Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is the reason?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    As we see and i hope sts noticed that. this few old players are still same ones who were against idea to bring those items back as every time ppl talks about those items-
    Then you should recognize many have always opposed this. Why bring it up again with no variation (like recolor)

Suentouspo there is a lot new players who are better costumers than you btw. dont be like you are better than new players.
    I never said that lol, but a loyal player base is important and your idea pushes old players away needlessly.

just bring those items back sts. same as u did to SNS and other items in al, what did you lose ? only made a game more active, same as pl forgotten weapons with new lvl and same color.
    Can't compare al to pl in that sense because plat items here are intentionally bound to the acc whereas in al plat items are tradeable.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 11-07-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Go save your gold some of the "new gen" players and buy your own 71 elite or black drag. They never had a chance to farm the items but yet they where still able to obtain what they wanted. (Yes some bought from Black market, but I know a few who actually spent the time to earn it the hard way)
    The amount of crying won't help you get what you want

Retired From PL, mostly just tired though
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

It's definitely possible to legitimately earn L71 stuff. It takes a hell of a lot of time, but merching is fun, and I can definitely link you up to a pro guide made by an old forumer (hint hint, he was an annoying merch who people kinda forgot)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Merching-Guide!

Love seeing some oldies still active on here
    <3
    Boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Well i would compare it with real life(even though i shouldn't i know this is a game but still this one is relative alot)

Lets say you have an antique item, lets say you have coins which, the government doesn't makes now. you collected those coins with alot hard work (even though they are just coins but just imagine or imagine they were expensive, for some particular reason) now you and your friends always have a coin collection fight and you show them your old coins and you always wins.

Now its ofcourse that you'll not be beaten in any coin collection battle or whatever and you prolly win feel good and happy to have them and win everytime however then the government says, " we are going to reproduce the old coins because my son wants a collection of it". What will you do??
    First of all you'll get like damn raged, then you'll hate the president and even spread bad things about him, i know you'll calm down but then you'll never collect those coins again because your time was wasted before and now you just don't trust it.

Coming back to the game, PL has these collectors who either spent hours and days actually to farm these sets(no matter what elite or vanity it is) and then there are more of them who spent months on merching and bought the black dragon vanity set and now they feel like they completed their task and they are richer then others, if they bring back these sets it'll change alot of things, first it will make their precious time which they spent on farming merching or whatever and ask anybody how much is the value of 1 minute and then most of them even spent money(for elixirs) which they probably earned from hard work and then in the end they get to know that STS is just distributing them?

i personally don't have any of these sets but i am thinking as a community, and i am thinking from those minds who have it, i know you are saying not exactly that but l80 of those, what do you think??? anybody even ever noticed there were 2 lv71 savage scythe in the game? if there will be lv80 version of them, the shine, the superiority of the lv71 black dragon set will fell down, alot, and there will be a time where people will think those who have lv71 black dragon sets are hackers and they hacked pl or glitched it.
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ignited, I agree with much of what you said. I hardly ever hear of anyone whining in-game or elsewhere about 71 elites. Some people see my old vanities and such and ask where I got them and say they hope they'll have the chance one day to get something like them, but that's the end of it. They don't carry on and they don't demand STS bring them back. We are no longer in the 70s as far as character caps go. You now have the elite rings and the new special elite items, some of which are pretty OP. Who knows, maybe one day STS will boost the cap to 81, 85, etc. and some of those items will be discontinued. For Golem, would you still feel the same then? Would you advocate that newer players get what you worked hard to get during the 80 cap campaign? The others are right, there has to be some kind of division amongst players so everyone doesn't look the same and doesn't have the same stuff. Maybe you should ask yourself what is the REAL reason you want black drag and 71 elites brought back. Is it because you think they look "cool?" Because aside from the procs like the EWT gives, what's the point of actually playing with them in the higher dungeons? Are appearances that important, or should practicality weigh in? Even if black drag was returned to the game, I can guarantee ability to craft a 3pc and combine with that black drag ring would not be restored, so if that's a reason you wanted it, it shouldn't be. In any event, for a game that was not supposed to be updated again, Cinco sure has gone out of his way to ensure that he gives us new content and some events. So, why not be happy with what they've done thus far, rather than continually asking for more more more? There might be one day in the future when they implement another limited-time event with a special dragon/dragon set as a bonus, who knows! You know, we just had a Halloween Event where players could get new re-colored vanities and purchase permanent costumes. Guess what?! The newer players coming in won't have that stuff, and even if STS recycles the events next year, the items likely won't be exactly the same. So there ya' go - you have something that can set you apart from the new players!

