Thread: GUIDE: Tips and hints for grinding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default GUIDE: Tips and hints for grinding

We all know what grinding is: looooooooong series of repeated areas to get alot of exp that is required to lvl up. I thought this over as a person who doesn't use elixers alot and came up with a way to make grinding less boring.
    My Bird just made lvl 55 and I am hoping to get to the lvl cap sometime without dieing of boredom. With this in hand I have came up with a way to grind away while having a bit of fun. Here are some tips to help you grind:

1: DON'T LOOK TOO MUCH!
    Don't constantly look at your exp bar. It will help if you look at it over some long periods to notice big differences which will boost morale. I study the human mind with time lapses etc. (I can explain my findings later)

2: IF YOU HAVE QUESTS...
    If you have quests in the area, ALWAYS start from lvl one up to the quest area. You will get ALOT of exp, maybe a few pinks, and credits to upgrade your purple armor if any. I did this in numerable areas in the PL world so it should help alot.

3: DISTRACT YOURSELF!
    To constantly think of the grinding causes stress alot so I would reccomend that you "distract yourself." Help others, farm purples you need, or make a goal of some sort to keep yourself from breaking rule #1. An example of this would be me just doing either glyph hunting, quests doing, and anything you can think of that will turn your attention to something else. I lvl'ed up three times before I finished the cyber quests.

4: STOP REPEATING THE SAME THING!
    Create variety! Do something new! Do the first lvl instead of the House of Pain lvl for the 50th time! Stop boredom! I always liked new things so I created different types of runs like one day its lvl 1-3, and the next day its lvl 4-5.

5: GET SOME SLEEP!
    This is important. Its always essential to stay healthy so get some sleep before you pass out grinding.

6: DON'T ALWAYS GET ON!
    As a gamer I know that over-excessive use of a video game can be degrading. Thats why I am a Boy Scout. I go outside and camp on frozen lakes, mosquitoe-infested summer Camp Chief Little Turtle, and the regular outdoors. The point is is to realize there is a bigger world outside the screen. Plus if you obey this rule you can follow rule #5. These two rules can help you play better. A person wide awake is better than a tired one with a muddled brain.

7: HAVE FUN!
    Have fun with what you are doing by chatting with your guild, being active in contest, and help others at all times. Being generous is what makes me happy. Before you know it, you will lvl up fast!

I hope this guide helps you out as it is helping me so far. This guide can be used for any lvl character so use these hints and tips to HAVE FUN!

(This guide has been edited durring transfer to make it a PL one. Thanks to Neffy for the suggestion )

- Abekrie (aka Santa Abe) -

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Wrong section . It's in the guild section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Oh my gosh. FAIL
    Guild looked like guides for a sec I guess. How do I delete this?
    Edit: no wonder I couldn't find it again >.<

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u could ask the devs to move it