Thread: Frost touched bow vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Frost touched bow vanity

Hello everyone! Before I begin, I want to tell you a little story. 2 years ago there was an awesome winter event in Arcane Legends, StS added even new mythic weapons. I instantly fell in love with frost touched bow. When I got to know that there is a possibility to craft a vanity out of the bow I was really happy. I bought the bow, I bought the recipe (around 800k for everything) and than I got shocked.
    To craft this vanity, I still need ARCANE SHARD
    Well well well.
    I dont really know what to say. Arcane shard costs 1,2m right now. I have that ammount of money, but why would I spend so much to craft it when I can just buy that vanity bow for 1,4m. Im sorry StS but Im really dissapointed, it doesnt make sense at all. Instead of shard thats very rare, you should just give us a quest to obtain something else (like an vanity essence?) I have also another question, is there any Lore behind it? Or is just like that to make people spend more money? I wouldn't complain if there was a huge story behind it like "The reason you need arcane shard is because it will collect the power of the bow, and turn it into vanity"
    For past 2 months im playing Arcane Legends everyday, and I think I will have to stop again, just because of this situation which really annoys me.
    What will happen now? I guess I will sell the bow, and the recipe. It's really sad

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI VNS-L31 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

From sts's point of view, I believe it'll make sense when the event is over and the vanities are no longer purchasable.

It also makes it more likely that such weapons will remain available and in circulation for those who need them at their level in game rather than all disappearing due to being easily converted into vanities.

But as for the arcane shards needed for converting your level 36 upgraded himi, vili and uller sets to vanities via a recipe, that's a different matter altogether.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-13-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont really know what to do. I can get arcane shard from lockeds, but I dont like gambling. I guess I will just give up, I hope that in few months arcane shards are going to be cheaper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Why not resell bow and recipe, and buy the vanity?
    IGN: Vvildfire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I think is logical to resell the bow, but there is other thing: there is no one thats going to buy the bow. And I agree, is kinda weird that StS didnt change that "limited time" description. This is my favorite mmorpg, but the story in this game is just boring and not existing. StS you guys should focus on writing scenario, not only on gameplay and... gamaplay? I will give you example: few weeks ago I played Guild Wars 2, and the scenario was just awesome, I reached max lvl and I was very happy. You know how the story looks like in AL?
    Well, the new expansion looks like:
    "Here, kill those mobs and you get points"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sts didn't notice that shards are no longer worth 100k each :/ #makeshardspurchasableforbalancedtokens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Considering the increasing uses for the Arcane Shard, i don't think a double odds weekend specifically on the Arcane shard in Massive Locked Twilight Crates would really hurt. However, double odds on all the contents probably would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

They should have selled just the recipe with platinum not the entire vanity. But next week they will probably plunder the gold from the cake event as they have always done in the past (ex: egg thiefs, etc) who knows...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aszika View Post
    Hello everyone! Before I begin, I want to tell you a little story. 2 years ago there was an awesome winter event in Arcane Legends, StS added even new mythic weapons. I instantly fell in love with frost touched bow. When I got to know that there is a possibility to craft a vanity out of the bow I was really happy. I bought the bow, I bought the recipe (around 800k for everything) and than I got shocked.
    To craft this vanity, I still need ARCANE SHARD
    Well well well.
    I dont really know what to say. Arcane shard costs 1,2m right now. I have that ammount of money, but why would I spend so much to craft it when I can just buy that vanity bow for 1,4m. Im sorry StS but Im really dissapointed, it doesnt make sense at all. Instead of shard thats very rare, you should just give us a quest to obtain something else (like an vanity essence?) I have also another question, is there any Lore behind it? Or is just like that to make people spend more money? I wouldn't complain if there was a huge story behind it like "The reason you need arcane shard is because it will collect the power of the bow, and turn it into vanity"
    For past 2 months im playing Arcane Legends everyday, and I think I will have to stop again, just because of this situation which really annoys me.
    What will happen now? I guess I will sell the bow, and the recipe. It's really sad

They now don't want we happy at all they really want our Money

Sent from my vivo Y21 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shlt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would really apreciate any answer from developers. It would be nice if.they could explain us this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

STS don't control the entire AL economy, just a few months back shards were selling for 25k. It comes back to supply and demand, in recent weeks there have been an increased in the demand for the shards cuz it's a required components to craft certain items.