Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How would you feel about a new character?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Gary you nerfed one of class that was already dying fast. Its now like you took shield from mage in AL
    Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    Lol Chacho's poster boy much? Anyways, Violet is barely getting needed in this update. You and I both know Violets skills are a one combo killer if all successfully lands an enemy. So this little nerf provides an opening for enemies to have a chance to regain themselves. And as for violets inability to survive against assassins, I think the most effective way to survive is kiting (or "tower hugging"). As for Zaar, all they are changing is frostburn. And once again, Zaar is a one combo killer. This also provides leeway for enemies to have a chance against him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Ya its like taking away shield from Mage, Aimed Shot from Rogue & Jugg from Tank(LoL)

Many other champions too have got deadly combos including Cinder, Zaar, Shard n others. They too need to be nerfed not the one which is already weak n getting destroyed day by day. Assassins too have got deadly combos *nerf needed*. If the damage dealing champions r meant to be nerfed its better to take away the classes n consider all champions as tanks by nerfing them all.

► Magmatus is already a tank & when he is surrounded by 2 assassins he could have survived with the Molten charge by pushing them(when it was 5) if magamtus gets nerfed then an assassin(just 1) can easily hunt him down.

► Ash isnt a tank & i dont think he needs so much of buff(+90HP).

► Khalid is supporting champion & if his healing is nerfed whats the purpose of having him in a team when his heal wont help while his teammates r snared & loosing HP ?

► Regarding Violet........ So much of nerf ??? Its better to kill her instead of making a useless mage who is already Weak.

Cooties :-
    Magical Damage : Low
    Range : 9Mts
    Magic Damage Overtime : Medium

Nothing is good in the ability except the Range of attack. If couple of assassins cover up violet to kill her she can atleast save herself using the range attack of cooties dealing some good damage. If its nerfed then she ll be used to dummy farm. -3 on base damage & -5 on damage overtime Nerf kills this ability.

Itsy Bitsy Spidy :-
    Magical Damage : Medium
    Magic Damage Overtime : Medium
    Stun Duration : 1.5 Secs.

Same as cooties NO CHANGES in this ability too no high damage, no high damage overtime, stun duration is 1.5 secs -4 on explosion damage & -6 on damage decreased overtime doesnt even help if it stuns the enemies as. If a shard in stunned for 1.5 seconds with an HP of 65-70 it would help violet by killing with an basic attack after cursing the enemy.

My Tummy Hurts(Vile Vomit):-
    Magical Damage : High
    Range : 6 Mts, 65 Degrees

Only ability with High magical damage & soon becoming low just like the rest. Base damage caused by the vomit + a itsy bitsy spidy rapidly decreased the health or might kill the opponent or an enemy if the base damage of vomit is decreased -7 & Debuff by 2% then violets users will have to use all other 5 abilities in order to survive or fight just when its cooldown time its nothing but Death to violet.
    Last edited by Justg; 11-09-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Vio, Mag, Zaar all needed nerfs. Vio was never weak(post rework) idk where you guys are getting that from.

General Balance
    The fixes to teleport skills will definitely help Zaar & Feng feel alot more smoother to play.

Ash: Glad he got an HP buff he really needed it. He may not be a tank, but he isn't a traditional support. He has to be amidst a teamfight to spread cc so this buff helps him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Vio, Mag, Zaar all needed nerfs. Vio was never weak(post rework) idk where you guys are getting that from.

General Balance
    The fixes to teleport skills will definitely help Zaar & Feng feel alot more smoother to play.

Ash: Glad he got an HP buff he really needed it. He may not be a tank, but he isn't a traditional support. He has to be amidst a teamfight to spread cc so this buff helps him.
    Cinder, scorn, seraphina deal more amount of damage than vio n zaar does with perfect combos. they too have to be nerfed if vio & zaar r getting nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Me personally am just waiting to see the outcome. I support sts decisions right now, so let's all just wait and see what happens when the update takes place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    Cinder, scorn, seraphina deal more amount of damage than vio n zaar does with perfect combos. they too have to be nerfed if vio & zaar r getting nerfed.
    Dude I olay this game too, do you think I don't know what i'm talking about?

