Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mausoleum map -after update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    I am not from a PVE guild thus normally i run random on map 1 ... and 2 ... tried like 5-6 x i didnt even find a mini boss gave up this hopeless daily .. i wish the killing normal boss for 16x is back it is so much more easier to complete !
    I agree with you, hope it will be back to 16 boss kill than to kill 5 mini boss that no guarantee it will spawn.

Sent from my O+ Ultra Lite using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

You need to spend 3hrs non-stop with good party everyday just to finish the 5 mini boss quest.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    I am not from a PVE guild thus normally i run random on map 1 ... and 2 ... tried like 5-6 x i didnt even find a mini boss gave up this hopeless daily .. i wish the killing normal boss for 16x is back it is so much more easier to complete !
    The reason a new quest was added for Graveyard was because this quest was incorrectly giving credit in the Graveyard, it was intended to be a Mausoleum only quest.

Having said that, the amount required for the Mausoleum Miniboss quest will be reduced to 2 this week's update.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The reason a new quest was added for Graveyard was because this quest was incorrectly giving credit in the Graveyard, it was intended to be a Mausoleum only quest.

Having said that, the amount required for the Mausoleum Miniboss quest will be reduced to 2 this week's update.
    Great news and I hope this will help speed up the progress bar.

But can I ask why the decision is to decrease number of bosses required for the daily rather than increasing miniboss spawn rate?
    Last edited by ilhanna; 11-07-2016 at 12:15 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

maybe a quest to help us level in graveyard..a daily would also help us
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Great news and I hope this will help speed up the progress bar.

But can I ask why the decision is to decrease number of bosses required for the daily rather than increasing miniboss spawn rate?
    Sure!

Since there are currently 5 levels to the Mausoleum, each one further down increases the likelihood of seeing special rooms. Minibosses, Altars, Special Bosses (Starting Mausoleum 4 / Stage 3), Treasure rooms, and other goodies which all result in more tokens, gold, kills/rank points, and better loot odds. Their availability is spread over these 5 depths, so reshuffling the number of minibosses on Mausoleum 1 just reduces the value of the lower levels in the Mausoleum.

Better loot chances and more chances for boss loot must remain a reason to pursue the deeper depths.
    Last edited by Carapace; 11-07-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Thanks Carapace for the update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Thanks for that !

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

In my opinion the main issue of why people don't run mausoleum maps has more to do with no incentive with loot. If they are running mausoleum just for a quest of course most people won't do it especially if it causes more deaths and mobs are harder. When there is no improved loot in a second stage content no one will want to run it.....plain and simple. STG should of divided the new legendary gear between the graveyard and mausoleum maps. For example: for rogue gear.....only helm and bow drop from grave and armor and daggers only drop from mausoleum. They should of also made the drop rate lower to maintain value of the gear. These are the things stg use to do well to maintain interest in these maps but have totally gotten away from it.

Why would anyone run mausoleum for an almost impossible non-existent drop rate of the Symia pet? Its not worth the extra ankh use from deaths and the large amount of time to kill boss.

Please listen to us. We like hard content and want to run them. The fact that mausoleum is mildly difficult isn't the reason why we don't want to run it. Its the lack of different loot compared to graveyard which equals lack of incentive. Don't nerf maps to make us want to run mausoleum....instead add valuable loot with reasonable drop rate. Anyone remember the hard elites back in the days that was so fun to run and no one complained how hard they were because the loot was worth it? What ever happen to that gaming model? Challenges of hard maps and elites were so fun and the mildly rare chance you can loot a legendary gear felt so good and gave you a big rush. Now its grind grind grind of non-challenging maps for legendary loot that drops like epic gear with prices crashing quickly.

And don't think for one second the extra token in mausoleum is worth it. You can run graveyard 2 to 3 times before you run one mausoleum map and so you get same amount of token in same amount of time in graveyard but with less deaths.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 11-10-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have been having a bit of a problem with the mausoleum mission, after I completed the daily mission with the 5 miniboss killing the first time, it has not respawned since, more than a week has gone by....Can anybody help me? Tnx in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Sts has made a great improvement in the new expansion by making maps random. I really appreciate their effort in trying to not bore us. However after some time we still eventually get bored because of running so much that even the randomness becomes more repetitive. Perhaps a little more incentives to run will help.

My proposal: Awakening stats

Who doesnt like the feeling of seeing new stats when reawakening?
    We also have some weapons where we have nice awakening but low stats so...
    Why not make defeating the boss giving us an option to reroll for the stats of one weapon?

Let me explain:
    1. After killing a boss, if we want to, we can enter a single party room to prevent the situation where team members can pass that weapon to the other 3 to reroll the same weapon 3 times.

