Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AL economy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default The AL economy

I agree with the fact that lockeds indeed drop a lot less than they used to. It's logical to assume that the locked price wont rise because of this since there arent many new and overpowering items to be looted from these crates. So removing the lockeds from places like brackenbridge and the kraken mines is in my honest opinion completely illogical. These places offered great variety for locked farming opportunities. Please remember that these places were also very enjoyable and profitable at the same time to run. What truly disrupted most of the financial balance of the AL economy was a combination of multiple factors:

1: With the introduction of the rengol lockeds, the drop rates of mythic and arcane items were significantly improved. This caused a massive drop in prizes of items like the once prestigious arcane shard. For example: a 70 million arcane ring set the impressive standard of an incredibly rare and overpowering item. And it was because of this standard that most players feeled thrilled and motivated to start to farm and merch in order to collect this high amount of gold with or without spending platinum.

2: The removal of locked drops in brackenbridge and the kraken mines. This caused senior and especially new players to be left with much less effective ways of making gold. Because of this, farming in general became much less fun and less rewarding.

3: The sudden change of the financial mentality of STS with the introduction of the rengol expansion. It was because of this mentality that many players could get their hands more easily on a prestigious and really rare item. The emphasis was mostly set on the principal that farming should be much more rewarding.

4: The removal and discontinuation of overpowering items like the paracelsus stone. It was because of these incredibly rare items that the economy kept flourishing, the amount of locked crate openings kept stable and that farming was really awarding during many events.

5: The infamous egg stravaganza event. This caused a massive drop of the general value of all the eggs. This event also negatively affected the sheer and hard work of many event egg horders.

These are all factors for STS to take a very good look at in order to make this game both successful for STS and enjoyable for us players. In my honest opinion, I find that all or most of these mentioned actions should be revoked in the future.

I would very much like to read your ideas and opinions on this matter and perhaps we may be able to catch the attention of the developers with this thread.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 11-28-2016 at 07:10 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiritobozz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

i dont care anymore about this game, i just realised that this game is boring, wrong decisions of developers, wrong events, i dont have nothing to say, imo they dunno how to control this game, alot of changes... TO MUCH changes, boring boring n boring... remove this and add this, i miss good old times, atm i dunno how to get gold and please do not start to tell me FARM TEETH FARM GRAVEYARD etc because all of these ways are boring n dont make me happy n i dont have fun farming these items, old players had more fun long time ago, they had more ways to get gold EASIER ways to get gold, they have 500 craftin inventory slots, now... game is turning into PAY TO WIN, thats what i can say, sorry for my hate but i cant say anything good, this game need fixes n more important changes, i want to play Arcane Legends, not Sims, i dont care about my house and furnitures... peace

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meowtho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

An item cost over 20m is just non sense if you are not plat users.
    A game is supposed to play at free time not enslave peoples in it, and for a worker like me didn't have much time to farm, I like a game that can be played at free time even have to spend a bit dollars on it. (PnP)
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtho View Post
    ..atm i dunno how to get gold and please do not start to tell me FARM TEETH FARM GRAVEYARD etc because all of these ways are boring n dont make me happy n i dont have fun farming these items, old players had more fun long time ago, they had more ways to get gold EASIER ways to get gold, they have 500 craftin inventory slots, now...
    (
    /11

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    I do not wish to assault your opinions at all but unfortunately it's because of false statements like these that the economy is in a really bad shape at the moment. If you are an experienced senior player then you should know that a few years ago 20m for an item didn't sound strange at all. I myself as a non-plat user managed to make over 30m gold in one year without even playing that much. But by farming lockeds for events, hording eggs, making the right choises during merching etc. reaching an amount of 20m was actually quite realistic.
    Well said bro, farming lockeds used to be very lucurative.. 25k-35k lockeds were very common during events. I can always count on a stable flow of gold from farming in km3. Now u see lockeds selling for 4-5k barely enough to cover luck elixirs. People say go farm Mauo, /yawn...need i say more? Ive always preferred an element of surprised, 5k gold runs from graveyard... lol nty...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melthyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    A game is supposed to play at free time not enslave peoples in it, and for a worker like me didn't have much time to farm, I like a game that can be played at free time even have to spend a bit dollars on it. (PnP)
    Bro I earned 20m in 5 months... in fact I'm also just a 6 month player in arcane....
    and some of those plat users...they're just lazy and if you check them..they have very low pve kills...farming locks also helped me a lot but now so sad they're pulled out....
    so you just gotta have courage on remapping same area...now I'm always remapping in umbral chasm...pve kills,jewels,inscense fragments to craft awakening..i also merch if I have an opportunity..don't lose hope about winning gold...platinum is just an option to those players who are lazy and unwise :-)

°°°°°B°O°O°H°G°E°Y°M°A°N°°°°°

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boohgey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well For Me it isnt that hard to earn thousands of gold atm, i will share some of my method, First is , I farm 3 locks then craft to large locks , and then i buy 2 large locks from cs , then craft them to massive ! and sell for 51,000!

