Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: CoC Tier List 1.0 Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I think most of this is based on opinion, to some a champ fits here, to others, a champ fits there,

to me, I like Violet, Modus, Cobal, and Zaar
    Ain't nothing gonna change that
    *violet will be nerfed more cuz still someone likes her*
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    *violet will be nerfed more cuz still someone likes her*
    Well there goes 400k out the window..

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

I want so badly to say "1v1 me as Feng, I dare you" but that's not helpful in a tier discussion. xD

In terms of Feng, I think she is less impactful against lower tier players but a much better assassin against higher tier plays. The reasoning behind this is that Feng's damage is consistent, it doesn't rely on your opponent being.. well.. bad.

Scorch: You have to build up stacks before Devil Horn becomes a powerhouse. In Versus most players don't realize that walking through your fire trail is just giving you stacks for free. Against more competent players Scorch is harder to build up stacks with.

Seraphina: Atonement is great, and Seraphina is one of my favorite Champions, but playing against any Champion with CC Seraphina should not be able to pop Atonement, jump in, and land all 4 attacks. This is exactly what happens in Versus though. You have a much better chance against Seraphina by just being aware of her and what she does. Don't stay near walls she can jump over, think of the timing of her Atonement.

Shard: Shard has 2 main combos for high damage. Land sword throw and then dash, or dash first and try a point-blank sword throw. The first relies on prediction of your opponents movements (which is harder against better opponents) and the second is a wide open read of what you're doing, easy for harder opponents to counter with abilities of their own. After that Shard has to run away and for most players, this means completely away. The safe dive in teleport combo gives up so much map ownership for powerups and such.

Great to see discussions of what makes characters viable and not in your opinions!

In terms of Feng though, I would like to ask what's getting in your way in terms of "bad touch controls" compared to other champions?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    I want so badly to say "1v1 me as Feng, I dare you" but that's not helpful in a tier discussion. xD

In terms of Feng, I think she is less impactful against lower tier players but a much better assassin against higher tier plays. The reasoning behind this is that Feng's damage is consistent, it doesn't rely on your opponent being.. well.. bad.

Scorch: You have to build up stacks before Devil Horn becomes a powerhouse. In Versus most players don't realize that walking through your fire trail is just giving you stacks for free. Against more competent players Scorch is harder to build up stacks with.

Seraphina: Atonement is great, and Seraphina is one of my favorite Champions, but playing against any Champion with CC Seraphina should not be able to pop Atonement, jump in, and land all 4 attacks. This is exactly what happens in Versus though. You have a much better chance against Seraphina by just being aware of her and what she does. Don't stay near walls she can jump over, think of the timing of her Atonement.

Shard: Shard has 2 main combos for high damage. Land sword throw and then dash, or dash first and try a point-blank sword throw. The first relies on prediction of your opponents movements (which is harder against better opponents) and the second is a wide open read of what you're doing, easy for harder opponents to counter with abilities of their own. After that Shard has to run away and for most players, this means completely away. The safe dive in teleport combo gives up so much map ownership for powerups and such.

Great to see discussions of what makes characters viable and not in your opinions!

In terms of Feng though, I would like to ask what's getting in your way in terms of "bad touch controls" compared to other champions?
    I want vs you but you would cheat
    Devs are more pro

Anyways for real i would love to play against one of devs! Is it even possible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

1v1 me Vroom, feng vs violet
    at lvl1 (I've only got violet yesterday, still not maxed yet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

@VroomIGoRealFast I'll try my sera ( tier 8 ) and jack ( tier10 ) !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I'd imagine the reason people say that Feng is hard to control is that in order to land her full combo and escape you have to tap the screen a total of 9 times, 4 of which you need to target an enemy, all while still trying to move strategically and not die since she is very frail. If you miss even a single tap you loose time, which translates to either missing out on lots of damage on them or loosing lots of health on you. Or both. I personally don't think she is horribly hard to play on a decent enough level, but that's probably why people find her a bit complicated.
    tl;dr You need to tap 9 times, and if u miss one the entire combo is messed up, but she is still very good.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

@Vroom by hard controls I mean the literal breaking of thumbs that is playing Feng. XD It's supper hard to constantly be tapping especially vs tiny targets like Violet, Modus, or Scorch. Also enemies can group together and because of the tap controls you could end up Eagle Striking Nova but comboing Galen because he's standing infront of Nova(By Infront I mean proportional to the camera view.) Also when you go to cast a skill, you can't control your movement while the blue zone is active. Like they can run away from you and you're stuck in a skills blue zone. So frustrating.