2. This is different from reawakening, you still have the same awakening on the weapon but the stats will be randomised ( For the better or for the worst)
    Example
    Before: Arcane sword + 3% luck +5 str + 3% all stats + 80% gold loot
    After : Acrcane sword + 5% luck +12 str +1% all stats + 10 % gold loot

3. The harder the map, the higher the chance to get better rolls
    e.g.
    Normal graveyard- high chance of getting around 20% stats
    Normal mausoleum- high chance of getting around 30% stats
    Normal Stage 3 (Whatever it is called)-high chance of getting around 40%
    Normal Stage 4 - high chance of getting around 50%

Elite graveyard Higher chance of getting 20% stats AND ABOVE
    Elite Mausoleum Higher chance of getting 30% stats AND ABOVE
    Elite 3 stage etc etc..

This is just a rough illustration of the possible RNG

How will this alleviate the situation where players are bored from the runs?

1. It encourage players to run more in order to attain their desired "Perfect stats"
    - Trust me, it is addictive to keep trying to perfect a stat, even at 80% perfect stats, many will still want to reroll to attain 100% even though they risk going down to 30% or lower

2. It is actually a way in which players can profit without adding anymore gold into the inflated economy

- Good stats in awakened item means good offers on them, players who actually worked hard for the stats can eventually turn those hardworks into profits

3. It does not rule out awakening gems
    - Awakening gems are needed to set the base desired awakened stats and this system only helps to refine the stats

4. There is endless demand for perfect stats
    - A player can keep trying to make top grade items out of this, maybe be the "Master crafter" of good weapons and make a "career" out of it which might be profitable
    -

The main idea is to keep us running for a purpose thus we wont have to feel that the runs are mundane and repetitive
    Last edited by Potato is me; 11-12-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    In my opinion the main issue of why people don't run mausoleum maps has more to do with no incentive with loot. If they are running mausoleum just for a quest of course most people won't do it especially if it causes more deaths and mobs are harder. When there is no improved loot in a second stage content no one will want to run it.....plain and simple. STG should of divided the new legendary gear between the graveyard and mausoleum maps. For example: for rogue gear.....only helm and bow drop from grave and armor and daggers only drop from mausoleum. They should of also made the drop rate lower to maintain value of the gear. These are the things stg use to do well to maintain interest in these maps but have totally gotten away from it.

Why would anyone run mausoleum for an almost impossible non-existent drop rate of the Symia pet? Its not worth the extra ankh use from deaths and the large amount of time to kill boss.

Please listen to us. We like hard content and want to run them. The fact that mausoleum is mildly difficult isn't the reason why we don't want to run it. Its the lack of different loot compared to graveyard which equals lack of incentive. Don't nerf maps to make us want to run mausoleum....instead add valuable loot with reasonable drop rate. Anyone remember the hard elites back in the days that was so fun to run and no one complained how hard they were because the loot was worth it? What ever happen to that gaming model? Challenges of hard maps and elites were so fun and the mildly rare chance you can loot a legendary gear felt so good and gave you a big rush. Now its grind grind grind of non-challenging maps for legendary loot that drops like epic gear with prices crashing quickly.

And don't think for one second the extra token in mausoleum is worth it. You can run graveyard 2 to 3 times before you run one mausoleum map and so you get same amount of token in same amount of time in graveyard but with less deaths.
    I noticed this post didn't seem to get any traction, but this is the opinion of many who don't come to the forum and simply choose not to play.

I hope this post gets some consideration for future expansions. Everyone knows you can't avoid grinding in RPG's (nature of the beast). In this instance playing is becoming a chore, last time I checked chores are not much fun. In addition to the long grind the lack of loot, the HIGH usage of ankhs and pots, severe undercutting for exclusive items ( arcane eggs, etc,etc) takes the drive out of things a bit.

The AL community welcomes challenges (remember "Fast" 15 minute arena runs) but sometimes it seems like most have forgotten this was supposed to be a pickup and play game. I appreciate the efforts made to make the game entertaining, now it's time to bring back some fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I at least identified 3 types of altar buffs. 1 is the commonly "water drop-like" buff and 2 which looks like some sort of rouge crit passive like buff. Im not sure about how to describe that 2nd buff. Hmm more like a sword pointed above with a few lines pointing sideways?

Btw. The 1st and 2nd buff, i couldn't find which stats that affecting us. But the 3rd one which I get today is the 3rd buff that looks like heart. This one gives health.

I like this random buff. But please let us still hv it even when we portal in the same level. I do accept the fact that I will lose the buff when I die. But please not on portaling. Why? Coz it is too long to run back to start point of that junction.

I do notice that if the one activating the altar didn't portal, the rest of the pt maintains buff. But still time is precious to wait for the activater to come back.

Please reconsider about this STS? Pretty please..... with the cherry on top? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Bump this.

The 3rd buff (heart like) gives u 500 health. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    luck buff there too! Dunno if it increases rerolls or just increases the chance of better drops(like the elondrian plat elixir)!

#hopingADevCanClarify
    Avikk, how does it looks like? I never get the chance with this buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    maybe because you aren't *wait for it* lucky?
    l

LOL!

/11charsnavikkcutelytrollingme