Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 800 Plat for Elite Items?...

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default 800 Plat for Elite Items?...

Do these new elite items (i.e. magor wand) drop from regular bosses or can they only be purchased from vendor?

If they can only be bought from vendor for 800 plat, then I'm thoroughly disappointed with the way the new gear is being handled...

Edit: Are these items tradeable then?

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Some items can only be purchased from the Vendor while others are dropped in the world. Items can be traded, yes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Some items can only be purchased from the Vendor while others are dropped in the world. Items can be traded, yes.
    The issue is that "some" of these items can be dropped. I sure hope "all" of these items will be lootable (I understand the pursuit to maximizing profit in the little time). But I would hope that after the 30th of November that we can get these items as drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Bad update.

From a pvp perspective, it's purely pay2win. And how much you pay depends on the class you are. For instance, since Cinco decided to make new 1H swords droppable even though the other new elite weapons are 2H (bow, staff), this means that STR players have to spend a minumum of 300 plat to acquire the new WARAT shield to be well equipped for pvp. The other items can be looted. Bears will not use 2H swords in pvp.

For mages, with the introduction of MAGOR wand and doll, mages have to spend a minimum of 1100 plat. The rest of the set can be looted. Mages will generally not use staves in pvp.

And for archers, with the introduction of talon and shield, archers have to spend a minimum of 1100 plat. The rest of the set can be looted.

1100 plat is roughly $60. IF players were to decide to buy the whole set, for instance the Arzac set (armor, helm, talon, shield, blaster), it would cost 2700 plat. Not even a 2k plat purchase could get you a full 5 piece set, which means you'll roughly have to spend $150 to acquire the whole dex set if you go that route. Most players will go the $60 route and loot or buy the rest of the set though.

As I said earlier, this new system clearly favors STR players spending the least in platinum to acquire the best set possible for pvp. STR players have to spend 800 platinum less than DEX and INT players. In addition, these new items do not drop from maps and can only be purchased through the vendor for platinum and the vendor goes away forever after November 30th, meaning whoever spent platinum will be overpowered in pvp compared to players who did not. From what I have seen so far from those who have the MAGOR wand and doll, the new gear adds +40 armor and +40 dmg, among other less notable stats. When November 30 ends, players will only have the chance to acquire these items through trading, and these new items will most likely be worth hundreds of millions of gold since they are so pricy and are only available for a limited time. This means that this discourages any future players from pvp who were not able to acquire the gear for platinum or were not around and come back to the game in the future. Only a small amount of the community will be able to spend hundreds of millions (several elites) to acquire this gear. This also means that if you do happen to acquire one of these sets, you will most likely only be able to afford one of them, which decreases the class diversity in the game. Most people will flock to whatever class is most overpowered and only acquire that set.

This is detrimental to pvp as a whole and is turning players away rather than getting people to stay or come back.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I commend STG for finally introducing pay to win on Pocket Legends. Its a way they can get some money back for keeping the PL servers running, tech support etc cost of maintaining our beloved game.

My friend in the IT industry suggested it as a brain storm. Making black sets, 71 elites, founders helms, 3 piece rings, cop, nuri sheild, fang armor all plat purchasable items. And making the purchase of PL gold even cheaper with plat.
    To kill off the blackmarket.

And the special items talon, wand, sheilds are only for a limited time. It would be a good income source for them if they made it permanent.

By making it pay to win, this way we have to give back to them, to get the items we want. It doesn't totally prevent these items being sold on the blackmarket but in the least it will make those buyers think twice to buy off Space Time Studios first.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

As someone that has spent over 1,000$ USD on platinum in the past I find it very disappointing I would have to spend another 90$ USD to continue enjoining the pvp aspect of the game...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Making a new game p2w upfront might work but doing that for an old game that has always been marketed as a free mobile game would not help sts.
    Making things p2w has always made sts customers angry in the past

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

In addition, now that warat arzac and magor helms and armors can be bought for plat, and traded ig, it would only take 1 person to buy several and devalue its price, thus affecting the players who scrupulously farmed them.
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyitsTubs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Dollo, I believe they're trying to bring back the game, my question to this is why they don't bring in other options to get these elite items. If you only allow them to be purchased with plat, then there won't be enough of them for non-plat players to buy with gold. There needs to be another option, like looting for a boss (although has to be VERY little chance to get) or doing a hard quest that takes a ton of time.

