Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: No warning before event cooldown ended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    Seriously....thing is it's not just about the tokens...ok they have gone...but more about the message you're putting across. This isn't the first time and won't be the last...tbh I'm still fuming over glintstone quest you think we would have learnt by now wouldn't you?
    They're human too. They make mistakes. It's unlikely the game will go on flawlessly, without some issues in future... But that's fine, that's normal. Isn't it?

---

(to the whole thread)

If they say it's difficult to retrieve the lost tokens, then it probably is, they know what they're doing with the game better than we do.
    I was really leaning towards an extra day to spend tokens, but it ended like this, this time.
    I'm really, really sorry I'm not showing more support towards those who lost their tokens, especially to my guildies :c
    If it helps, I've also lost a thousand or two tokens during, I believe, last year's Winter event. It was my fault, because I was inactive, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth. But, even just a few weeks later, I'd forgotten all about it and only remembered now . Don't worry guys. It'll pass ^^

I'm sure something as relatively minor as this won't ruin your whole experience. I hope I was able to let my opinion through your anger and bitterness.
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 11-08-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    They're human too. They make mistakes. It's unlikely the game will go on flawlessly, without some issues in future... But that's fine, that's normal. Isn't it?
    ---
    If they say it's difficult to retrieve the lost tokens, then it probably is, they know what they're doing with the game better than we do.
    I was really leaning towards an extra day to spend tokens, but it ended like this, this time.
    I'm really, really sorry I'm not showing more support towards those who lost their tokens, especially to my guildies :c
    If it helps, I've also lost a thousand or two tokens during, I believe, last year's Winter event. It was my fault, because I was inactive, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth. But, even just a few weeks later, I'd forgotten all about it and only remembered now . Don't worry guys. It'll pass ^^

I'm sure something as relatively minor as this won't ruin your whole experience. I hope I was able to let my opinion through your anger and bitterness.
    99% of your posts sound like you are sucking up to sts. That is the honest truth.
    If ppl were genuinely late then they can be blamed but here ppl relied on a certain announcement they saw. Do you realize how much something like this hurts ppl......both emotionally & financially. Many of players must have bought energy kits with real money & now lost those tokens.....many players must have bought energy kits with in-game gold & now they lost those tokens.
    This is not a small issue. I personally used to keep alarms for free energy regeneration & use a mix of crafted & purchsed energy all in all. We did hard work here & it got washed away in one single swipe.
    As abuze said earlier, which I also agree is that reinstating token usage is not game breaking. It will not ruin anything anywhere.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    99% of your posts sound like you are sucking up to sts. That is the honest truth.
    If ppl were genuinely late then they can be blamed but here ppl relied on a certain announcement they saw. Do you realize how much something like this hurts ppl......both emotionally & financially. Many of players must have bought energy kits with real money & now lost those tokens.....many players must have bought energy kits with in-game gold & now they lost those tokens.
    This is not a small issue. I personally used to keep alarms for free energy regeneration & use a mix of crafted & purchsed energy all in all. We did hard work here & it got washed away in one single swipe.
    As abuze said earlier, which I also agree is that reinstating token usage is not game breaking. It will not ruin anything anywhere.
    Hey, I see where you're coming from. I'm not completely oblivious to what I say xD
    I've thought a lot (okay, maybe not a lot, but I did think) about what I say here on forums and in game. I've even admitted to a friend of mine that I'm so elated with the game, and its developers, that I'm truly sounding like a fanboy/girl when I talk about it xD. Now this probably doesn't sound that good for me, and I totally see that, I act really cheesy at times (and I'm going to be cheesy in this post, too, bear with me).

I'm a relatively new player, been here a year or two, and I've been through the changes that happened in that time period. I don't know if I just realized it in the last couple months, or if it became like this just recently, but it seemed like the devs have been trying their best to make the game free-to-play now more than ever. They're interacting with the players, so much. They're replying to a lot of threads, listening and occasionally even asking for feedback, they even livestream, they're doing their best to make the gaming experience as amazing as possible. And this is the reason(s) why I'm so happy with them.
    I would occasionally doubt and be insecure about what they were going to do or what they had done, but I've just decided to trust what they're doing, because I'm absolutely sure they know what they're doing and what's best. They have all kinds of statistics that we would never even imagine. They know what's going on. We like to think that we do, based on our experience alone, but that's not all. I've never seen (or noticed) a botter, doesn't mean they don't exist. I've never seen people macroing Arena, so I'd think the gold loot from it is fine. I've never seen dummy farmers since I don't PvP, so I'd think PvP leaderboards were fine. Because support said they can recover items lost up to a month ago, doesn't mean they can do the same with tokens, which aren't items you can just delete, they're not in the inventory; they're in the satchel: that could mean all the difference, just as it could mean nothing... You don't know. I don't know. They know.
    Many players have said it: there's nothing bad that could come from people spending their tokens. If sts said they can't do it (or that it's too difficult to do), then it means they can't... Otherwise I'm sure they would. I'm sure of it! You should trust that they want the best for the community. They gain nothing from making the players unhappy without reason. It would be pretty silly if they did it on purpose.

