Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revised New Class Contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Can i add new entries just for fun cause i like doing this :P
    If i cant ill erase here goes (if i mention anything thats based like yours then i will delete it O.o yes i will)
    NameRAGON/GUARDIAN
    Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX):Spirit (mostly adds on health mana pools defense dmg and crit
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword):swipe sticks (it moves like a sword but it shoots a slash of in this case fire
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities? This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.):BACKGROUND:Long long ago lived guardians....the guardians that guided alterra from the evil hands of........Professor Yvual a mad man they where unkown to the other races of alterra cloaking themselves with magic suddenly a mass mob of evil came upon them whiping almost all of them out fighting valiantly so to keep the legacy of the dragon they told there kids to march to the hidden lands and well hide, to keep there legacy on and master the powers of a guardian, and so.....they didAfter years of training the dragons were tired of living a shadowy life they were proud of themselves so showed themselves to alterra fighting with powers of defense and arcane like power
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage):long range tanking (commando style)
    One possible pink weapon set for this class:
    Helm:drago's glyphed dragonskin cap
    Armor:drago's glyphed dragon skin
    Weapon:drago's glyph flame sword
    Sheild:drago's glyphed drago scale
    One possible vanity:golden horns helm
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it?phoenixdrago
    Why do you think your class should be made?
    A tank that has 3/4 tankability of a bear but with a long range power of beckon damage and long range crowd control would be effective for the enemy to never land a hit or bring long raged opponents to a vulnarable distance
    (State ATLEAST 3 points as to how this class would help run dungeons and support other classes as well as performing in PVP. Also, then add a small paragraph(3 sentences) explaining why your class is good.)
    •It will help run dungeons because bear have high tankibility but are weak to tanking long range repulsers that why guardians are here to tank long ranged it has some trouble with melee though
    •it would be good for pvp because unlike the bear it can deal more damage and crowd control from far but it will have less defense
    •it has powerful means of crowd control and damaga
    SKILLS
    •dragon breath:the user shoots flames that damage and stops opponents 25% stun moderate damage
    •drago roar:a mghty roar peircing the ears of opponents AoE around user 50%knockdown
    Moderate damage
    •guardians sheilduts a sheild around itself and its team buffing there armor and h/s
    •intimidation:a scary glare weakining all opponents staring cone debuff -dmg -dodge -hit
    •explosion:builds up power on opponent creating a dot even if target dead it explodes high damage
    •worldly push:a powerful push around the user AoE around user pushes all opponents in range deals moderate damage
    •spacial colapsation:colapse space around opponent creating a pull around target AoE around target pulls anthing sourounding target and dealing high damage
    •Brb
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 09-30-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    You described a Necromancer. Not a bad idea at all, but I think you might have mixed up your variations of the magic based character. I'll post some below and you browse them. Again, no criticism to your idea, just a name change.

Shaman - Nature based magic.
    Necromancer - Evil/Dark based magic.
    Priest - Healing, buffing
    Dark Priest - Buffing with hexes, draining HP for heals
    Arcane Mage - Energy/surreal magic.
    Warlock - Summoning, nightmare arts
    I think you get the idea but everything you said was a great idea but the name needs to be fixed is all.
    Sorry for double posting read the description lol it uses nature attacks fire water lighting air earth :P
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'll add a new rule:
    You can submit whichever ones you want.
    Please send your final entry to me after October 15th. This should give you some time to think about which one to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Rofl with the glyphs dropping for me.........hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Lol :P this thread seem kinda dead or ppl thinking probable should bring it up for others dont dig
    Im still staying with the turtle on im just bored :P
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think theyre enjoying the game so much to really put a lot of thought into a new character. I myself am working on the artwork and all the rest of the requirements that for my characterthat whirl is asking to see (ie a new Stat? A pink new weapon set, a Vanity etc)

Hey a vanity!! Hmm that gives me an idea to add in..
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

heh,
    Greater Mimic (species genus: varitus omega) Lifespan undetermined.
    The ubiquitus doplegangar native to all rpgs.
    Background, a naturally peacefull species that normally relies on camoflage to avoid conflict, the mimic has allways existed amoung us. With the arrival of the aliens most mimics seemed to disapear alltogether, the truth is many of their eldars had infiltrated most if not all races/species quietly gathering information & plotting. With the arival of Nuri some of their kind fell prey to the madness & had fought with their own kind, innadvertantly prompting all mimics to band together with all free peacefull species & spread the word of the great DEVS, " be nice, have fun"
    In game terms this would look like a solid colored humanoid ( meybe color can slowly change) except for equiped items. The auto attack button would have the effect of cloning the nearest enemy in appearance but odd colored. By doing that you would gain the attack of that toon in appearance & effect ( be it mele or range ) but would work off your lev. & stats. So your role is as what you clone. Items would become interesting " lets see in lions den most enemies have mele weps so thats what ill equip here.."
    The most popular wep will be "talon wing/shield" sub names at will eg. shuriken, thrown hand ax, parrying dagar ect..
    some skill ideas "spawn" would create a shadow clone of you that attacks once then takes a hit for you & dies. "mock skill" would recreate cloned enemies special abilities, two mimics would be able to use enemy combos like"gravestonned". "megaspawn" skill is like spawn but small survivability %. "shoes untied" has good chance of stun but does no damage. "ropeadope" makes a spawn with taunt does nothing but takes one for the team. "psychic" small mana regen. & more buffs...
    Mimics could put stats anywhere giving them the option of any items builds, so no need of a new power source/stat name.
    Might name him Mrmime, or YOU, or frendlyfire, or Rorschac, or Dooplegangsta.
    Special pink? mirror shield, or Stanislavs costume which allows toon to allways look like enemy in town, or buddy shirt-sport it & look like your friend! another special property would be that they could rock ALL class specific vanities!
    Oh and mimics loved to eat oysters so much they drove them to extintion, so there, drop it.
    Why should They be made? They have, there hiding in plain sight, I just want to play one. Besides this contest ends right about when holloween events might start, & us poor kids wont need to pay for costumes.
    forgive typos- the more creative i am the more out of touch with reality i get.
    cheers brethren,
    a boy names Sue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the frog char. And the puma. And the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTalons View Post
    When the Aliens first landed on Alterra ages ago, much was used by them to subjugate the populace of the Oasis. Those that could not be bribed or bought into joining their cause were either forced through pain or mind manipulation.

One by one they all fell, from the once mighty Djinn's to even the gods Anubis and Seth...all succumbed to the alien horde....all save one...The Puma

The Puma was the high priest of the temples of the Cat Gods, Sekhmet and Bast , who had trained his mind and body throughout his life in order to serve the people of the Oasis.

Using his incredible abilities, he staged a one-creature war against the aliens which incredibly, lasted for several months. The Puma was eventually pushed back deep into the recesses of the pyramids by the combined forces of the Executioner, the Keeper and the Overlord. Though they could not kill him without risking their own demise in the process, they found a way to strip most of his power and locked him away within a sarcophagus never to be seen again.

Time has passed, and the Puma, bowed but not broken, continued to struggle within the confines of his prison. Slowly, he started to gain some of his lost power and had managed to tap into the spirits of the land to communicate with the people above......

Enter present day...And the Ghost of Malik has recently had dreams he wishes to share with his friend Jones....one that will have a lasting affect on all Alterra...
    Mad awesome story right here. Amazing job, CrimsonTalons!
    Level 35 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Still working on mine.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Sill have a motnh for submisions'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Why hasn't anyone thought of this yet ...

i mean.. every MMO has this ..

Name: Druid. Its representing animal should be a deer. symbolizing peace(Melee, since there's already 2 ranged and only 1 melee)
    Stat: Vitality (a stat that provides extra attack speed)
    Weapons used: Gloves, circles

Description: The deers, who are demigods of nature, helps enforces the laws of the Elf Queen. Sworn to protect the nature from all darkness, the deers came out of forest haven and decided to drive the forces of darkness back to where it came from. They have amazing recuperative abilities and transforming skills to turn themselves into their true form. At higher levels, the druids are a force to be reckoned with. They have incredible regeneration rate, and yet their attack speed makes up for their low damage output per attack. The deers have a large number of self attack speed/ transformation buffs as well as a 5 regeneration buffs. When the druids are in normal form, they are quite durable and able to take quite some damage (it will not tank as good as a warrior though). While when they are in deer form, their advantage should be their insane attack speed, dishing out a large number of damages at to a single target. Their bread and butter should be the formidable "true form" skill. Granting them a new look, and incredible stats for a very short period of time.

Pros
    +They should morph between DPS and tank easily
    +They can deal a huge amount of damage in a short period of time.
    +They are the only class that relies on their normal attack as their main damage output while all the rest of the skills are buffs/debuffs

Cons
    -True form should only last only about 5 to 15 seconds. (Edit:  Or.. the true form drains mana per second.  When the user's mana run out, then the bear form  runs out. Players cannot use mana pots during bear  form)
    -When they come out of deer form, there should be a 5 second period when all damages towards them is multiplied by 1.5 and reducing their damage by 60% making them extremely vulnerable.

Specializes: Transformation and supporting with skills such as transforming themselves into their true form (which is a deer form of druid) and buffing hp/mp regeneration buffs(not healing, but higher regeneration)

possible pink weapons: Nature's warm glove, Mother Earth's Glove of haste

One possible vanity: Cape of Nature (an item that is classified as a vanity shield, but its a shield with a tree symbol at the back of it)

Why is Druids going to be good ? Simply because of the fact that we need a new type of class. It'll be enjoyable to experience a class that is able to morph from a tank to a DPS (and vice versa) without the need to respec attribute points. Players that like tanking can choose not to skill their transformation skill and can choose to stay in druid form while players that like DPS can choose to skill the transform skill (which will increases its duration 1 second per lvl) They are going to be a very fun class to play. Their buffs should be multi-targeted buffs that gives hp/mp regeneration, which will help their teammates by covering the regeneration buffs enchantresses missed.

PvP: Player verses player will be a major attraction to the druid class. An experienced druid player will dish out a large amount of damage during their true form, seriously wounding (or even killing) the opponent, and run away to hide from attack during the side effect of true form. At the same time, a druid's opponent should be trying to immobilize and stunning the druid to take advantage of their side-effect. It will be a great class to play and to play against in PvP.
    Last edited by LoveMadrid; 10-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I'll add a new rule:
    You can submit whichever ones you want.
    Please send your final entry to me after October 15th. This should give you some time to think about which one to use.
    I only got one O.O does that mean i still have to send it to you after 15th of Octobor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can I upload photos to here? If I put them into my facebook account, is there a way I can link the photos?

Im not a pro with online storage and things...
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

The druid is a nice idea!
    @Crimson: Go to Photobucket, upload your photos to there, take the IMG code and paste it on a post.
    It should make the photo show up.
    Keep on making submissions! Still have a little UNDER a month left!
    Prize shall be announced on last week to deadline to "attract" more last minute entries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    The druid is a nice idea!
    @Crimson: Go to Photobucket, upload your photos to there, take the IMG code and paste it on a post.
    It should make the photo show up.
    Keep on making submissions! Still have a little UNDER a month left!
    Prize shall be announced on last week to deadline to "attract" more last minute entries.
    So do we have to submit a final entry to u on the 15th of Octobor ..? Even if we only got one entry ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Monk(ey)

First some ruminations.... The game already has a mage, which is already fairly allround. On the one hand, another spellcaster would seem logical against the two physical combatants, but I had trouble thinking of a good niche. So. Back to the physical combatants. We have the Bear/STR/Tank stereotype and the Bird/DEX/ranged combatant. What we miss is a close in but sneaky 'thief' like stereotype.

