Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Turtle - shaman
    Wisdom
    Weapons:magical gloves and totems
    Description: the old turtles of alterra they have a long longevity thanks to not just there species but there magic they gain power from experiences and wisdom they have the powers and knowledge to bend the world to there needs to heal with herbs and heal over time with water burn with fire and electrify with lighting speed up with air and toughen with earth they can use magical powers natural but yet...unatural they have alot of boost but there down fall is there damage they can do formidable damage that just suffices but all that is repleaced with there survavibility
    Speciality:support
    Possible pink weapon:glyphs glove of the darkness
    Possible pink armor: glyphs cloth of the wise
    Possible pink sheild:glyphs tome of the dark spells
    Possible pink helm :glyph cap of nuri's nightmare
    Possible vanity alaskan totem of wilderness
    Phoenixdoc
    I think we need this char for the reason that mage doesnt really cover he ehole area of support just a lil glympse of it
    •shamans would be good for PvE for the reason that it can survive and heal buffing up its allies it doesnt mean it cant do it by itself as it can heal and wither oponents down with nature power
    •shamans can have a fair chance at pvp by healing and using hots buffing up its defense and power and use nature attacks to hurt opponents
    •shamans are good for boss fights as they can debuff thrm and buff there allies making it a easier fight for everybody

-Phoenix ARMADA
    You described a Necromancer. Not a bad idea at all, but I think you might have mixed up your variations of the magic based character. I'll post some below and you browse them. Again, no criticism to your idea, just a name change.

Shaman - Nature based magic.
    Necromancer - Evil/Dark based magic.
    Priest - Healing, buffing
    Dark Priest - Buffing with hexes, draining HP for heals
    Arcane Mage - Energy/surreal magic.
    Warlock - Summoning, nightmare arts
    I think you get the idea but everything you said was a great idea but the name needs to be fixed is all.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoobianOfAlterra View Post
    Here's my entry!

Class: Ninja
    Weapon: class specific dual wield weapons and shurikens, cannot use ranged weapons
    Stat: Agility, best stat for dodge and every 100 stat points increase move speed by 1.2

Here is a sketch by a friend and he gave me the permission to use it, but if it's not allowed I'll draw my own
    Attachment 1233

History:

Since the ancient times of Alterra a group of humans lived deep within the area of Dark Forest. As soon as they were born they would be trained to their very limits, to cover their disadvantage of nature skills from other races (bird, bear, mage). As they improved over time, they formed a squad of the very most elite ninjas and maintained peace. The secret squad destroyed half the Alien's defenses before the heroes got there, and quietly went back in to the shadows like they always do. Though currently they are facing a crisis, the force of the entire vampire race has surrounded them on Mount Fang. Many heroes are on the way but

In PVE, they are like the scouts who runs ahead of tanks and debuffs the enemies while on the dodge buffs, than running back behind the tanks and dealing damage and procs to the mob group. They're weapon stats consists mainly of crit, aoe debuff procs and health regen.

Skills~
    Buffs: a speed buff, a regen buff, a dodge buff and a crit buff
    Attack: Multiple slashes of sword, a propelling skills that shoots the player 10m ahead, shoots shurikens with bleed proc
    Debuffs: (aoe) a root-like debuff, (aoe) -h/s, -m/s, dodge debuff, hit debuff, (aoe) speed slow debuff, armor debuff

Advantages:
    Ninjas are agile and hard to hit. They may use their skills to zoom in and out your skill range to attack and dodge, and once up close they are extremely deadly. They have good survivability as well, with dodge buffs and can run away from danger zones fast. They also debuff you like crazy, so if you don't dodge their debuffs in pvp you would be doomed

Disadvantages:
    Attacks limited due to most of their skills being 4-8m and no skills at 12m, if skills aren't timed correctly, they could be kited easily. Also knockback skills if hit, are deadly to them as they will be vulnerable to attacks and unable to fight back. They cannot use range weapons or they would be OP .

Icons and names for some skills:

Ending slash (slash) Supreme Evasion (dodge buff) Nature Release (regen)
    Maximum Propel (propelling) Shriken Dance (shoot shuriken with bleed proc)

The above are some ideas for skill icons.

Specialized in(tank, support, damage): Support and damage
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Glyph Elusive Silk Helm of Darkness , Glyph Elusive Dual Piercers of Darkness, Glyph Elusive Evading Armor of Darkness
    One possible vanity: Evil Shadow Mask e.g.
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Kakashi (from Naruto )
    Why do you think your class should be made? It is a all-around class and is unique in skills, stats, equips and how to play, and is balanced and Pocket Legends is a bit too cartoonish IMO, so this cool character is perfect to attract more people to play!

Overall, Ninjas are a stealthy class and is the hardest to use of all classes, but are extremely powerful if you can use them to their full extent. They are an all around class, with good defense, offense and what really shines are their debuffs. They are the future kings of pvp!

Hope you like it!
    You ninja'd me. I was posting something close to identical to this. Thief. Haha.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Bleh, didn't notice someone already posted a turtle. And I thought my idea was so cool and original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

1 word "oyster class". Contest over, where's my prize?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    It's 2 words!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    It's 2 words!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! victory for Mr. Stompartist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    Name: Monk/Brawler/Frog
    New Stat: Chi - Required for new weapon types. Chi Directly affects H/S, M/S.
    Weapon Type Used: Fists/Boxing Gloves/Claws/Guantlets/Staves [Leaning more towards defense vs. offense. Dps mainly obtained through skills, some exceptions would apply such as the use of poisonous
    claws for example].
    Description: "Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment." - Morihei Ueshiba
    Monks are the masters of hand-to-hand combat relying on their martial arts training to see them through difficult times. The Monk is the only class that has the ability to perform several mini combos (not necessarily the same existing combos) without the assistance of the other three classes, sacrificing large ammounts of both health and mana to perform such feats (think of a long chain of skills in which dps escalates vs. large spike damage). The Monk can also buff his party by increasing dodge, Hit%, H/S, or M/S in return, losing health and mana regen for these types of buffs. They also have several types of immunity like abilties that negate debuffs such as slow, root, dots, etc, and can counter an enemies attack. Without the proper timing or use of their skills, the Monk will quickly find themselves at deaths door, but if they can practice self restraint and discipline they will become a useful allies against the foes of Alterra.
    Specialized in: None.
    Key Points: [Non-AoE Abilties] [Combo Masters] [Sacrificial Skills] [No Self Heals] [Counter Attack Abilities]
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Wart Tattoos of the Toad, Wart Knuckles of the Toad, Wart Arm Wraps of the Toad or Knuckles, and Wart Robes of the Toad.
    One possible vanity: Bug Necklace (Dragonfly, Spider, Fly, etc).
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Fenghuang.
    Why do you think your class should be made?
    1. Extra buffs that work along the side of other class buffs (always a plus in my book).
    2. This class adds a chess game feel and brings a whole new layer to the game. This class is more catered towards the seasoned Pocket Legends player, but anyone could pickup this class so long as they abide by the whole Yin & Yang concept.
    3. In PvP I imagine this class being, who does what and when. The Monk is going to have predict what the other player is going to do and adjust accordingly in order to win. While the other player is monitoring the health of the Monk waiting for that crucial moment to strike.
    4. AND it's a freaking FROG, hello!!
    For the most part I believe I hit all the main reasons why I would love to have this class in the game. Really I wrote this up to start the juices flowing for other contestants and I'm interested
    to read the other entries. I probably should of been more specifics on all the abilities but it's enough right now to get an overall idea (I may update later).

Some of my other ideas I was thinking of using; Races: Fox, Frog, Wolf, Newt/Salamander, Lynx, Turtle, and an Ayeaye. Classes: Frog Monk Fist, Fox Theif Traps, Newt/Salamander Bard.

I was working on a combo guide and I was reading about this contest and I was instantly inspired by this classic character!

Attachment 1225
    I think this is totally doable. I wouldn't mind making a frog/monk or something similar to this. Cool
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    I think this is totally doable. I wouldn't mind making a frog/monk or something similar to this. Cool
    It's actually very doable, IMO. I think it could be done if STS really, really wanted to. This is a great idea and would open the game a lot more. AND they'd have to make a whole new set of everything!
    Neffyy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill be editing this as soon as I can get a drawing up there. Im not really all that good anymore at drawing. Ive thought about this for a while and I havent thought up all the skills yet. But do consider this.

Class: Puma (preferably black)

Specialty: Variable (depending on what stat/skill you wish to put points in)

Why should it be made?: Creates a deeper storyline with one of the most popular areas in PL, the Alien Oasis. Character is a type of "Prize" not to be given away easily.

Background story: When the Aliens first landed on Alterra ages ago, much was used by them to subjugate the populace of the Oasis. Those that could not be bribed or bought into joining their cause were either forced through pain or mind manipulation.

One by one they all fell, from the once mighty Djinn's to even the gods Anubis and Seth...all succumbed to the alien horde....all save one...The Puma

The Puma was the high priest of the temples of the Cat Gods, Sekhmet and Bast , who had trained his mind and body throughout his life in order to serve the people of the Oasis.

Using his incredible abilities, he staged a one-creature war against the aliens which incredibly, lasted for several months. The Puma was eventually pushed back deep into the recesses of the pyramids by the combined forces of the Executioner, the Keeper and the Overlord. Though they could not kill him without risking their own demise in the process, they found a way to strip most of his power and locked him away within a sarcophagus never to be seen again.

Time has passed, and the Puma, bowed but not broken, continued to struggle within the confines of his prison. Slowly, he started to gain some of his lost power and had managed to tap into the spirits of the land to communicate with the people above......

Enter present day...And the Ghost of Malik has recently had dreams he wishes to share with his friend Jones....one that will have a lasting affect on all Alterra...

How to GET the Puma.

QUEST: Must defeat 10 High level Alien Bosses SOLO (Each boss will have a piece of a hieroglyphic "map" puzzle). Quest given by first talking to Ghost of Malik. Then after killing Bosses, a 2nd Quest given by Jones to FIND where the Puma is. (if found, you don't need to pay Platinum to have an extra slot..i'm sure it'll be tough enough using elix pots to solo the bosses). I was thinking the hiding spot is a new is a place deep, deep within the museum itself. Solo or Group (if theyve done the first part of the quest)...I dont know yet. Would depend on the difficulty of the Boss (Yes a new boss should be made - an Alien Sentry-type)

STAT SET: All stats help out respectively, however skill damage based on DEX or INT increases (Do you want a magic or handtohand type of Puma?)

Weapon Items: Mastery with dual Swords/Daggers and the Scythe / Staff
    Bonus!!!: Wearing anything Egyptian will give said items a 10% boost all around in its stats
    EXTRA BONUS!!: When Puma is at level 60 and above, ALL items worn have increased abilities by 10%

Item set name Suffix - "Forgotten Priest": Daggers, Scythes, Staves, Bows, Scarab Shields, Cowls, and Linens (Body armor)

Vanity Set - PHARAOH SET : #1BODY VANITY ! - Pharaohs Garb - A Jewel and gold encrusted Collar and Armlets while wearing a linen skirt (for the effeminate characters it will also have a linen cloth that covers the chest area
    #2 - Pharaohs Crown - When worn, it whitens out the eyes of your character and also adds a black outline to their eyes, giving a divine god-like look.

Some of his skill arsenal and ideas for duration/cooldown.

PHYSICAL SET

Feral Pounce - In a blur, Puma quickly thrusts forward to surprise target (Physical damage and knockback and stun up to 3 seconds at max level) - 5 sec cooldown
    Bladed Swipe - Puma arcs weapon in front of him to slash enemies. (Damages enemies within in a half circle radius) - 5 second cooldown.
    Hunting Prey - Speed/dodge up for Puma (Up to 3x Speed and 24% dodge at max level for 48 secs. ) - 1 min cooldown
    Sekhmet's Blessing - Party's Armor and Health/Mana Regen Increase (up to 24% armor value and 12 H&M/S increase at max Level for 30 secs.) - 1 min cooldown
    Bast's Blessing - Party's Speed/DPS and Hit/Crit Increase (up to 3x Speed, 30% Hit, 30% Crit at Max level for 30 secs.) - 1 min cooldown also
    Reversal of Fortune - DPS/armor switch - Pumas DPS and Armor switch values (6 secs. per skill level) - 1 minute cooldown

SPELL SET

Dust Storm - AOE Attack. (Hit rate debuffer) - 7 second cooldown
    Scarab Swarm - Single target. A horde of beetles attack to eat your opponent. Bleeding Proc. - 5 Second cooldown
    Harbinger - Puma howls causing a Fear inducing AOE spell (Armor and Dodge reducing skill) - 7 second cooldown
    DreamReaper - LifeStealer AOE - Combos with Harbinger for more lifesteal/damage - 7 second cooldown
    Call from the Dead - Single Target. Hands of the dead spring up from the ground freezing and damaging opponent. - 10 second cooldown.
    Ankh Revival - Revives ally to full power but at cost of your life/mana (85% of your current mana/life up to 25% mana/life at max level) - 15 sec cooldown.

Some Skill icon ideas I got from using MS Word Clip art and some photos from the web...

Rendition of him that I drew and used MS paint to simply color

To be Continued..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CrimsonTalons; 10-30-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Puma rendition
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

That puma idea is pretty sweet man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

CrimsonTalons killer story, I'm so jelly right now lol. So in a sense it's a necro in a furry kinda way, sweeeeeet.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks Orcish. Im trying to not make him too much of an uber-character so that thers still some kind of balance between him and the other characters.

Hey I can never see you on for those SHadow Runs....hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTalons View Post
    thanks Orcish. Im trying to not make him too much of an uber-character so that thers still some kind of balance between him and the other characters.

Hey I can never see you on for those SHadow Runs....hehe
    *sigh* ya I try to get on when I can but I've been busy as of late.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice one crimson

Citra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    It's actually very doable, IMO. I think it could be done if STS really, really wanted to. This is a great idea and would open the game a lot more. AND they'd have to make a whole new set of everything!
    Absolutely! I'm excited already! Lol
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I really appreciate the support, this has been a very fun thread to read. Keep it coming everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    CrimsonTalons killer story, I'm so jelly right now lol. So in a sense it's a necro in a furry kinda way, sweeeeeet.
    Someone call me?

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Great few entries so far!
    Keep them coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Please don't let the thread die like the last one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im wondering what the prize will be? nd if there can be more than one winner. I like the martial arts idea myself. (wanted to try to add to my puma a "No Weapon" ability...still working on it)