About the financial loss and efforts wasted.
    You're right. People who have over 3k tokens have spent a lot of effort on them (not necessarily energies, though, you'd get 3k from free energies on 5-6 toons. And I've seen people talk about the tokens they got from several different toons, so you can't say these people are non-existent ).
    But in the end, unless someone ran for LB or just played really hardcore this specific event, it's far from impossible to make the tokens you lost today on pretty much any other main event. I am in no way ridiculing all the time you've spent in this. I told you that I lost my tokens during last Winter: did I die of frustration? Did I quit because of that? Did I lose all my gold? Did I destroy all future profits I could ever make from anything that came after Winter 2015?
    You also didn't lose the 200-250k (each 3k tokens you farmed, more or less) you got from the gold drops in the event map alone. Or the Plat tier title. Or the Massive Hallows you looted from Paracelsus. Or the other 2 Massive Hallows you were supposed to receive, when the recipes required 3 Massive Cryos/Twilights.
    And lastly, from each 3k tokens you'd have probably earned 400-500k. You could say that the recipes, that the vanities will increase in price in the future, but that's completely unrelated. You might think that yes! It IS related! ...But nobody's stopping you from buying those recipes, those vanities, now, and selling them later at higher prices
    I understand that it seems like the end of the world now. I've repeated more than once that I was sorry for those who didn't get to spend their tokens this time, and that I could relate. Maybe not to those who had 10k tokens, if there were any, but to those who lost 3k? Yeah, I can. And I can assure you that with time, you won't mind it that much (unless you're a veeeery bitter and vengeful person :s).

I hate to see all this negativity towards AL. Please just look to the future, and don't let things like this obscure what you love about the game!
    *end of cheesiness for the time being, hopefully*

The following part is for bonjovi3223:
    Now I'd like to open a brief window on the "sucking up to sts part". Like I said, I see where you're coming from, but I find the statement itself to be a bit absurd xD. The reason is this. Nothing I'll ever do, or say, can ever favor me in any way possible o.o... Do you think they'll give someone a reward because of a compliment? If anything I ever, ever say will influence their decisions in any way, it'll be together with dozens of other people's opinions, and it'll affect the whole community, not just me. I'd like you to know that all I say about the game is genuine. I really love what they're doing with it right now, and am grateful for it.
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 11-08-2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: I was in a hurry when I first posted this. I'm going to try to explain myself better now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Least it wasn't as game breaking as the 2014 Halloween event, where Android players had to download patches every time they changed maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    ---

Er...who is angry and bitter...? Certainly not me...you did see the wink ? It's more of a resigned 'huh here we go again' post.....by the way did I mention glintstone quest? Damm....I swore to my therapist I would never ever spk about that again...aaargh just did...ugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    Er...who is angry and bitter...? Certainly not me...you did see the wink ? It's more of a resigned 'huh here we go again' post.....by the way did I mention glintstone quest? Damm....I swore to my therapist I would never ever spk about that again...aaargh just did...ugh
    Hey, only the first sentence was referred to you, I'm sorry if it sounded otherwise
    Will try to put something more obvious than a measly "---" :x
    IGN: Vvildfire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, we are sorry about the miscommunication. We said two things: 3 day cooldown (on Thursday), and ends on Monday (which is a 4 day cooldown).

Unfortunately the town is closed and the tokens are gone, so we are not able to restore any that went unused this year. Point well taken about the in-game notifications as well, we'll try to add that to cooldowns in the future.

- g
    First off, thanks for admitting guilt, that's rather big of you! A lot of people wouldn't do nearly as much and would just say not our problem you didn't spend your tokens sooner. So, thanks G for at least offering an apology and admitting to the miscommunication.
    Secondly, maybe you could offer a peace offering? Ankhs, VIP elixirs, energy bundles? Just a thought...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clickbangboom For This Useful Post: