Thread: Titles for Accomplishments (with stat bonus)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Titles for Accomplishments (with stat bonus)

This has been done in many other MMORPGs, so it has a proven track record. My suggestion is to reward players who have accomplished certain tasks with titles, and these titles will give small stat boost.

How this can be done:
    Using an example, a player will be rewarded the title "Intergalactic Karate Champion" for defeating Gurgox. The title will grant a small bonus, maybe +2 to evade. Bonus may be similar to the stat bonus that different faces give. Completing more difficult tasks grant titles with better stat bonuses.

The title will appear before the player's name.

Titles can be collected, and can be switched, perhaps with a scroll list in the avatar page.

Titles can be rewarded for: Completing all quests in a campaign, Killing a boss large number of times, PVP kills, PVP deaths, waving at devs, etc.

Titles can be hidden from screen if player wants to avoid screen clutter. (Similar to guilds being hidden.)

Some titles may be bought with plat.

-----
    That is my suggestion, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Good suggestion!

Make them retroactive though. There's some bosses that I wouldn't wanna fight again, Gurgox being one of them. Hate gimmick bosses with a special thing that makes them hard to kill. Gurgox is just seriously annoying in a full random party cause people don't coordinate.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Maybe use the leaderboards for this? I'm mainly targeting SL, since the new system of anti-boosters (at least for PvE) is in place. However, this can work in PL too I think. Just needs some sort of fresh start.

Eg, No 1. in kills for X class gets 10 armor, 8 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd, etc. Of course numbers are hypothetical, but the same thought.

+1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Good suggestion!

Make them retroactive though. There's some bosses that I wouldn't wanna fight again, Gurgox being one of them. Hate gimmick bosses with a special thing that makes them hard to kill. Gurgox is just seriously annoying in a full random party cause people don't coordinate.
    Gurgox was ok. Galtic Overlord is just ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Oh I agree. He's also a gimmick boss since you need to break barrels while also being hit. Downed only a couple times too. Lord can be taken down with a strong party (As in over-leveled and over-geared), but I dunno how people used to do him with a level 50 cap. Gurgox one shots anybody though, if you're not careful.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the idea of titles. I used to play wow quite extensively and really enjoyed the achievement and title aspect of the game.

I do not agree with the idea of giving a special stat bonus for titles. Especially if the leaderboard is being used as this will only tend to separate the gap even further for pvp leaderboards. The title and recognition for achievement in itself is a very satisfying reward. At least in my experience with other games the title alone has been enough of a reward. No sense in giving yet another stat boost to off balance pvp further imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

It's actually easier to get the Galactic Overlord with just 1 player usually a bird. I watched a level 47 archer do it twice. Totally amazing. I stayed just outside and buffed & healed for all I was worth. and he's the one who told us it was best if we stayed out! That it was easier to get him that way. Uber if u see this u still rock!!

But to not hijack the thread, I'd like to see titles too. It might give players a reason to go to some of the lesser played dungeons. Like shadow and sandstone caves.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Oh I agree. He's also a gimmick boss since you need to break barrels while also being hit. Downed only a couple times too. Lord can be taken down with a strong party (As in over-leveled and over-geared), but I dunno how people used to do him with a level 50 cap. Gurgox one shots anybody though, if you're not careful.
    My buddy said he did okay ad he was 50.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.