Hate can be a positive emotion
    When it forces you to be Better

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I do not wish to assault your opinions at all but unfortunately it's because of false statements like these that the economy is in a really bad shape at the moment. If you are an experienced senior player then you should know that a few years ago 20m for an item didn't sound strange at all. I myself as a non-plat user managed to make over 30m gold in one year without even playing that much. But by farming lockeds for events, hording eggs, making the right choises during merching etc. reaching an amount of 20m was actually quite realistic.
    Yeah but, that's make new players suffering enough because of that. Nowadays, new players can afford the best gear in game without waiting too long like a few years ago. This game was like God being vs Human being when arcane ring and nekro still around 50m+. IMO, the price of arcane item is rational at this moment.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Guys, there just isn't the drive or desire that there once was to open locked crates. The egg event and lack of rare equipment items in the crates has made them stale. So, if STS didn't make the changes they did, locked crates would sell for 2k instead of the 5k they are selling for now. They are dropping at a good rate for demand.

This game has evolved. Crates use to be the way STS made their money, now it's with all the little things, crate keys, anhks, awakening on weapons, all the little plat based purchases.

So much of the luck has been removed from the game and that has made the game better overall for most players. There is no more top 2 percent and everyone else is lower class. We now have a upper class, middle class, and lower class which is a good thing.

Is it harder to farm? Yes! Buy everything is so much cheaper now, you don't have to farm that much gold.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I see where u are coming from. But players weren't really suffering back then. The bigger issue was that many people didn't exactly know how to make the most
    amount of gold in a short period since hording items also meant waiting several weeks for the price to go up. And please also take into consideration that if you want
    to be very succesful in the game, you have to at least spend some of your time thinking of some merching tactics since making a fortune simply isn't that easy. And right now, getting your hands on most arcane items is just too easy. You claimed that the prices are rational? Like I stated earlier, the prices back then were rational too. The only problem now is that the demand for these items far less than then the supply because like you stated, the items are now easier to achieve. And like we all known this resulted in a massive drop of the value of many items including the locked crates.
    Well peoples view always different. Maybe STS think for universe? Who knows.
    D

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Guys, there just isn't the drive or desire that there once was to open locked crates. The egg event and lack of rare equipment items in the crates has made them stale. So, if STS didn't make the changes they did, locked crates would sell for 2k instead of the 5k they are selling for now. They are dropping at a good rate for demand.

This game has evolved. Crates use to be the way STS made their money, now it's with all the little things, crate keys, anhks, awakening on weapons, all the little plat based purchases.

So much of the luck has been removed from the game and that has made the game better overall for most players. There is no more top 2 percent and everyone else is lower class. We now have a upper class, middle class, and lower class which is a good thing.

Is it harder to farm? Yes! Buy everything is so much cheaper now, you don't have to farm that much gold.
    These little changes that STS has been making for the past several months unfortunately won't keep the economy stable. I state this because items like crate keys, awakening gems and the ankhs are also mostly used by the elite percentage of players. So in the end it all comes down to the player with the biggest gold or platinum budget anyway. And still to this day these rich players still have overpowering stats.

You stated earlier that the locks would sell for around 2k if it weren't for the implementation of new items like the crate keys. But to be honest, it wouldn't be odd for the locks to drop down to a 2k price anyway since this 5k price is just as low. As a matter of fact, the last time I checked the auction, the locked price already declined to 4k. And also please also don't forget that a few years back STS were also making profit out of these little items just as now, but the main source of income was and always will be the locked crates since these crates usually hold the most powerful and rare items. With the interest of that main source gone, it's logical to assume that the rest of the prices of these rare items are left with much less value.

But I have to agree on the fact that the game back then was indeed too much based on the small luck chance of the locked crates and that is why I left out the implementation of the crate keys on this matter. And let me point out like I did earlier that no matter what, there will always be a small elite percentage of players in the game with the most amount of gold or platinum. So stating that the 2% of the playerbase negatively affected the game is completely invalid. This game is and always will be a game where the use of microstransactions stands central as the source of income for STS, the only difference was that the financial mentality a few years ago simply was alot more effective since there only were a few arcane items on which players could get their hands on. But now there is another big issue with this: The power of arcane gear in comparison to other gear dropped tremendously to follow the overall new power curve. However this caused for the arcane items to be outdated much sooner while for example a maul of ollerus would last several expansions. But now most players don't feel motivated to achieve this new arcane gear anymore because it will be outdated before they know.

