Thread: Top 10 Damage AA's for boss fights?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Question Top 10 Damage AA's for boss fights?

Whether it be pure damage or a DOT, I would like to know everyone's opinion on the best damage AA's to use for boss fight's. And can you explain in detail why you feel it is the best or top 10. All suggestions are welcome. Hopefully I can get some great suggestions and learn a lot from this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read my post .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Whether it be pure damage or a DOT, I would like to know everyone's opinion on the best damage AA's to use for boss fight's. And can you explain in detail why you feel it is the best or top 10. All suggestions are welcome. Hopefully I can get some great suggestions and learn a lot from this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read my post .
    Probs fenris number 1 because of health tick very usefull in maus and graveyard bosses if everyone used boss dies very quickly so fenris for number 1
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

To be honest when picking a pet for boss fight, AA damage isn't always my main consideration. I look for things like crit/damage buff, or debuff removal, or panic/terrify/stun or shield/damage mitigation (like Blinky). Also the question of whether it's a single boss that doesn't spawn minions or one that does kind of play a part in the selection, as well as pets used by other players on map.

I suppose if the focus is solely pet AA damage it's pets with stackable damage dealing pools that would've won the nomination, so SnS, Glowstik, Slink, maybe Toor as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    To be honest when picking a pet for boss fight, AA damage isn't always my main consideration. I look for things like crit/damage buff, or debuff removal, or panic/terrify/stun or shield/damage mitigation (like Blinky). Also the question of whether it's a single boss that doesn't spawn minions or one that does kind of play a part in the selection, as well as pets used by other players on map.

I suppose if the focus is solely pet AA damage it's pets with stackable damage dealing pools that would've won the nomination, so SnS, Glowstik, Slink, maybe Toor as well.
    You forgot lemon and lime they reduced hit chance and crit i think for 20 or 25 secs 👍
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Here is the best guide I can find on the forums for pets,

Gluttony's Guide: Pet System

As far as pets, many great options with pet animacy, debuffs are just as important as damage.
    (I have not visited this thread since last season)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Avaree; 11-08-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I can only think of Fenris for damage type aa
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Both Toor and Gloom AA up there just regarding damage. A number cruncher told me that Gloom AA does more damage than Toor AA.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Here is the best guide I can find on the forums for pets,

Gluttony's Guide: Pet System

As far as pets, many great options with pet animacy, debuffs are just as important as damage.
    (I have not visited this thread since last season)

Enjoy!
    I use that thread every day this was not what I was asking about lol. I wanted to hear the opinions of players and top players which AA's they think are the best damage wise from there own personnel experiences this current update. But out of 190 something views I was hoping for more reply's than this, it's what ever. In the future I'll be more weary about making threads like this. Mods you can close thread thank you.

@ Hanna/Terminhater thx for the suggestions .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I use that thread every day this was not what I was asking about lol. I wanted to hear the opinions of players and top players which AA's they think are the best damage wise from there own personnel experiences this current update. But out of 190 something views I was hoping for more reply's than this, it's what ever. In the future I'll be more weary about making threads like this. Mods you can close thread thank you.

@ Hanna/Terminhater thx for the suggestions .
    Continue making threads like these, otherwise forum dies. We learn so much from these forums about making our character better. Even STS learns from our discussions.

I remember when I first started this game and posted on this forum. My posts where continually attacked by a specific grammar nazi, but that didn't stop me

Good luck.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-08-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Sigh... let me clarify. I was not angry at Ava with that repost, only the first sentence "I use that thread every day this was not what I was asking about lol." was directed towards that quote. The rest I was just talking in general.

Maybe I should of said this from the start and I apologize for the miscommunication. I'm in DM about 98% of the guild has Neckro's, SNS etc. I understand that there is other variables to boss fights. I'm talking in the mindset where Shield, Debuffs, and Mob Spawns are covered in a pt. I was just curious from peoples personal experiences which TOP AA's do the most overall pure Damage/DOT.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 11-08-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Blinky's AA is pretty good in boss fights I used it to survive before I bought nekro

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I use nightshade AA grim for faster results depends on my teammates pet and class if in mausoleum. Think it's working fine for me. I mean this for boss.
    For mobs, I usually use Whim AA if there is mage with op wildfire for proc, if none I just use Slink or Nekro

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by seraneyla; 11-09-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Slober aa it's can be options, make boss cant move So help mage and rog cos boss cant atack them

Sent from my EVERCOSS A65 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Magma for rogs? Helps a hell lot in somberholt maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I like Swift for umbral mass. Not the best dmg but he freeze and pulls in. Other bosses i most prefer a pet that give a good hp and good buffs for pt. Maridos for that very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Magma is pretty good as well too. I like to use shadowlurk as AA because the critical and damage boost that it gives for 5 second with short cooldown helps mages and rogues kill boss faster

20. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

As far as DMG originating from pet AA's, I would say that none of them are reliable enough to be counted upon from a damage perspective (random pool locations or pet engaged with mob instead of boss, etc.) .

You would be better off using a pet that provides superior DMG, Crit or primary stats over AA DMG. If, for instance, you choose a pet that yields a net loss in stats, you end up doing less overall damage and the once every 30 seconds that the pet AA is available won't be enough to close the gap.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    As far as DMG originating from pet AA's, I would say that none of them are reliable enough to be counted upon from a damage perspective (random pool locations or pet engaged with mob instead of boss, etc.) .

You would be better off using a pet that provides superior DMG, Crit or primary stats over AA DMG. If, for instance, you choose a pet that yields a net loss in stats, you end up doing less overall damage and the once every 30 seconds that the pet AA is available won't be enough to close the gap.
    OP is a warrior.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Crazy but I use Mishi exclusively. I don't have to use any mana pots at all, saves me gold and it helps the whole party. I'm quicker at using charged special attacks because I do t have to worry about spamming pots.

Mishi's AA is random but you get more luck which is nice for rerolling better loot.

I'm a warrior so works well for me. I don't know if I would recommend if you run with speed set or for players that move around a lot.