We should be able to move freely while skill "blue zones" are up, or there should be a lock-on system like all other mobile mobas lol. Feng is fun but mad frustrating.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is why I play Modus ^

For a mage, has exceptional armor and his damage output is relatively high. Great for one v one scenario in my opinion (only tough against Cinder, sometimes Violet). Great champion if you're wanting to be more of a solo player.

Compared to Modus, however, I do think other champions provide a more optimal level of team play, which is in principle the best way to win a game. But I do love racking up kills!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I think most of this is based on opinion, to some a champ fits here, to others, a champ fits there,

to me, I like Violet, Modus, Cobal, and Zaar
    Ain't nothing gonna change that
    Among mages is it only violet that gets a shield when a bonus damage is done ?
    Doesn't Modus & Zaar have shield ?
    As far as i have observed most of the chars get a shield when bonus damage is done except a few i haven't seen like Modus, Zaar, Cinder etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    Among mages is it only violet that gets a shield when a bonus damage is done ?
    Doesn't Modus & Zaar have shield ?
    As far as i have observed most of the chars get a shield when bonus damage is done except a few i haven't seen like Modus, Zaar, Cinder etc.
    Voilet, Gobi, Ash, and Ulric are the only characters with shields built into their kit. Most squishy champs (Nova, Ulric, Khalid) have a talent at tier 8/9 that gives them a small shield if their health falls below 20%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Voilet, Gobi, Ash, and Ulric are the only characters with shields built into their kit. Most squishy champs (Nova, Ulric, Khalid) have a talent at tier 8/9 that gives them a small shield if their health falls below 20%
    Galen too has a shield.....??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Galen too has a shield.....??
    Yes galen have shield. Jack can even have 2 shields, it depeds on build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Forgot about galen lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Yes galen have shield. Jack can even have 2 shields, it depeds on build.
    Does any of the champs(which have got shield) has the ability to provide teammate with a shield ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Does any of the champs(which have got shield) has the ability to provide teammate with a shield ?
    Khalid have skill that give nearby allies shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Khalid have skill that give nearby allies shield.
    Ash and Ulric also give more literal shields.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i agree with youre tiers blonde...but that is list for begginers...the top players know that ashe make be big trouble for him...also about bjorn(my main)the stacking it s easy...wait for enemy to group all and using 4.spells u can take 3 stack ofc if u cross into them all...and then use 3.spell and stun one of them and here we gooo...BEAR FORM IS READY...with 80% of healths...and u wrong about Feng and Nova...that 2 girls is very fast killers...yeah it is true that in game have some champions with spell bug...but i hope that sts nerf them...but the really problem is Galen...he is tank with powerfull dmg...total usefull champions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge991 View Post
    i agree with youre tiers blonde...but that is list for begginers...the top players know that ashe make be big trouble for him...also about bjorn(my main)the stacking it s easy...wait for enemy to group all and using 4.spells u can take 3 stack ofc if u cross into them all...and then use 3.spell and stun one of them and here we gooo...BEAR FORM IS READY...with 80% of healths...and u wrong about Feng and Nova...that 2 girls is very fast killers...yeah it is true that in game have some champions with spell bug...but i hope that sts nerf them...but the really problem is Galen...he is tank with powerfull dmg...total usefull champions...
    Tanks aren't just meant to push the orb forward close to tower & let the assassins & mages destroy the tower. Tanks are created with an intention on withstanding the incoming damage & assisting teammates as well as deal damage. If tanks r just meant to help then it ll surely make them look like personal assistant to mages & assassins who deal more damage & get more kills. Just bcoz some pro players playing tanks hit the right combos making bonus damages it doesnt mean that a tank is powerful. Everyone has their own style of playing with a particular category of champ. Though i dont own any of the tank(except the free avalanche) i love to see tanks v/s 2 or 3 dealing damage with a skillful play. I really dont have any issues with any of the tanks in v/s except magmatus who is still the best, avalanche & galen look normal though. It all depends upon what champ we play & how we play & how we play against tanks. Magmatus has been nerfed now.
    * Don't wanna see another tank getting nerfed *

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Mag & Galen deal too much damage tho lol. If they manage to push in an orb, unless the whole team if there to contest them. They'll take the turret. Galen especially, his damage is too high for being such a wall.

Tanks(except mag) aren't supposed to be dealing alot of damage. That's the role of assassins. They're support to well...tank and and support they're team bt body blocking and providing CC.

Also thabks for brining this up, I was gonna do it anyway!

Tl;dr, Galen does too much damage. Magmatus is supposed to be a tank with alot of damage but imo his "Assassin/Tank" role is very problematic.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post: