Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What DEX Birds really are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default What DEX Birds really are.

This is no way, shape, or form a flame thread considering I have a full dex bird and it's my favorite character.
    But for all of you who don't have one, I must share with you what it is like. Most people who go to sewers, or higher, don't use too many pots, correct? Now let me tell you about us dex birds. Us dex birds use thousands of pots when we farm. And when I said thousands I mean thousands. It is ridiculous. Last night I used around 2.7k pots farming. And I was only farming frozen nightmare! (I was doing this because my friend had just purchased it because apparently he's a master freaking farmer.) And he was wondering why I had to keep leaving every two hours to get more pots. This is such a ridiculous feeling.
    If you're a dex bird or have ever used a dex bird then please share your feeling and experiences. I'll share my experience after tonight is over. 250 plat to burn through with elixirs!
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I go through about 1k a week lol but I'm str dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpigwarrior View Post
    I go through about 1k a week lol but I'm str dex
    In a WEEK? Jesus, I go through that an hour or two. o.O
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Is this in a fixed group or random groups?

You might need a better tank, IMO. Personal goal when I'm on bear is to try and avoid the birds/mages from getting damaged since they're very potentially one-shottable.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I go through about 400 health pots everyday if Im farming. So about 2.8k a week. Sometimes mages dont heal fast enough and sometimes if your full dex you have the most dps and the draws boss aggro its either pot or watch your death count go up.
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

It all depends on setup, I know that I enjoy using a talon/shield combo so my pot usage is minimal. The RR talon set is what I'm using until I stumble upon some glyph items, so my mana pot usage is pretty high but nowhere near thousands. Some maps I can start a map with 25 pots and don't have to use any for the entire night, but when I run with pugs I stock up to 200 of each and that should suffice. Now for a 2H weapon such as a recurve or xbow then 400 pots a night loss sounds reasonable to me. Granted I die quite a bit based on trying to conserve my pot usage recently due to the new health bar; I cannot gauge how much hp I have left at all. I can say based on a few situations that I understand how one could burn through the pots, most sets don't have H/s or M/s and if they do the damage takes a massive hit (Sewer King set comes to mind), so the archer's skills cause a them to be a mana sink while the squishy character of the avian drains their hp just as fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Is this in a fixed group or random groups?

You might need a better tank, IMO. Personal goal when I'm on bear is to try and avoid the birds/mages from getting damaged since they're very potentially one-shottable.
    Well this occasion was in a fixed group. But considering I was dying so much more less then them, I don't really care. I have a really good, great even, K/D ratio. Here's how the group looked:
    Str Bear: 41 - Bad Gear
    Int Mage: 41 - BAD Gear
    Me - 49 - 4/5 Gear (5 being the best)
    Dagger bear - 40 - Okay-ish Gear

In conclusion, I had only died once. I was seriously spamming my pots as hard as I could because my mate, dex bear, had to do the same and our tank was a below average tank.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    It all depends on setup, I know that I enjoy using a talon/shield combo so my pot usage is minimal. The RR talon set is what I'm using until I stumble upon some glyph items, so my mana pot usage is pretty high but nowhere near thousands. Some maps I can start a map with 25 pots and don't have to use any for the entire night, but when I run with pugs I stock up to 200 of each and that should suffice. Now for a 2H weapon such as a recurve or xbow then 400 pots a night loss sounds reasonable to me. Granted I die quite a bit based on trying to conserve my pot usage recently due to the new health bar; I cannot gauge how much hp I have left at all. I can say based on a few situations that I understand how one could burn through the pots, most sets don't have H/s or M/s and if they do the damage takes a massive hit (Sewer King set comes to mind), so the archer's skills cause a them to be a mana sink while the squishy character of the avian drains their hp just as fast.
    I'm working on getting dag/shield. I just don't have the level for the stuff I'll be getting yet. I will after tonight, no doubt, but I just haven't hit it yet. And I was playing half pug so I'm not sure if this is partially the problem. Nah, I'm kidding. This was entirely the problem. I played for 3-4 hours at a time and only used around 45-60 pots. Half of which the tank had sank (teehee).
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot View Post
    I go through about 400 health pots everyday if Im farming. So about 2.8k a week. Sometimes mages dont heal fast enough and sometimes if your full dex you have the most dps and the draws boss aggro its either pot or watch your death count go up.
    I'm very good at spamming my hp pots so this is usually never a consequence. But eh, I'd much rather spam through 500 pots an hour than die. My K/D is pretty clean so far considering my level and how much I solo. But that might all change in the later sewer maps and in nuri's. Who knows?
    Neffyy

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    I'm very good at spamming my hp pots so this is usually never a consequence. But eh, I'd much rather spam through 500 pots an hour than die. My K/D is pretty clean so far considering my level and how much I solo. But that might all change in the later sewer maps and in nuri's. Who knows?
    Sewers and Nuri's are where the deaths come, before I hit those maps I had under 100 deaths now I'm closer to 400. It should be easier for you though since there are established strategies for the bosses and the grates cannot be triggered by other players. When I ventured into the new maps they were fresh and all the players were still figuring out how to play them. You should be able to keep your record pretty spotless if you keep your spam finger strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Sewers and Nuri's are where the deaths come, before I hit those maps I had under 100 deaths now I'm closer to 400. It should be easier for you though since there are established strategies for the bosses and the grates cannot be triggered by other players. When I ventured into the new maps they were fresh and all the players were still figuring out how to play them. You should be able to keep your record pretty spotless if you keep your spam finger strong.
    Yeah, I see level 52's with fully developed plans on how to get to the boss easily and kill the boss within 2 minutes. I just try my hardest to not get in the way until I get a hold of things. I'll post a picture of my gear stats and show you why I go through so freaking many pots.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lalalalallalalalalalalalal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by closemeza View Post
    lalalalallalalalalalalalal
    Spam much?
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

thanks to my trusty death talon set...
    i dont think i ever had to buy pots to go thru sewers
    i just had 25 and i picked up so many when i used some of em
    the only time i was close to running out in the sewers was when i was with a pretty bad group...

now nuris is a wayyyy different story...yeah lets not go there
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinoEznite View Post
    thanks to my trusty death talon set...
    i dont think i ever had to buy pots to go thru sewers
    i just had 25 and i picked up so many when i used some of em
    the only time i was close to running out in the sewers was when i was with a pretty bad group...

now nuris is a wayyyy different story...yeah lets not go there
    Yeah, I bet. A couple guildies hit nuri's yesterday and are loving life. Hahaha.
    Neffyy

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Try int-bird with a wand: more dmg (lv 56: 220 dps) than talons, more armor (lv 56: 155) than dex-bird. I rarely use pots, and if I use em it's more "to be sure" then really need em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I'm extremely cautios w/ using pots, so I use about 1k every 6 months, but i have like 400 deaths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I use about 100 pots when I use my free elixir. (mainly mana pots)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Here we see again the lack of good tanks... Where did they all disappear?!?
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my limited time on pl with my bird i have rolled on throught most stages of pot usage. At first i didnt use much n die alot due to soloing and learning the gameplay. Then i started gaining cash and buying more pots it became the omg bird tank pot spam lol. Then i hot croc and alien oasis mobs and couldnt bird tankem hehe. So with past pvp expirience from wow it clicked my head why am i not kiting. So i went into kite mode which until sewer nuri is cake walking for a bird or ellybear (bowbear i say ellybear cause he is from what i have seen the baller at the trade) the better u get at kite the less pots u use end of story.