shot each other. It might be replaced by better pet (?) I not sure if STG dare to do that in short time because of glowstick. Just my 2 cents.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Back when nekro was 40m, I would agree with you. Now it isn't even 3m. People can easily buy one and be on the same playing grounds (pet wise).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sxvm View Post
    The counter to nekro shield is using a nekro shield.
    Lol agreed!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Just a normal day in AL pvp me and my team(random team) got matched up to a 4 man deathball team with a tank 2 rogues and a mage and of course they are all using NEKRO. My team also consist of the same classes and pets, after countless clashes, gangbangs and never ending SHIELDS I feel like there is too much defensive mechanics happening in pvp compared to the counters it has. I was happy when sts made a counter for evironment effects like Stampy's AA which is good for Korruption's AA it sounds fair isnt it? So I was thinking what about a pet that has an AA that can remove shields! great brilliant isnt it because with a pet that nukes shield you can finally find a window of oppurtunity to penetrate the warriors thick hide,mages unending shield spam and you will be able to neutralize the aggression of those rouges with skyhigh damages (assuming they all have nekro). So I brought up the topic to my guild hoping to get a good reaction but instead they said it doesnt make sense and they are so defensive about it even though its just an opinion and probably not going to happen anyway. So I brought the Korruption and Stampty aa's and told them so "that doesnt make sense then?, the same logic as a pet that has an AA that nukes a Shield(ex nekro's shield)" so they dont give a care to Korruption's aa having a counter and then when just an opinion about a counter to Nekros aa they lose all thier minds.

Come on guys Nekro has been a meta for too long in this game, what about a new meta with a pet that has an AA that removes or has a chance to remove a shield lets say it removes a existing shield to the nearest enemy with a cooldown the same with nekros AA cooldown. So what do you guys think about this?
    1. Shield is itself a counter - to 1 shots, DOT, stuns, etc. Rogues and Mages need it.

2. In a Team of 4-5, only 2 Nekro AA shields are used/needed with good timing. ALL using nekro means they losing out on other Pet AAs.

3. The shields seem endless because probably the players' skill-timing is good.

4. Opponent's damage high because of nekro? Umm gear, jewels, specing of stats etc go on to calculate damage, the pet is a buff and as for buffs, Nightshade gives 17% dmg buff and Nekro gives 15%. Nekro Happiness is good but usually Munchmouth or Glowstik is used for Happiness.

5. Shieldless pvp is possible but it was possible in an era of pvp where damage was really low and when we did not have buffs/nerfs that the classes have gone through over the years. It was long ago, in the first seasons. Going back to that means undoing what has been done. PVP seems sort of balanced now and that should be left untouched, what we need is a new pvp map, battlegrounds, etc.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 11-20-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

If a pet that removes shields comes into play, teams would just counter that counter with more nekros...
    Generally a good team is using 2 Nekros, if one of the shields was 'removed' by this pet, a 3rd nekro would easily reapply the shield to continue the cycle and vice versa.
    Also RIP mages
    - (un) Retired -