Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: No warning before event cooldown ended

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    You wouldn't talk like this if you had an IRL situation that wouldn't give you the time to log and spend tokens. Instead of standing against each other we as a community should stand together. Name one negative thing that can result from player just getting to spend their tokens.

I'm 100% sure that the token data has not been wiped. It just requires a little work to put them back in the live servers. Can't STS put a little effort to do this?? They don't even have to check EVERY single players event token data no. Just let the peeps that failed to spend tokens because of STS's miscommunication email support. Let the event items be displayed in store and, don't have to open the event map again.
    Unfortunately this is not "just a effort". We're sorry about the miscommunication, but you did have the actual timeframe as well (3 days). We'll look into better notifications and try to be better communicators in the future.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Real life situation or not, 3 whole days that's 72 hrs. You couldn't have sneak into the bathroom for 15 mins to spend the tokens? I'm not against the community or for the community, I'm just voicing what I believe is YOUR fault for not spending your tokens in a timely fashion. That's the thing that's wrong with society nowadays always looking for others to blame while the blame clearly falls on their lap...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melthyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If u see second ss says "3 day cool-down ends Monday"... plus in third ss he said they will be collecting them on Monday around 1:30pm... not Sunday....
    Last edited by Ariceuidi; 11-07-2016 at 02:30 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariceuidi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually think this has happened before or something similar when I missed spending my tokens, so now I spend most/all of my tokens during the early part of cooldown. Just in case. Oh yeah, it was where I missed turning in lots of kits because I thought there would be a cooldown and there wasn't.

I did notice that it was 3 days and yet said Monday, so I got scared, which also got me to make sure my tokens were used within the 3-day period.

I think a notice would be mucho useful though. Thanks STS for event!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ariceuidi View Post
    If u see second ss says "3 day cool-down ends Monday"...
    Yup, that a fatal mistake. Ppl majority don't counting day and just focus to Monday as the end of cooldown. And sts just set closing gate automatically without in game live messages. I think best for us to move on, they already apologize anyway. Customers become only victims by providers mistake is become common in society since long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, I'm sorry, it's really not ok to announce Monday at 1:30 pm in big bold letters both in game and in the forums, and then pull the plug early. How are we supposed to know that you didn't make the mistake in saying 3 day cool down not 4? Maybe Monday was the correct date and you fudged in your math. It was in big bonded letters after all. I was traveling and moving homes this weekend, no real time to sit and play games, that why I didn't spend my tokens, but had thought I'd do it Sunday night when I got home. It's just kind of crappy, that's all. You guys are the ones who made an error, not us, bottom line. It's published everywhere that it was Monday. In big bold letters. I paid attention to the big bold letters.

"The Necropolis is shutting down for another year. It will be in cool-down for three days, which means you can turn in quests and spend your tokens, but the event PvE zones are no longer available. Be sure and spend any tokens you have left, because we'll be collecting them on Monday around 1:30 PM CT."
    Last edited by Justg; 11-07-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: less drama

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladyspeedstick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    Aww... 3 days advanced notice and you couldn't have spent the tokens. I actually think it's not sts that's at fault here. Maybe next time spend it during the first 2 days of the cooldown period.
    And would you say the same thing if sts suddenly decided to compensate players with 100 Ankhs in kits or would you sing a different song.
    Not everyone sits in expedition camp whole day o.o

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L01 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    Real life situation or not, 3 whole days that's 72 hrs. You couldn't have sneak into the bathroom for 15 mins to spend the tokens? I'm not against the community or for the community, I'm just voicing what I believe is YOUR fault for not spending your tokens in a timely fashion. That's the thing that's wrong with society nowadays always looking for others to blame while the blame clearly falls on their lap...
    You've been in the situation where you need to sneak in bathroom to play AL? Lol.
    I already gave reason why system cool down warning is needed^^
    Imagine yourself in this situation: you log on al and see that Northal is awake. You decide to farm Northal. You reach half map and then system message says that northal went to sleep. It's such a waste. Only this happening with an event is much more worse
    When you decide to farm Northal now you don't have to worry about him suddenly going to sleep because there is system message countdown, you depend on that countdown to warn you. Just like this I depended on the system message countdown. Not my fault that there was no countdown this time. Not my fault that Monday was randomly mentjoned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

STS is being transparent, not trying to blame the players who waited til the last minute to spend tokens and are saying they will work on better communication in the future. That's pretty good. STS can't give compensation for every mistake they make. Sometimes it just has to be an apology and let's move on.