Name:  new epic impact banner with photos.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  40.9 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbemani1 View Post
    Dude I think what you are asking for is not possible. Yes Cinco is a pro at awesome updates but Cinco also has to take this in account:
    Every old player who has been in the old days of PL and worked hard for the discontinued gear will be absolutely annoyed. There has to be some sort of difference in old and new players. Trust me it isn't just about the money and how people who have spent millions on the sets which would cause an outrage on this idea, but old players want to be able to show that they were there at the beginning of PL's life. Otherwise everyone would look the same. This idea might be good if they were planning to sunset the game, which would give chances to the slightly newer players to obtain and try out these old sets. Otherwise, sorry to disappoint you man but I highly doubt this going to happen. Cinco is already doing a great job with his creation of new items. Almost everyone is happy with his new work. Instead if he does something like this, many individuals may start disliking the idea.
    I don't agree, I think bringing black drag (and other discontinued gear) back would be an excellent idea. If it really was as difficult as I hear it is to get, nothing will change. Having discontinued gear like this encourages people to offer them for real cash, which has happened more times to me than I'd like to admit. And to be honest, having the L71 elites back would be fun, their procs are some of the coolest in the game. It just seems biased to me to try separate old gens and new gens when the truth is, we're all here to play Pocket Legends. Showing off how long you have been on the game is what vanities are for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    It just seems biased to me to try separate old gens and new gens when the truth is, we're all here to play Pocket Legends. Showing off how long you have been on the game is what vanities are for.
    Again, only bringing back old things seems to me to be biased against old players who won't want what they already have and drive more vets away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

How about we bring back COP, SoH, MFA, Volcano Helm, and Wammo the hammo? Also don't forget Lv 2 wand and bracer. Why not make plat tradable while we're at it, and Founder buyable for 250 plat
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    How about we bring back COP, SoH, MFA, Volcano Helm, and Wammo the hammo? Also don't forget Lv 2 wand and bracer. Why not make plat tradable while we're at it, and Founder buyable for 250 plat
    Also add humanian faces in the magic mirror for 5 plat, because new players deserve only the best... Lmao they prob don't even know half the things they ask for. they just want a recolored version because they're too lazy to farm/ merch for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

B) Black drag set 550k non negotiateable

Back in my day black drag was earnt now it's worth pocket change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    ily
    /11char
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    I don't agree, I think bringing black drag (and other discontinued gear) back would be an excellent idea. If it really was as difficult as I hear it is to get, nothing will change. Having discontinued gear like this encourages people to offer them for real cash, which has happened more times to me than I'd like to admit. And to be honest, having the L71 elites back would be fun, their procs are some of the coolest in the game. It just seems biased to me to try separate old gens and new gens when the truth is, we're all here to play Pocket Legends. Showing off how long you have been on the game is what vanities are for.
    Simply don't do things against TOS then. And even if you do, then it's your risk of ban. This is the whole point of old disc items. It provides a challenge to get them but then again it's highly likely you will get scammed so hopefully STS sorts that out. Still, it ruins it for old players as these were limited time items that dropped. It is something unique to players of that time. Besides, they aren't the most powerful items in game and there are other cheaper vanities or sets you can use to look good. Think of alternatives guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiryan View Post
    Ignited, I agree with much of what you said. I hardly ever hear of anyone whining in-game or elsewhere about 71 elites. Some people see my old vanities and such and ask where I got them and say they hope they'll have the chance one day to get something like them, but that's the end of it. They don't carry on and they don't demand STS bring them back. We are no longer in the 70s as far as character caps go. You now have the elite rings and the new special elite items, some of which are pretty OP. Who knows, maybe one day STS will boost the cap to 81, 85, etc. and some of those items will be discontinued. For Golem, would you still feel the same then? Would you advocate that newer players get what you worked hard to get during the 80 cap campaign? The others are right, there has to be some kind of division amongst players so everyone doesn't look the same and doesn't have the same stuff. Maybe you should ask yourself what is the REAL reason you want black drag and 71 elites brought back. Is it because you think they look "cool?" Because aside from the procs like the EWT gives, what's the point of actually playing with them in the higher dungeons? Are appearances that important, or should practicality weigh in? Even if black drag was returned to the game, I can guarantee ability to craft a 3pc and combine with that black drag ring would not be restored, so if that's a reason you wanted it, it shouldn't be. In any event, for a game that was not supposed to be updated again, Cinco sure has gone out of his way to ensure that he gives us new content and some events. So, why not be happy with what they've done thus far, rather than continually asking for more more more? There might be one day in the future when they implement another limited-time event with a special dragon/dragon set as a bonus, who knows! You know, we just had a Halloween Event where players could get new re-colored vanities and purchase permanent costumes. Guess what?! The newer players coming in won't have that stuff, and even if STS recycles the events next year, the items likely won't be exactly the same. So there ya' go - you have something that can set you apart from the new players!

Name:  new epic impact banner with photos.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  40.9 KB
    Please bring them to paragraphs because you always have a strong point of view and talk (or better term would be write) great but it is seriously hard to read that all in one paragraph, seriously...

Also to golem when you mentioned "than continually asking more and more and more?", i shouldn't say this but playing AL did made him think PL is AL, the official PL players who didn't played AL or atleast didn't played it as a main never expected an update back in 2014, and totally opposite to it if at that time anyone would ask or suggest for an update the whole community would turn over that guy quote it, gives the link or just "scold" him that THERE WILL BE NO UPDATES (which surprisingly doesn't happens now). After getting no update in 2015 no one expected this update, stop asking for more updates.... they already updated even after saying no....

Its like a daddy refusing his child to buy a chocolate for him but then buys it when he sees his son sad face..... but you won't get more of them, the dad was firm, is firm and will be firm in his decision, it's just the love in him for his child which make him change his decision a little bit, but not totally, you gotta understand it because apparently a child who cries for more and more chocolate is not elder then 4 obviously(sorry golem, i just want you to understand it, understand the truth, i have no intentions of calling you a "kid") so just stop it, accept the truth, and just thank them that they are still updating this game, i would say this is THE CHOSEN ONE, otherwise not only PL was neglected, SL, DL, and those other two games(which i don't know the name) were also neglected and in this present day, they are literally gone, if STS is again and again reviving this game, be thankful, don't ask for more..
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    Please bring them to paragraphs because you always have a strong point of view and talk (or better term would be write) great but it is seriously hard to read that all in one paragraph, seriously...

Also to golem when you mentioned "than continually asking more and more and more?", i shouldn't say this but playing AL did made him think PL is AL, the official PL players who didn't played AL or atleast didn't played it as a main never expected an update back in 2014, and totally opposite to it if at that time anyone would ask or suggest for an update the whole community would turn over that guy quote it, gives the link or just "scold" him that THERE WILL BE NO UPDATES (which surprisingly doesn't happens now). After getting no update in 2015 no one expected this update, stop asking for more updates.... they already updated even after saying no....

Its like a daddy refusing his child to buy a chocolate for him but then buys it when he sees his son sad face..... but you won't get more of them, the dad was firm, is firm and will be firm in his decision, it's just the love in him for his child which make him change his decision a little bit, but not totally, you gotta understand it because apparently a child who cries for more and more chocolate is not elder then 4 obviously(sorry golem, i just want you to understand it, understand the truth, i have no intentions of calling you a "kid") so just stop it, accept the truth, and just thank them that they are still updating this game, i would say this is THE CHOSEN ONE, otherwise not only PL was neglected, SL, DL, and those other two games(which i don't know the name) were also neglected and in this present day, they are literally gone, if STS is again and again reviving this game, be thankful, don't ask for more..
    Boy, that was confusing and hard to read...if we're really going to start talking about writing/grammar skills here; but I think I got the gist of it.
    Last edited by Zeiryan; 11-09-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Boy, that was confusing and hard to read...if we're really going to start talking about writing/grammar skills here; but I think I got the gist of it.
    not talking about your grammar and writing skills man, don't turn over me, i just advising you to get your message, into paragraphs, much more easier to read..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

not talking about your grammar and writing skills man, don't turn over me, i just advising you to get your message, into paragraphs, much more easier to read..
    Lol, well if you can figure out how to do that from the Chrome version of Tapatalk, more power to ya'! Unfortunately, when you try to press "enter" or "return," it submits the message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Lol, well if you can figure out how to do that from the Chrome version of Tapatalk, more power to ya'! Unfortunately, when you try to press "enter" or "return," it submits the message.
    Awww didn't knew that, my bad.

But a suggestion to get rid of that not helping mobile version of the forums, i guess you scroll totally down and click a button or a link written down there, it gets you to the PC version of the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Awww didn't knew that, my bad.

But a suggestion to get rid of that not helping mobile version of the forums, i guess you scroll totally down and click a button or a link written down there, it gets you to the PC version of the forums.
    Thanks, I'll look for it. I also have Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy and it works nicely, but the Chrome version is crazy lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Thanks, I'll look for it. I also have Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy and it works nicely, but the Chrome version is crazy lol.
    Ask me for literraly one year i didn't even knew you can even do it and i had to wait for like 5 or 6 hours (my mom set me timings for me to play computer...) to get onto forums.... i guess dumb me :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbemani1 View Post
    Simply don't do things against TOS then. And even if you do, then it's your risk of ban. This is the whole point of old disc items. It provides a challenge to get them but then again it's highly likely you will get scammed so hopefully STS sorts that out. Still, it ruins it for old players as these were limited time items that dropped. It is something unique to players of that time. Besides, they aren't the most powerful items in game and there are other cheaper vanities or sets you can use to look good. Think of alternatives guys.
    I don't do anything against TOS, but other people are encouraged too because there's no other way to get these items. And the only counterargument for not bringing them back is that "old gens will get mad". Well, tough luck. We should be focusing on getting newer players instead of trying to keeping the veterans happy. If they stayed since 20xx, great, but STS should be giving other players a chance. In the end, it really isn't new gens fault. It just comes down to when they discovered the game.