Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Revised New Class Contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMadrid View Post
    Why's everone thinkin of tank/ DPS classes :/ the thread seems dead :/
    Please read mine. Mine has been made to be both a solo madhouse or as a wonderful 2ndary support character.
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTalons View Post
    Please read mine. Mine has been made to be both a solo madhouse or as a wonderful 2ndary support character.
    Wow O.O your storyline is VERY detailed and imaginative = =" but if he solo'd all the bosses.. wouldn't that make him too overpowered ?

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Alien Psion

Among the alien invaders are also those who do not agree with the Overlord. These aliens are from the underground, the resistance. You have met one of them already. Sizoo. But there are more.
    Now, they are out in force and have come into the open. They are now ready to join the Alterrans. These aliens have special powers. Powers of the mind that enabled them to remain hidden while living among their hated enemies.
    From now, they will use these powers to help the other defenders of Alterra.

Name: Psion
    Race: Alien
    Stat: Mind
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Wands
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities?
    This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.):

For storyline and special abilities type, see above. They look the same as the blue and yellow aliens, only now that they are in open revolt have assumed a different color: grey. These greys can befuddle the minds of their enemies, improve the abilities of their allies (buffs increasing the effectiveness of attacks en skills, not HP/Armor, that is for the enchantress). Their attack powers are ranged spells. Either debuffs on enemies or stunning them. Other attack spells are ranged single enemy attacks. Hit points more in line with enchantress. M/s is important to recover mana quickly, will rely mainly on 'spells' to operate rather than weapons.
    Sample powers:
    - Feeblemind: slows enemies temporarily, reducing the speed of their attacks, movement etc.
    - Mindscream: stuns enemies in a 12 m radius. Improving the skill reduces mana spent and increases time of stun
    - Mindstrike: direct damage attack dealing damage to enemy. Damage is relatively low, but pierces directly through armor (it attacks the mind rather than the physical state)
    - Mindblast: blast damage, but at range. I.e. centered on impact point (either at max range of 12 m, or centered around targeted mob/boss) does damage in 6 m range
    - Mindquake: powerful shockblast centered on PC pushing away enemy mobs/bosses. Does moderate damage in the process. 6m range.
    - Morale Boost: improves confidence of allies within range. In terms of game effect, skills act as though one level higher or with X% improvement in effects. Hit % is also increased.
    - Heighten senses: allies (and self) are more aware of the environment and see attacks coming better / better to attack enemies. This improves dodge and crit %.
    - Phase out: makes the PC not be there for short period of time. During this time the PC cannot attack / cast spells, but is also immune to enemy attacks (including boss specials such as Gurgox shout etc.) Added benefit, aggro is removed
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage): support role with decent damage capabilities
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: BrainCap of Deep Thoughts, Shimmering Robe Deep Thoughts, Scintallating Wand of Deep Thoughts
    One possible vanity: Crown of Mind Control
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Thufir Hawat
    Why do you think your class should be made? Would be a good supplement to the existing mix. Relatively simple to make (Aliens are already in the game). Good reason for coming in late into the game.
    State ATLEAST 3 points as to how this class would help run dungeons and support other classes as well as performing in PVP:
    1. good support with different types of buffs then the enchantress
    2. good support role in debuffing / stunning enemies so others can close in for kill
    3. decent direct damage so solo is viable option, shielding / evading powers are also useful for survivablility
    4. in PVP able to evade powerful enemy attacks (if timing is good) and so has a good chance to kite / wear down other PC's
    Also, then add a small paragraph(3 sentences) explaining why your class is good.
    This class fills a niche not yet taken. Has very little overlap with the other classes. It is also more of a spellthrower (M/s is important), bringing some balance there. Fits nicely into the storyline. What more do you want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Here's a little doodle to convince the remaining oyster nay-sayers...

Now where's my money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Here's a little doodle to convince the remaining oyster nay-sayers...

Now where's my money!
    Dude that just.....

ROCKS MA SOCKS OFF!!!!
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow O.O your storyline is VERY detailed and imaginative = =" but if he solo'd all the bosses.. wouldn't that make him too overpowered ?
    Thanks. I had thought about that but in my opinion, he is a special character and you would have to be pretty uber already to be able to get him in the first place so in my mind......getting him is kind of like a CoP in character form.

As far as being overpowered, I think I will tone down my ideas for some of his powers. Granted this is still just a contest and if the developers like it, they can do whatever they want to the Pumas skills, whether to nerf it down or strengthen it as they see fit or change powers around altogether.

Im putting a picture this week also to but wow my drawing skills suxx. haha..