And I am still waiting for Gary's motto in this thread: "You'll be alright."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Actually, I have done dozens of merch transactions in the bathroom at work. 3 days advance warning is way enough time for me. Even when Northal randomly went to sleep live goes on like it did before and like it will moving forward. I actually forgot to spend my tokens but oh wellz no biggie...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    And would you say the same thing if sts suddenly decided to compensate players with 100 Ankhs in kits or would you sing a different song.
    Not everyone sits in expedition camp whole day o.o

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L01 using Tapatalk
    Lol, if you see me at camp all day it's cuz i'm at work. I love to just afk and come back to people telling me how much they love me. Nothing brightens my day like the love of my fellow Arlorians...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'll just repeat what i said on my thread again. What harm will it bring to just let event tokens items be purchase able again? Sts saw how many people failed to spend their tokens and nothing negative will come from giving them a chance to spend it.
    If you have ever deleted an item once and contacted support they tell you that you can only recover items that are max 1 month old. So Justg is really going to say that the data regarding Halloween tokens has already been removed?
    They gave a false deadline.. let us spend tokens
    They gave false banning.. let them have special banners + jewels (gob event).
    We arent even asking for anything free
    We just want an extra day of the event vendor so we can spend tokens

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ya wow what a sham i worked Friday and Sat and got up sun
    to use my tokens and it was gone. In game and on website said it ends Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Unfortunately this is not "just a effort". We're sorry about the miscommunication, but you did have the actual timeframe as well (3 days). We'll look into better notifications and try to be better communicators in the future.
    Seriously....thing is it's not just about the tokens...ok they have gone...but more about the message you're putting across. This isn't the first time and won't be the last...tbh I'm still fuming over glintstone quest you think we would have learnt by now wouldn't you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think we can all agree that STS made a mistake regarding the cooldown period in the announcements, however, since STS already deleted all the tokens from the game, it would be more than "just a effort" to go back and recover EVERYONE'S tokens. STS learned their mistake, so everyone, move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I actually think this has happened before or something similar when I missed spending my tokens, so now I spend most/all of my tokens during the early part of cooldown. Just in case. Oh yeah, it was where I missed turning in lots of kits because I thought there would be a cooldown and there wasn't.

I did notice that it was 3 days and yet said Monday, so I got scared, which also got me to make sure my tokens were used within the 3-day period.

I think a notice would be mucho useful though. Thanks STS for event!
    Oh lort, thought you said 'macho useful' and was scratching my head a minute xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desoulad View Post
    Ya wow what a sham i worked Friday and Sat and got up sun
    to use my tokens and it was gone. In game and on website said it ends Monday.
    People...

The event was always going to end on Thursday, and the normal event cooldowns are always 3 days. Event ended on Thursday so 3 days includes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... that makes 3 !! Yes, sts did mention they were collecting all leftover tokens on Monday but 3 days from Thursday falls on Sunday.

I agree there could be better communication during the cooldown but they did give ample time to spend the event tokens, which included 2 weeks worth of warning of the day the event ended and then 3 more days to go wild with the tokens...

I know I'm going to get my head bitten off for this but sts did their jobs...we must fulfill our end as well.

A meeting of the minds xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, we are sorry about the miscommunication. We said two things: 3 day cooldown (on Thursday), and ends on Monday (which is a 4 day cooldown).

Unfortunately the town is closed and the tokens are gone, so we are not able to restore any that went unused this year. Point well taken about the in-game notifications as well, we'll try to add that to cooldowns in the future.

- g
    I see
    Thanks for clarifying, we will all pay more attention next time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

You can argue both end but in the end we are the consumers and its 100% the developers fault that they mis-counted days(like telling someone it was wrong to take a day off even though the schedule said it was off).it's also there fault they cannot do anything about it to rectify.so in the end the consumer is at a loss and the producer gets by with a whoops.

I like 90% of what you have been doing stg but I thought you would be "better" than whoops.

Gl all,push through(easy to say as I always spend my tokens immediately...)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I just hope cinco did it to troll us and we get tokens back next hotfix