Thread: Discerning what is good for warrior ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Default Discerning what is good for warrior ...

Ok, so I'm having trouble discerning what is good for my warrior (weapon wise, brutality, fatality, etc). I look in auction and everything is either way out of my budget reach, or has bad stats for me. I'm a lv57 warrior, and my weapon is for lv46 (yes, I bought the glintstone once apon a time.) But the glintstone's the only thing good for me. I'm trying to pick armor that's for at least lv59. While I've heard brutality is for health, i don't know if it's 'for health in general. On my warrior it adds dmg but takes away hp, so I don't know if brutality is good for a specific class or what, and same with the others (Like Will, fatality, etc) is good for which class. Im trying to balance my gear (like more dmg for weapon, and headpiece or chestplate that takes away some dmg--not too much--and adds more hp.
    Seriously though, my mage and rogue are having a bit trouble, but my warrior is the hardest to choose armor for.
    Please give me your input, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I used warfare set in 56. And for me it was balanced as for PvP. I had enough armor and HP. I used some Nature jewels and fury jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    I used warfare set in 56. And for me it was balanced as for PvP. I had enough armor and HP. I used some Nature jewels and fury jewels.
    Jewels don't really seem to boost up my stats in this case, though. Maybe my glintstone is too good o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    Jewels don't really seem to boost up my stats in this case, though. Maybe my glintstone is too good o.o
    Well depends what jewel tier are you using. As for PvE tank you should look at armor ➡ hp. Tank is for holding aggro and keep party alive. We don't really need much damage especially with glinstone aegis. Even if some set lets say adds 100 armor but takes away 100/150 hp I'd still choose it because with more armor and jewels i wont feel HP loss. I need to take a look at new tank gear.
    Last edited by resurrected; 11-19-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Armor autocorrection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Well depends what jewel tier are you using. As for PvE tank you should look at armor ➡ hp. Tank is for holding aggro and keep party alive. We don't really need much damage especially with glinstone aegis. Even if some set lets say adds 100 armor but takes away 100/150 hp I'd still choose it because with more armor and jewels i wont feel HP loss. I need to take a look at new tank gear.
    Ok Thanks! btw, what's the point of armor as for stats? Does it boost up your hp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Ok Thanks! btw, what's the point of armor as for stats? Does it boost up your hp?
    Well it Doesn't boost up your HP in stat but more armor ➡ more damage reduction ➡ better survivability. With high armor enemies will deal and crit less damage to you. More armor ➡ less damage you take and it's easier to survive. I never really focused on damage as long as i could keep mobs busy and party alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Well it Doesn't boost up your HP in stat but more armor ➡ more damage reduction ➡ better survivability. With high armor enemies will deal and crit less damage to you. More armor ➡ less damage you take and it's easier to survive. I never really focused on damage as long as i could keep mobs busy and party alive.
    Alright, I'll go with that. Thanks for your help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Alright, I'll go with that. Thanks for your help!
    No problem! Glad i could help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Best set for warrior is potency, but u can use cheaper versions like warfare or lethality. I am currently using lethality helm and armor. You can also start putting jewels in it with at least fortified fury.
    Last edited by Ninthplague; 11-21-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Armor health, goes along way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I vote for potency first. Assault second and warfare last. Fury jewels first, nature jewels second and diamond last. Many threads about how armor can be nerfed by enemies but hit points can't. For example aimed shot lowers your armor. If you're lvl 57 plan on getting two sets of gear. One at level 58 and one at 60 or new gear from expansion. The two most expensive tiers now are lvl 57 and 61. With expansion around the corner I wouldn't get attached to whatever you buy. Personally I wouldn't even use jewels until you see what is available in this expansion. In general you want gear that boosts your primary stat and adds damage. In my opinion added int (mana) is more useful then dex (crit).