An alien idea!!! Nice one there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Reserved for my entry lol, this should be fun.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Trickster (Fox)

Stat: AGILITY/SPEED

Weapon Type Used: Fork, Spoon, Whips

Description:
    The Trickster looks like a sneaky fox. She is tinier than the other inhabitants of Alterra. And not very welcome by some of them due her pickpocketing skills. However, she is always welcome in group games, as her pickpocket skills (which take unfortunately a long cool down time) might have the mob or boss drop something from their pocket. She has various skills, like shape shifting, invisibility and as already mentioned pick pocketing. Also, she has group effects like STR+ and Armor+ due her good and positive humor. Also, she has a skill of SPEED, that allows her for a little while do perform similar to the speed elixir. The shape shifting skills can create lots of confusion with the enemy, and helps her sometimes, as she is quick, but weak.

Specialized in: group effects support/boosts and item drops

One possible pink weapon set for this class:

* Helmet: Cooking Pot
    * Weapon: Fork of good drops
    * Armor: Invisible cloak
    * Shield: Frying Pan

One possible vanity: hat of 100 tricks (pointy little hat that give the Trickster an almost translucent look, and adds to her agility), randomly shape shift in town

If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Pocketella

Why do you think your class should be made?
    Run dungeons/support other/performing PVP:

1. group stats booster
    2. increase group luck for a mob/boss drop
    3. confusion/slowness on mob

Why this class is good:
    Some players do not have the hours of farming or the money to purchase the nice items. A lil luck like this would be definitely welcomed. Also, this character is very nice, because it give many group boosts. And it adds lots of fun via shape shifting or other fun things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When does the contest officially end ?

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

When does the contest officially end ?
    halloween.

any word of a prize yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baumina View Post
    Name: Trickster (Fox)

Stat: AGILITY/SPEED

Weapon Type Used: Fork, Spoon, Whips

Description:
    The Trickster looks like a sneaky fox.
    My little one likes Dora and the first thing I thought was "SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!!...Awww man!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTalons View Post
    My little one likes Dora and the first thing I thought was "SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!!...Awww man!"
    I thought I was the only one thinking that lol. My son use to watch that show religiously.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You should get plat prizes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Alright, you can start sending entries in a PM to me. Only one per person. Also, please mark the subject as : Contest Entry. Deadline to send in is 10/25/2011. I will then leave a week for votes and then announce the prize.
    11 days is all you have! Hurry! You can start sending them now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

racoon-special ops
    stealth
    claws and explosives
    the racoons have been searching through alterran garbage and finally now is their time to shine they have built super stealthy items they may even become a class these stealthy creatures now exactly when they have to do something and where they comunicate by throwing flares up in the air one by one a long wait until second flare means incoming enemy they have been planning for years and now they are gonna become the number 1 class of all time
    super stealthy hood of the racoons
    thief in the night suit of the fast
    leapord claws of the strong
    pink grenade of the SEXY
    sexystealth
    i think we needthis because the bird archer doesnt do enough damage so this is a mix of str and dex
    -racoons would be good for loot runs because they can go long ranged with grenades and deal high damagae also has a long reach from the explosion
    -raccons can use their claws by backstabing an enemy there is a 20% instant kill on normal enemys but canot instant kill bosses but deal great damage
    -they have an invisibility power wich lets them sneak around enemys to take them out from behind and help their friend get past
    invisibility let you go behind enemys withou being spotted
    flare time rapidly throws flares in the air blinding the enemys
    mine time the racoon puts a mine in the ground and obviously explodes when enemy steps on it
    garbage breath the racoon breaths allover the enemys and stuns them also doing a bit of damage
    teleportation say your groups gets lost teleportation brings all the players to where the user is
    last but not least ninja gonna getchya the racoon randomly turns into a ninja raccon and instant kills the nearest 10 enemys doesnt work on bosses but deals great deal of damage

if this post was helpfull and other stuff that deserves it please thank and plz check out my helm design contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default The Tiger shapeshifter :D

Ok guys, here is my class idea:

