Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Graveyard/Mausoleum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Lightbulb Suggestions for Graveyard/Mausoleum

What defensive skills do players have against undead mages curse?
    -Warriors have jug and heal with shield
    -Mages have shield that gives invincibility for couple seconds and they can chain stun undead mages
    Rogues have hmm nothing. Razor Shield doesn't help at all against mages, no skill of theirs does. A Rogue's job in Graveyard is to make sure targets like undead mages/archers/witches die first and fast. Undead mages curse makes the player that is cursed die instantly in most cases. A lot of rogues use Nox, which is an instant death against undead mages. Even if the Nox was fired before getting cursed. Even SP, Aimed shot causes a death if cursed. My suggestion would be for Razor Shield to get a DOT immunity for couple of seconds. Since mages use curse in PvP, I'd suggest that the DOT immunity works only in PvE.
    Don't we all just want smoother runs? Where less ankhs are needed? Where less deaths are involved? People are mostly still running Graveyard instead of Mausoleum because the runs cost less. You gain more stable profit by running Graveyard IMO. While you need a lot of ankhs for Mausoleum runs. I'm not asking to buff loot. Just suggesting what could make runs smoother.

How many times has it happened to you guys that you join a Mausoleum map and mobs get aggrod immediately and you die before you can even react. If the devs could look into this please. It's silly to join a map and die while you're still on loading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I know that. Curse mages are annoying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I'll give yall tip that i got from some pretty damn OP PvE rogue against curse mages
    Nilbog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    I'll give yall tip that i got from some pretty damn OP PvE rogue against curse mages
    Nilbog.
    The reason why Nilbog isn't efficient is because: - It only spawns one pool. -Undead Mages aren't front row attackers, they hide between mobs and stay in the back. Meaning the pool won't be placed under the undead mage or close to the undead mage. Of course you could resummon the pet so that it spawns the pool right under you but those few seconds that one takes to resummon the pet can and will most likely be the death of the Rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Use the other players, i.e. Mages and warriors mages can be stunned and frozen and who knows what else - oh dimensional portaled and banished. So lots of ways.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Reason why Nilbog isn't efficient is because: - It only spawns one pool. -Undead Mages aren't front row attackers, they hide between mobs and stay in the back. Meaning the pool won't be placed under the undead mage or close to the undead mage. Of course you could resummon the pet so that it spawns the pool right under you but those few seconds that one takes to resummon the pet can and will most likely be the death of the Rogue.
    It don't need be near to mage or under him. If you slot him in vlad you'll see magic range circle. Nilbog is used because he remove all debuffs from allies in range and also for his immunity. We need to use full potential of pets xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Use the other players, i.e. Mages and warriors mages can be stunned and frozen and who knows what else - oh dimensional portaled and banished. So lots of ways.
    Banish is not always guaranteed and when it does actually happen, it doesn`t mean undead mages will be targetted for banish.
    I have also witnessed both mages and warriors honing in on the undead mages, and being wiped out within seconds, thanks to curse. What good is a class' skills when they are already upon arriving within range.

It don't need be near to mage or under him. If you slot him in vlad you'll see magic range circle. Nilbog is used because he remove all debuffs from allies in range and also for his immunity. We need to use full potential of pets xD
    The pool is required to be near the undead mage, as the dps will need to swiftly maneuver close and snipe them. Odds are you need to move in close to kill, and therefore Nilbog's pool needs to be within range of both the players and mage. The pool only takes effect when you stand on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Banish is not always guaranteed and when it does actually happen, it doesn`t mean undead mages will be targetted for banish.
    I have also witnessed both mages and warriors honing in on the undead mages, and being wiped out within seconds, thanks to curse. What good is a class' skills when they are already upon arriving within range.

