Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The AL economy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    It was never intended that an item reaches prices of 100+m if u even look at gold cap per character(99.999m).

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk
    The goldcap per character does not play an important role on the influence of price differentiations in the economy as a whole.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 11-28-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    I can't even move the legendary pinks from the graveyard for more than a few Arlorian Food Stamps... and I have twinks to feed!
    This is honestly one of if not THE best quote I ever read on the forums. If I could give u a gold star I would.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    Yes this indeed was true, however I hope that you understand that these actions didn't make the playerbase suffer financially in any way during events. A small decline in the
    overall value of the locked crates was noticable during periods where STS would not release new content for several months. And above all else, please use the post of ''boohgey''(Bro I earned 20m in 5 months...) as a reference to your statement about the rationality of a 70m worth arcane shard for I have refuted this statement multiple times by now.
    20M in 5 months ya, if shard still 70m, it will need 1 years+ to get only an item and nekro next year. And I believe that require heavy grind. 70M is ~4100$ if you purchase gold directly from store, that insane amount. But in fact, now many peoples can play well and afford standard gear for playing the game.
    Last edited by Donquixoth; 11-28-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtho View Post
    i dont care anymore about this game, i just realised that this game is boring, wrong decisions of developers, wrong events, i dont have nothing to say, imo they dunno how to control this game, alot of changes... TO MUCH changes, boring boring n boring... remove this and add this, i miss good old times, atm i dunno how to get gold and please do not start to tell me FARM TEETH FARM GRAVEYARD etc because all of these ways are boring n dont make me happy n i dont have fun farming these items, old players had more fun long time ago, they had more ways to get gold EASIER ways to get gold, they have 500 craftin inventory slots, now... game is turning into PAY TO WIN, thats what i can say, sorry for my hate but i cant say anything good, this game need fixes n more important changes, i want to play Arcane Legends, not Sims, i dont care about my house and furnitures... peace

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka
    yes i agree, they cant control their game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post

Yes this indeed was true, however I hope that you understand that these actions didn't make the playerbase suffer financially in any way during events.
    Those actions did make the player-base suffer. Plat buys energy. This allowed plat farmers to have an obscene amount of free energy by purchasing the energy with farmed plat. This enabled plat farmers to set the bar very high for top positions. The suffering was real.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are many ways to earn gold but they work on your luck. Like getting a fossil is just too hard. A good way to earn gold can be mausoleum 3-4 but to reach those maps u need good pt ,and it takes too much time. What you get from those maps is 10k gold hardly? And rare pink drops? Is that worth 20-30 mins of constant running?.. Tbh I'd just say this game almost lost it's control over gold economy, plat users will always be ahead of f2p. Well events are a good way of making gold but this Halloween was really disappointing. Old vanities and poor plat tier reward plus lesser chests were 30 tokens instead of 5. I hope this winter event we all can make a good amount of profit.

P.S. merching is the best way of making gold rn.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    20M in 5 months ya, if shard still 70m, it will need 1 years+ to get only an item and nekro next year. And I believe that require heavy grind. 70M is ~4100$ if you purchase gold directly from store, that insane amount. But in fact, now many peoples can play well and afford standard gear for playing the game.
    Like I stated multiple times earlier, a 70m arcane shard did not sound strange at all a few years ago. And I have to disagree on your vision on the diffculty of acquiring
    these rare items since it should at least take a good amount of time and hard work to even come close to an amount of 100m gold or else it would simply be too
    easy, less rewarding and above all else less enjoyable. It's because of the fact that people continously and falsely claimed it was too hard to acquire items like an arcane shard that the economy as a whole is in a worse state than before.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Those actions did make the player-base suffer. Plat buys energy. This allowed plat farmers to have an obscene amount of free energy by purchasing the energy with farmed plat. This enabled plat farmers to set the bar very high for top positions. The suffering was real.
    I understand that these platfarmers indeed negatively influenced the distribution of many items like the energy kits, however this did not affect the majority of players who
    only ran the event to acquire special and limited items, merch and have a good time by socializing. I also would like to point out that the concept of platfarming
    actually was more of a technical fault that derived from the usage of scripts. So simply removing several farming possibilities to simply make it harder for
    platfarmers to be successful will not solve the problem, the platfarmers will simply find other ways to be successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i dont care anymore about this game, i just realised that this game is boring, wrong decisions of developers, wrong events, i dont have nothing to say, imo they dunno how to control this game, alot of changes... TO MUCH changes, boring boring n boring... remove this and add this, i miss good old times, atm i dunno how to get gold and please do not start to tell me FARM TEETH FARM GRAVEYARD etc because all of these ways are boring n dont make me happy n i dont have fun farming these items, old players had more fun long time ago, they had more ways to get gold EASIER ways to get gold, they have 500 craftin inventory slots, now... game is turning into PAY TO WIN, thats what i can say, sorry for my hate but i cant say anything good, this game need fixes n more important changes, i want to play Arcane Legends, not Sims, i dont care about my house and furnitures... peace

