Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venomous set illusion..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yeah you look like you're hauling with the speed set to others. When you have awakening, you might feel a little faster but it looks the same on their end. 20% speed boost vs 200% for the set is marginal. You look totally awesome running around to others xD

I didn't wear my set all the time before because of my para arcane ring, but there are many benefits to the speed set like ping able to shoot at mobs then running away from red zone and pets walking speed is also 200% increased.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 11-12-2016 at 01:05 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daggee View Post
    About the pvp thing, i believe it has to do with ping. If you have constant 350ping+ you'll have to expect that happening. Your client side and the server side maby different. When your client side moves 6m already, and since your ping is higher, it may take the server side abit to read what your client side did. So on the server side, you may have only mover 2-3m. Maby if u had better ping, your client side may send data to the server side faster, so if u moved 6m on client side, on server side, u may move 4m. This is just my guess lol. I got absolutely no idea about game mechanics but i believe its right.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    My ping is 60-130 during pvp, with the occasional spikes as expected.

I also tested today with my ping under 100, with the same from the other person.. I was able to run from the top right of the blood beach map, straight down below the mana boost until the mage fired his lightning and hit me. He said I was out of his screen when he fired, yet I still got hit, far out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsuryo View Post
    Maybe they have better than you.

Oh sorry, do you need another screen capture to proof someone have SET, so they can talk here?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry, what? That post has nothing to do with what you just imposed, and since this is a "problem" noticed by speed users, it is logical for me to ask if the op uses one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Dr. Wells is helping Zoom steal your speed (Flash (TV show) reference)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

It would be nice if a dev or someone from the STG team would clarify this thing. Im really curious if is this only a trick by our mind, or a real thingy.

Also, i have a guess when you wear a speed set your movement is drcreased with a little to be able handle your toon without any probs, but the other players still see you moving with full speed. Thats in my mind atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Idk how to explain but is a trick of your mind when you use it a lot. You can check by unequip it for a day or some hours, then equip again. Do you remember the first time you used it? Soo much fast?!
    I think its like be inside a car a 100km and off the car a 100km. If you travel at 100km you feel not too fast but If a car pass around you at 100km you think it really fast...same speed both.
    Idk too if speed awaken effect is "visible" when running coz I don't have it. I think when you have 200%, 220% don't make all that difference.
    I feel the same "Haste set broken" when others run around me hahaha but its not real, I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

dont think any speed lix, or pet speed enhancement, stacks with the haste set.
    Besides ... if we run any faster than the current haste set its gonna be hard to control which way we go lol?!?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

just ask them for a race u will see who is faster

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yeah you look like you're hauling with the speed set to others. When you have awakening, you might feel a little faster but it looks the same on their end. 20% speed boost vs 200% for the set is marginal. You look totally awesome running around to others xD

I didn't wear my set all the time before because of my para arcane ring, but there are many benefits to the speed set like ping able to shoot at mobs then running away from red zone and pets walking speed is also 200% increased.
    I think you dont understand what he is talking about because you have never experienced it before. There are times when the map is very very fast forwarded, it happened to me when i was running WT4, even the timer is speeded by 5 or 10 times, idk, me and my friend are just stunned at how fast we move, how fast our skill countdown and how fast the mobs attack and die. This situation happened to me in a few occasions
    There's No such thing as Karma , Plus I sold ice golem set 50M Bare in mind this
    Only the Rich Rules, Poor?Dont think about it
    ~Bbypandax

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Also keep in mind with massive multiplayer online games, you are using a "client" version of the game that is sending everything you are doing to a server where it its updating everyone's position. What is displayed on your screen can be very different that what is actually happening. etc. 99% of the time what you are seeing on the client-side is delayed slightly from what is actually happening on the server.

For example if you are runnning along side another speed set, on your screen, you could be laggin behind a bit, but on a third persons screen it could be the other way around or dead even.

To find out for sure, get together in a tavern etc run end to end few times with some other friends watching. Each player will see something differnt depending on how fast each client side version updates. On my older Iphone im always slower like u are saying. On my Galaxy s6 edge plus its amazing how smooth position updating is with a strong connection. On Pc/Chrome connected via ethernet (not 4g or wifi), its huge difference in terms of judging distances, really fast, being really accurate with your timing, compared to phones/tabs on wireless.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    I think you dont understand what he is talking about because you have never experienced it before. There are times when the map is very very fast forwarded, it happened to me when i was running WT4, even the timer is speeded by 5 or 10 times, idk, me and my friend are just stunned at how fast we move, how fast our skill countdown and how fast the mobs attack and die. This situation happened to me in a few occasions
    I have experienced that also, it was like the game was playing at 2x speed almost. It hasnt happened since new level cap for me idk why. I used to notice that after huge wildfire procs where we died, seemed like the game sped up a lil each time we respawned, and for sure the wildfire proc would get extremely sensitive, meaning maybe 1 or two taps of staff and a group of mobs would be fully proc'ing like crazy. Ofc it would get harder and harder to survive.

I forget sometimes this is an online game, with tons of different versions of clients, players connecting from tons of different devices, connection types, etc. Its amazing to me im ever synced up with other players. Hats off to the server/Networking engineers on this game. No joke.