The pool is required to be near the undead mage, as the dps will need to swiftly maneuver close and snipe them. Odds are you need to move in close to kill, and therefore Nilbog's pool needs to be within range of both the players and mage. The pool only takes effect when you stand on it.
    I tested it and you dont need stand in pool to get effect

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

that little blighter mages curse pierces the warrior bubble heal and its instant death ..... stun and/or ranged shot is the trick with them.
    If the mage can be stunned then it allows the rest of the team the time to take him out with dps, at least the mages hp is small?!?!?!!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    that little blighter mages curse pierces the warrior bubble heal and its instant death ..... stun and/or ranged shot is the trick with them.
    If the mage can be stunned then it allows the rest of the team the time to take him out with dps, at least the mages hp is small?!?!?!!?
    Imagine situation when me as rogue, fight graveyard mage....
    Using razor shield and mage drop curse on me...
    Self kill :/
    Btw, my thoughts are that curse is instant death for rogues, because we have razor and nox which is dot skills...
    I didnt found any way to survive when curse is on, even if I dont attack it...
    So annoying...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorayai View Post
    Imagine situation when me as rogue, fight graveyard mage....
    Using razor shield and mage drop curse on me...
    Self kill :/
    Btw, my thoughts are that curse is instant death for rogues, because we have razor and nox which is dot skills...
    I didnt found any way to survive when curse is on, even if I dont attack it...
    So annoying...
    Im finding that as a tank its my job to spot the mages, and be the first point of attack .... im in first with bubble heal and taunt, and try to stun them with pet or SS so the mage doesnt run into the centre of the party and cause chaos ... that way when the rest of the team arrive and the mage is seeing stars, then they can take out his low hp with high dps.
    Doesnt always work mind, sometimes theres three or four of the little bu****s, specially in mossy four where there are huge mobs! Theres explosions and fireworks going off ni every direction, we are surrounded by a swirling mass of 25 or so mobs and it can be hard to see anything at all ?!?!?!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Here's a tip.
    Use dusk bow of pot/tactics.
    Use charge attack on mages. It has a pretty high chance to stun and the 200% basic attack bonus makes your charged attack hit like a mini aimed shot.(plus dusk bow proc will fire 3 shots into the mob which is pretty strong.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There are many ways to deal w those mages. My biggest issue with them is multiple ones in a big gather. I dont always see them until I see the messgae and I am dead haha. Other than that, warrior heals, aggro, mage stuns, freezes work well, as does hitting the mage mob from afar. If I can, I run when I see the message and I usually survive.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Here's a tip.
    Use charge attack on mages. It has a pretty high chance to stun and the 200% basic attack bonus makes your charged attack hit like a mini aimed shot.(plus dusk bow proc will fire 3 shots into the mob which is pretty strong.)
    In description of bow says 2 arrows..
    Type bug ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

This thread was made to focus on a defensive SKILLL for Rogue against undead mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Here's a tip.
    This might work if there's 1 mage but not against 2+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

In description of bow says 2 arrows..
    Type bug ?
    2 arrows if normal, 3 arrows when charged attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorayai View Post
    2 arrows if normal, 3 arrows when charged attack.
    Thanks for clarification!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

-Mages have shield that gives invincibility for couple seconds and they can chain stun undead mages
    Rogues have hmm nothing. Razor Shield doesn't help at all against mages, no skill of theirs does. A Rogue's job in Graveyard is to make sure targets like undead mages/archers/witches die first and fast. Undead mages curse makes the player that is cursed die instantly in most cases. A lot of rogues use Nox, which is an instant death against undead mages. Even if the Nox was fired before getting cursed. Even SP, Aimed shot causes a death if cursed. My suggestion would be for Razor Shield to get a DOT immunity for couple of seconds. Since mages use curse in PvP, I'd suggest that the DOT immunity works only in PvE.
    Don't we all just want smoother runs? Where less ankhs are needed? Where less deaths are involved? People are mostly still running Graveyard instead of Mausoleum because the runs cost less. You gain more stable profit by running Graveyard IMO. While you need a lot of ankhs for Mausoleum runs. I'm not asking to buff loot. Just suggesting what could make runs smoother.

How many times has it happened to you guys that you join a Mausoleum map and mobs get aggrod immediately and you die before you can even react. If the devs could look into this please. It's silly to join a map and die while you're still on loading.
    Here's the best tip...

Use ur charge dagger skill with the mythic stun dagger. You can keep a big group of mobs stuns 90-95% of the time till they all die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but for a mage, the Gale Force skill protects you 100% against curse for up to 4 seconds every time (non charge). See below

Mastery 10/10 "Gale Force adds a buff that lasts 4.0 seconds. Every 0.4 second tick removes any negative effects on the sorcerer."

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Nilbog.
    ik who u got that tip from, listened to same advice but idk how to use that pet combo effectively teach me? im just lvling up that pet, cause i find it good to listen to (playername) advice