Scorch, Seraphina, and Cinder don't have the amount of CC that Vio and Zaar have. Vio and Zaar also definitely can kill with perfect combos vs squishies. So I don't know what you're trying to tell me. Vio has massive ranfe and all her skills hit multiple targets + she has a summon. Zaar has hard CC, tons of AoE damage, and invincibility. The fact you're calling them weak just means you're bad at playing them. Because they're honestly broken and need to be taken down a notch.

Also Seraphina, Scorch, and Cinder are all assassins so saying they deserve nerfs because the AoE Mages who deal tons of damage are getting toned down SLIGHTLY is ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Dude I olay this game too, do you think I don't know what i'm talking about?

Scorch, Seraphina, and Cinder don't have the amount of CC that Vio and Zaar have. Vio and Zaar also definitely can kill with perfect combos vs squishies. So I don't know what you're trying to tell me. Vio has massive ranfe and all her skills hit multiple targets + she has a summon. Zaar has hard CC, tons of AoE damage, and invincibility. The fact you're calling them weak just means you're bad at playing them. Because they're honestly broken and need to be taken down a notch.

Also Seraphina, Scorch, and Cinder are all assassins so saying they deserve nerfs because the AoE Mages who deal tons of damage are getting toned down SLIGHTLY is ridiculous.

I dc u play or not. Ik zaar invibiity needs a nerf but not to the overall abilities which make the char lively nerfing a single damage is ok but not to both base damage n bonus damage both plus mages r meant to have range attacks when it comes to vio all her range attacks damage r medium or low except my tummy hurts which has high magical damage, summon of violet works good only when used with right combos with vomit & its bits spidy, when ganged by a tank n a assassin its hard to hit the right combos while ganged, nerfing any one of the damages is good but not both. No need to comment about my gameplay.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We'll release the new client, do the updates/ buffs/ nerfs, and evaluate how it all works together. I am sure there will be more tweaks to come.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We'll release the new client, do the updates/ buffs/ nerfs, and evaluate how it all works together. I am sure there will be more tweaks to come.
    Tweaks to come ???
    * shifty eyes *

Wonder what r the tweaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Lol a lot of drama over a nerf. I know she needed the nerf and maybe it's not the most perfectly tuned update in the world, but I'm just glad the game is getting an update.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

To chime in a little bit here:

Violet:
    Violet's damage is a little tricky, because so much of it is focused in DoTs. When Violet hits you with Cooties at a range of 9m, you take 27 damage. Not that bad, you have good health (around 500 for mages/assassins). Violet then runs away, even better I can heal up. The problem is that you continue taking damage for the next 5 seconds, an additional 75 damage, while Violet has already started regenerating any damage you did because she was out of combat and you weren't. Now Violet can come back in and poke you more, or worse she could use Itsy Bitsy Spidy which is going to deal even more damage. What's even better is that these dots are unavoidable. Unless you go invulnerable as Cobal or Zaar you can do nothing to prevent this damage.

She can easily trade with you from range and will come out on top of the trade every time. Violet does need a weakness, and that is being jumped on by assassins. It is very important that I say jumped on though, because if you try to just walk at her you'll take too much damage to do anything in the fight.

Ash:
    You're correct that Ash is not a tank, but was suffering compared to other supports because his kit requires him to be very close to the fight in order to shield, apply crowd control, or fear. His old HP wasn't properly allowing him to play where his abilities required him to be, so we tweaked it up some. It's not as high as tanks, and he doesn't have as good protections as tanks, this is just to allow him to perform better.

Khalid:
    Khalid was healing too much, plain and simple. Pairing Khalid with a tanky character, with the additional damage reduction in his Sandstorm and damage reflection created a nearly unstoppable wall coming for you and your tower.

Jack:
    No one mentioned anything about this, but this is just Jack receiving the support rework the others received. It reduces his 1 on 1 sustainability in exchanged for boosted effectiveness in supporting allies. Supports are not meant to easily solo.

Magmatus:
    We know Magmatus is too strong. We do want him to be a more damage focused tank, but felt the amount he could push characters (on an unstoppable dash) was creating situations that too heavily favored him. This is a first attempt to bring him down without removing his damaging feel. There are other ideas but will only be done if necessary.