Lets consider a race: we need something relatively mundane, to be comparable to the Bear and the Avian. No dragons etc. A real world creature that already has a natural link with the class/powers in mind: the monkey! Jumping around, bouncing into and out of the fight. And a class name? Monk (and Monkey) sound better then 'thief' or some similar class title. It's a bit more friendly sounding. So:

Name: Monk (Race: Monkey)

As to a new stat. Well, the monks have this mond over matter stuff. Chi is a good one, but keeping it in 'normal' English, I choose to call it 'Spirit' (SPI). So:

Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX): SPIrit

Being a monk / ninja type dude, lets break out the whole ninjitsu / martial arts weapons locker. So:

Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Bo stick, nunchucks, sai, shuriken etc. etc. Maybe with a choice of 'blunt' weapons that do additional damage to armored opponents and light piercing type weapons that do extra damage against bosses. Also a choice of thrown versus handheld weapons... that would give the class some nice versatility of build types...

Next:

Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities?
    This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.):

Well, deep in the forests lived the monkey's minding their own monkey business, but they too were shaken by the alien invasion of Alterra. The call came through a bit late. Monkeys are not known to be the smartest folks on the block. But their SPIRIT is just the right one. And once their forest abodes were threatened, they too took up their arm to come to the defence of Alterra. They fight not trough the use of brute strength, but using their keen awareness of the world, their surroundings, being in sync with the natural world about. This power they use to strike with fearsome precision, bouncing in and out of combat (DEX as secondary stat) and using spell like powers of reality altering force. Monkeys are bundles of energy. Light as an elf, relatively small in stature. They are faster in movement than the other classes. They take life a bit less seriously then the other classes... Their main powers have to do with movement and evasion. Most weapons will be double handed / two weapons. No shields. SPIrit is channeled through crystals (among other things), so crystalline items, crystals etc. are special to the class / provide additional powers. Monkeys will therefore have a field day in the Sandstone Caves complex, where they can find some of their most prized weapons/armor... Also, monkeys exist in different types. The vanity faces will give them special powers: Gorilla's for more fysical power, baboon for more cunning type powers etc.

Sample powers (names need to be worked on a bit more):
    - evade: make an enemy untarget you / lose aggro
    - jump in: change place instantly towards target from x meters away (also: jump out, move away)
    - mindshield: similar to mana shield, providing good shielding from direct attacks
    - spirit strike: blasts through / negates armor / shielding
    - draw aggro: monkeys can be so annoying, all enemies want to pile on them (best used right before a 'jump out')

Specialized in(tank, support, damage): direct damage

One possible pink weapon set for this class: Crystal Nunchuck of Chi/Crystal Sai of Chi, Crystal Robe of Chi, Crystal Cirlcet of Chi

One possible vanity: Mask of the Gorilla

If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? KingKong (naturally....)

Why do you think your class should be made? Monkeys are the missing element... duh! Well, truthfully, I think that it fits in nicely into the existing mix, provides some novelty and provides plenty room to develop further. Sides, otherwise the monkeys will get you. They always do in the end...

(State ATLEAST 3 points as to how this class would help run dungeons and support other classes as well as performing in PVP.
    1. good for luring out single enemies from groups
    2. can solo a boss well
    3. can draw 'fire' away from others
    4. in PVP very powerful against Tanks

Also, then add a small paragraph(3 sentences) explaining why your class is good.)
    The monkey makes for fun playing as they have their own role in combat. They are best at singling out a specific foe and take them out quickly, or evade / run away of this foe turns out to be too powerful. Monkeys are fast and can run ahead and also outpace most enemies, thus drawing out enemy mobs around bosses for example, or breaking up larger groups of foes. Also, noone else mentioned monkeys yet (AFAIK)... also, everybody loves monkeys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice idea Crimson

Saving princesses from castles since 1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Contest is going great! Though lots of ideas are similar to mine lol

Thanks Thanks Given