And finally, because everything is much cheaper now, that simply means that the supply is greater than the supply. So please don't falsely claim that the demand is decent in anyway. The economy is in a bad shape compared to a few years ago and that unfortunately is an undeniable fact. So I would like for everyone to think of some effective solutions together instead of making statements like "the economy has evolved" because as it is of now the economy has more likely been devolving.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 11-28-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Yeah but, that's make new players suffering enough because of that. Nowadays, new players can afford the best gear in game without waiting too long like a few years ago. This game was like God being vs Human being when arcane ring and nekro still around 50m+. IMO, the price of arcane item is rational at this moment.
    I see where u are coming from. But players weren't really suffering back then. The bigger issue was that many people didn't exactly know how to make the most
    amount of gold in a short period of time since hording items also meant waiting several weeks for the price to go up. And please also take into consideration that if you want to be very successful in the game, you have to at least spend some of your time thinking of some merching tactics since making a fortune simply isn't that easy. And right now, getting your hands on most arcane items is just too easy. You claimed that the prices are rational? Like I stated earlier, the prices back then were rational too. The only problem now is that the demand for these items is far less than then the supply because like you stated, the items are now easier to achieve. And like we all known this resulted in a massive drop of the value of many items including the locked crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

.... But players weren't really suffering back then...
    ... Like I stated earlier, the prices back then were rational too....
    Back then plat farmers, who ran maps using scripts to loot locks controlled the market. A 70m+ arcane shard, rational? I think not.
    Avy
    12-2012

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

It was never intended that an item reaches prices of 100+m if u even look at gold cap per character(99.999m).

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

These little changes that STS has been making for the past several months unfortunately won't keep the economy stable. I state this because items like crate keys, awakening gems and the ankhs are also mostly used by the elite percentage of players. So in the end it all comes down to the player with the biggest gold or platinum budget anyway. And still to this day these rich players still have overpowering stats.

You stated earlier that the locks would sell for around 2k if it weren't for the implementation of new items like the crate keys. But to be honest, it wouldn't be odd for the locks to drop down to a 2k price anyway since this 5k price is just as low. As a matter of fact, the last time I checked the auction, the locked price already declined to 4k. And also please also don't forget that a few years back STS were also making profit out of these little items just as now, but the main source of income was and always will be the locked crates since these crates usually hold the most powerful and rare items. With the interest of that main source gone, it's logical to assume that the rest of the prices of these rare items are left with much less value.

But I have to agree on the fact that the game back then was indeed too much based on the small luck chance of the locked crates and that is why I left out the implementation of the crate keys on this matter. And let me point out like I did earlier that no matter what, there will always be a small elite percentage of players in the game with the most amount of gold or platinum. So stating that the 2% of the playerbase negatively affected the game is completely invalid. This game is and always will be a game where the use of microstransactions stands central as the source of income for STS, the only difference was that the financial mentality a few years ago simply was alot more effective since there only were a few arcane items on which players could get their hands on. But now there is another big issue with this: The power of arcane gear in comparison to other gear dropped tremendously to follow the overall new power curve. However this caused for the arcane items to be outdated much sooner while for example a maul of ollerus would last several expansions. But now most players don't feel motivated to achieve this new arcane gear anymore because it will be outdated before they know.

And finally, because everything is much cheaper now, that simply means that the supply is greater than the supply. So please don't falsely claim that the demand is decent in anyway. The economy is in a bad shape compared to a few years ago and that unfortunately is an undeniable fact. So I would like for everyone to think of some effective solutions together instead of making statements like "the economy has evolved" because as it is of now the economy has more likely been devolving.
    I think the game has evolved into a more balanced system. This is just from my experience of playing in the last three years, and it is only my opinion. STS seems to be trying to make obtaining high end gear more obtainable for the masses rather than the elite few who can afford to buy a lot of plat or just got very lucky.

Also, I was saying locked crates would be 2k if they were still dropping in Km3 because they would flood the market due to low demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I can't loot anything decent with just lepre and luck ring

I think now you need the full works, lepre, ring, lix, lucky pet, luck location, luck enhancement, lucky socks, lucky pants and don't forget your lucky draws.... And ye shall loot......legendary soiled underwear of lethality worth zilch.

Hehehe...got that off my chest XD

P.S : I'm actually thinking of selling my lepre. I would sell my alleged 'luck' ring but it's account bound.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-28-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post

I think now you need the full works, lepre, ring, lix, lucky pet, luck location, luck enhancement, lucky socks, lucky pants and don't forget your lucky draws.... And ye shall loot......legendary soiled underwear of lethality worth zilch.

P.S : I'm actually thinking of selling my lepre. I would sell my alleged 'luck' ring but it's account bound.
    As funny as this is, I am actually thinking of selling my lepre as well... or maybe leaving it on my twink account since it seems to have better luck than my fully loaded account... The awakening weapons has sort of put lepres out of business with 100+% gold and luck rerolls built into the weapon. And as you said, I'm not sure where to use it to get better gear worth selling, it's easier and more reliable to use the 100+% gold and sell anything you're fortunate to loot for the lowest price possible.

I can't even move the legendary pinks from the graveyard for more than a few Arlorian Food Stamps... and I have twinks to feed!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post

Too funny XD lmao

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Back then plat farmers, who ran maps using scripts to loot locks controlled the market. A 70m+ arcane shard, rational? I think not.
    Yes this indeed was true, however I hope that you understand that these actions didn't make the playerbase suffer financially in any way during events. A small decline in the
    overall value of the locked crates was noticable during periods where STS would not release new content for several months. And above all else, please use the post of ''boohgey''(Bro I earned 20m in 5 months...) as a reference to your statement about the rationality of a 70m worth arcane shard for I have refuted this statement multiple times by now.