Shard:
    Shard's Mirage was meant to be a defensive tool, as well as an offensive tool for those who can pull it off. The problem was no one used it offensively (for good reason) and instead it left Shard feeling a little underwhelming. Part of the reason it was hard to use the clone offensively is that it would be destroyed before you could even teleport to it. The invulnerability timing will now line up with your ability to teleport to the clone, hopefully allowing more use of the clone for offensive for the more advanced Shard players.

Zaar:
    Zaar is currently extremely strong, in multiple ways. One of the problems was that when Zaar got near you, you couldn't move. Having multiple freezes, especially an AoE instant cast meant enemies couldn't attempt to counter you, they just waited frozen hoping you didn't kill them. Without trying to adjust damage, this is our first shot at his balance.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

Violet:
    Violet's damage is a little tricky, because so much of it is focused in DoTs. When Violet hits you with Cooties at a range of 9m, you take 27 damage. Not that bad, you have good health (around 500 for mages/assassins). Violet then runs away, even better I can heal up. The problem is that you continue taking damage for the next 5 seconds, an additional 75 damage, while Violet has already started regenerating any damage you did because she was out of combat and you weren't. Now Violet can come back in and poke you more, or worse she could use Itsy Bitsy Spidy which is going to deal even more damage. What's even better is that these dots are unavoidable. Unless you go invulnerable as Cobal or Zaar you can do nothing to prevent this damage.

She can easily trade with you from range and will come out on top of the trade every time. Violet does need a weakness, and that is being jumped on by assassins. It is very important that I say jumped on though, because if you try to just walk at her you'll take too much damage to do anything in the fight.

Ash:
    You're correct that Ash is not a tank, but was suffering compared to other supports because his kit requires him to be very close to the fight in order to shield, apply crowd control, or fear. His old HP wasn't properly allowing him to play where his abilities required him to be, so we tweaked it up some. It's not as high as tanks, and he doesn't have as good protections as tanks, this is just to allow him to perform better.

Khalid:
    Khalid was healing too much, plain and simple. Pairing Khalid with a tanky character, with the additional damage reduction in his Sandstorm and damage reflection created a nearly unstoppable wall coming for you and your tower.

Jack:
    No one mentioned anything about this, but this is just Jack receiving the support rework the others received. It reduces his 1 on 1 sustainability in exchanged for boosted effectiveness in supporting allies. Supports are not meant to easily solo.

Magmatus:
    We know Magmatus is too strong. We do want him to be a more damage focused tank, but felt the amount he could push characters (on an unstoppable dash) was creating situations that too heavily favored him. This is a first attempt to bring him down without removing his damaging feel. There are other ideas but will only be done if necessary.

Shard:
    Shard's Mirage was meant to be a defensive tool, as well as an offensive tool for those who can pull it off. The problem was no one used it offensively (for good reason) and instead it left Shard feeling a little underwhelming. Part of the reason it was hard to use the clone offensively is that it would be destroyed before you could even teleport to it. The invulnerability timing will now line up with your ability to teleport to the clone, hopefully allowing more use of the clone for offensive for the more advanced Shard players.

Zaar:
    Zaar is currently extremely strong, in multiple ways. One of the problems was that when Zaar got near you, you couldn't move. Having multiple freezes, especially an AoE instant cast meant enemies couldn't attempt to counter you, they just waited frozen hoping you didn't kill them. Without trying to adjust damage, this is our first shot at his balance.
    Not sure if you have seen my post about jack but im able to kill others in 1v1 easy as jack just harder part is when they run
    Im joking. Jack is great support thanks for heal adjustment
    Last edited by resurrected; 11-08-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

Violet:

Ash:

Khalid:

Jack:

Magmatus:

Shard:

Zaar:

Thank you so much. These explanations are too good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddyshe View Post
    We both know cinder, sera, grimnir, mackenna, scorch, FENG and magmatus ade one combo killers. Then why not nerf them all?
    Feng is not a 1 combo killer unlike scorch bro. Do you know how many nerfs did she take? She used to be real assassin with root instead of silly slow+she used to have more bonusdamage on skills. Everybody can just run and bye-bye feng. Can u run away from scorch? Nope