I don't think PL could have even survived with it's old system, it heavily went towards being a freemium game and could not sustain itself like AL could. Something like this eventually was going to be placed in (although 4 years after updates stopped, lol, should have been earlier).

AL can sustain itself way better than PL but also has ways for a freemium player to get to the top (although hard, the fact that you CAN means it's good).

The only reason PL is up right now is because the devs decided to keep it's servers up, these recent updates look like tests to me rather than money grabs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Dollo, I believe they're trying to bring back the game, my question to this is why they don't bring in other options to get these elite items. If you only allow them to be purchased with plat, then there won't be enough of them for non-plat players to buy with gold. There needs to be another option, like looting for a boss (although has to be VERY little chance to get) or doing a hard quest that takes a ton of time.
    Only available from plat purchase = bigger reward for plat buyers, because price would drop if it'd be lootable. They probably want to have a big reward for buying platinum.
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tasakli View Post
    Only available from plat purchase = bigger reward for plat buyers, because price would drop if it'd be lootable. They probably want to have a big reward for buying platinum.
    Lol, I understand that ppls complained about it after early phase because either they could not think of the other espect of the situation as explained in my thread "it's good move, not pay 2 win" or because they don't want their special elites price fall.

But AT LEAST NOW it should be clear that it benefited all not only plat users, let me ask what was the price of warat infect any existing special elite? And what is the price now? You'll find that it actually helped all other than those stockers & investors, but then they should understand that endgame items stocking is risky as always, any new op item or new cap can demolish the price, you can't complain about that.

P.S. - and oh did I forget to mention that you stated 2 facts and both wrong. I need to explain? Because already explained it indirectly.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-13-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    P.S. - and oh did I forget to mention that you stated 2 facts and both wrong. I need to explain? Because already explained it indirectly.
    Tell me more
    Name:  bobross-profile_image-0b9dd167a9bb16b5-300x300.jpeg
Views: 240
Size:  11.5 KB
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Bad update.

From a pvp perspective, it's purely pay2win. And how much you pay depends on the class you are. For instance, since Cinco decided to make new 1H swords droppable even though the other new elite weapons are 2H (bow, staff), this means that STR players have to spend a minumum of 300 plat to acquire the new WARAT shield to be well equipped for pvp. The other items can be looted. Bears will not use 2H swords in pvp.

For mages, with the introduction of MAGOR wand and doll, mages have to spend a minimum of 1100 plat. The rest of the set can be looted. Mages will generally not use staves in pvp.

And for archers, with the introduction of talon and shield, archers have to spend a minimum of 1100 plat. The rest of the set can be looted.

1100 plat is roughly $60. IF players were to decide to buy the whole set, for instance the Arzac set (armor, helm, talon, shield, blaster), it would cost 2700 plat. Not even a 2k plat purchase could get you a full 5 piece set, which means you'll roughly have to spend $150 to acquire the whole dex set if you go that route. Most players will go the $60 route and loot or buy the rest of the set though.

As I said earlier, this new system clearly favors STR players spending the least in platinum to acquire the best set possible for pvp. STR players have to spend 800 platinum less than DEX and INT players. In addition, these new items do not drop from maps and can only be purchased through the vendor for platinum and the vendor goes away forever after November 30th, meaning whoever spent platinum will be overpowered in pvp compared to players who did not. From what I have seen so far from those who have the MAGOR wand and doll, the new gear adds +40 armor and +40 dmg, among other less notable stats. When November 30 ends, players will only have the chance to acquire these items through trading, and these new items will most likely be worth hundreds of millions of gold since they are so pricy and are only available for a limited time. This means that this discourages any future players from pvp who were not able to acquire the gear for platinum or were not around and come back to the game in the future. Only a small amount of the community will be able to spend hundreds of millions (several elites) to acquire this gear. This also means that if you do happen to acquire one of these sets, you will most likely only be able to afford one of them, which decreases the class diversity in the game. Most people will flock to whatever class is most overpowered and only acquire that set.

This is detrimental to pvp as a whole and is turning players away rather than getting people to stay or come back.
    I totally agree, but I bought the whole set with gold. I'm not saying I disagree, but if you put the time in you can buy the set with gold.