CREATURE: Tiger
    NEW STAT: Sneakery (Sn) for short
    SPECIAL ABILITY: Able to shapeshift, or to look like someone else.
    WEAPONS USED: Shadow weapons. Ex: , Slingshot, 2handed blaster, pistol, etc. All of these weapons are black, and are comepletely dipped and bathed in the unknown shadow liquid, a mysterious substance that only can be found in the portals on each location in Alterra to enter a PvE dungeon.
    HISTORY: Alterra is just one of 3 or 4 islands in the ocean. On the farthest most smallest island out of sight of any bear bird or mage, lies the island of Anterral. On this island lies a series of small villages. In these villages, the shadow crystals are found by the tigers, and they mine them up, unlocking an ancient power nobody in Alterra or Blackstar has ever known about. Taking this power, they are no longer ordinary tigers... But have the ability to shape shift.
    One stormy night, on the island of Anterral, and evil witch known to Alterrans as "Silknight the Sorceress" rises up after gaining too much power from shadow crystals and the shadow liquid. She took over all the villages, and forced the tigers to work. Knowing they could not escape her wrath, they shapeshifted into Silknight's henchman, and sneakily boarded boats to the only safe place they knew: Alterra. Of course, the witch had expected this, and also came to Alterra, to search for them. since Anterral island is southwest of the island, the tigers sailed northeast, and eventually landed on the shores of Forest Haven. Knowing Silknight was coming, they hid amongst the trees, not wanting to be slaves again. Silknight interfered with the Heroes training by going mad to take over Forest Haven to find the tigers. Luckily, the tigers were relieved, and the bears birds and elves worked together to kill this intruder. After forest Haven was safe, they emerged, and trained as well. This is how the Alterrans know them today.
    Possible battle skills:
    HERIOC ROAR: Causes enemies to cower in fear for 3 seconds, then come and fight you again
    SHAPESHIFT: Makes your character change into the target that is selected. Does not work, or fool bosses. This skills allows the tiger to walk through all defenses, as long as you look like your enemy. Must have a target selected to use.
    SHADOW TRAP: When an enemy walks over it, it engulfs them in a shadowy death. With bosses, it does shadow damage over time.
    ARMOR DISINTEGRATE: Mainly used in PvP and bosses. It removes any current armor buffs and deals a small amount of damage ti the enemy. For example, it would remove a mages mana shield
    SUMMON SHADOW SWORDSMAN: This summons a completely dark and covered-in-black swordsman. It draws away attention to enemies, and has its own set of health. Amount of health: 150. Amount increases as you upgrade this skill with skill points. Maximun health amount: 300.
    REFRESH: This skill heals you and your mana about 100, then recharges for 15 seconds.
    And other simple attacks, such as lunge, jab, slice, etc.
    PINK "SN" SET: The Disguise set:
    "Shapeshifter's Pistol (One handed) of disguise"
    "Tiger's jeweled buckler of disguise"
    "Killah's Dark hood of disuise"
    "Killah's shadow armor of diguise"
    VANITY ITEM:
    "Crystal shield of the black flame"
    "Crystal helm of the black flame"
    TIPS FOR PvP:
    1. The main tiger combo: Use the Heroic scream skill, then, while they are cowering, use the shadow trap on them. This will amplify the damage, and look epic at the same time =).
    2. Archers are your enemy! Their arrows can pierce you, and will weaken your strength armor, and will make you slower!
    3. Easiest kill: Bear warriors. Why? Because when they pull you in, they sense the shadow shapeshifting power within you, and the combo is reversed, and they are harmed by their own combo. Otherwise, shadow weapons are more effective on them then archers or mages.
    BOSS FIGHTING TIPS:
    1. This class does not buff. So, you work with your group, and can solo bosses if needed.
    2. Soloing the bosses is not suggested, but it is possible, because the shadow damage and the "Sneakery" stat is a mystery to them, and do not know how to deal with it.
    3. The "Refresh" skill has only a one second cool down, and if you MUST solo a boss, please use that skill! SO helpful!
    Devs, I really think you guys should use this, becuase since it has no buffs, you must work together to accomplish things, but you can also do them by themselves. I also think it's pretty cool becuase of the new damage i created, and everyone would want to find out how to harness the shadow shape-shifting power.
    If I made one of these tiger characters, I would usually take a random name and tweek it to my liking. Usually I don't pay TOO much attention to the names. Or I may come up with some sort of mideviel name like "Alderoth" xD or something. Hope you enjoyed it!

-Mastercon
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Alright, you can start sending entries in a PM to me. Only one per person. Also, please mark the subject as : Contest Entry. Deadline to send in is 10/25/2011. I will then leave a week for votes and then announce the prize.
    11 days is all you have! Hurry! You can start sending them now.
    mine is already on here (my only entry) do I still have to send?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put some icon ideas and still am working on some drawing renders of my Puma. I dont imagine id have to resend. Im just editing my original post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The lizard.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Yeah I've gotten several entries in.
    If people don't read it in time I can always go back through the contest thread and read the entries on here.