Completely agreed lol what i did id sold my gear and made a twink ...i dont farm anymore :/

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudhrox View Post
    Completely agreed lol what i did id sold my gear and made a twink ...i dont farm anymore :/

yea me too, my friend sold all his gears yesterday n made pvp character, i think ill do that too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

yea me too, my friend sold all his gears yesterday n made pvp character, i think ill do that too

Dont go lv13 or below they pretty much dead ...go like 41 or 47 or 57

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anirudhrox For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The surprise factor in the mausoleum maps runs isn't in the gold drops(sure the gold drops are wonderful but it only pays for the ankhs and potions). The real money to be made in the mausoleum drops is in the pinks we got. I hit a really good luck streak of getting 61 brutality items early on in the game and sold 3-4 of the items for about 700k each. Sold a few other items for 150-400k each, this was in the mausoleum 1-2 era. After that insanely good streak I've been dry of the best in slot item at level 61, however due to the increased drop rates for pinks in m3-4 I've still managed to make a decent amount of gold from the drops. The tokens and gold drops are LOCO in the m3-4 maps, and they more than doubled whatever I spent on ankhs and potions.

I would REALLY recommend people who were late to the expansion to get those points and try m3-4 b4 it gets too late. Even if their schedule doesn't allow them to get the points ASAP, they should slowly start working for it. I have my fingers crossed and my luck elixirs ready for the stage 4 part of this expansion. STS creativity will probably make sure the m5-6 maps are even better when it comes to profiting.

ofc it does, the gold cap was put in there for a reason unless the highest number SQL can deal with is 99,999,999 which I highly doubt >_<
    Quick mention: I referred to the overall ''price differentiations'' of ingame items, this has little to do with the current gold cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hey not to be rude but but non plat like me are VERY VERY VERY! Happy with current state.. I am a pure non plat did nothing but farming for almost 3 yrs and if sm items would have still cost 70m omg!! I would have quit the game long time ago non plat wouldn't stand a chance its because of current state that yes non plat can now even believe(not dream like before) of making 2 characters 1 for pve and 1 for PvP....
    People should learn to give time to game to farm rather then merely spending money on game....just think a bout it at time when ur mind is at peace u r spending money on a "game" yes....a "game" wht will u prove by that +.+
    I also do know that sts also requires profit ....my point is sts has taken good decisions so far for non plats as they can afford good items now and also for plats who will at least bcom active to farm rather then spending money on game and abusing non plats merely....
    Last edited by zauilet; 11-30-2016 at 12:23 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zauilet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    I can't loot anything decent with just lepre and luck ring

I think now you need the full works, lepre, ring, lix, lucky pet, luck location, luck enhancement, lucky socks, lucky pants and don't forget your lucky draws.... And ye shall loot......legendary soiled underwear of lethality worth zilch.

Hehehe...got that off my chest XD

P.S : I'm actually thinking of selling my lepre. I would sell my alleged 'luck' ring but it's account bound.
    Well, if you can't loot anything with just lepre plus a luck ring it's a good thing you probably did not play back during the first few seasons before we ever even heard of a Leprechaun Amulet ... let alone a luck ring, luck pet, luck enhancements, luck locations, luck luck luck etc.... whew!!!!

Somehow we still survived! Gosh, aren't the new players so pampered .... so much luck and all still complain.

I'm just wondering, do all these players know how to adjust their own air conditioners or do they have 'alexa' do that for them too!?

Meh

18. The Following User Says Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

eiv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Perhaps we should look at the economy from another angle - Is the economy bad at this present time or was the economy previously too strong and now it's where it should be? I'm going to base my comments on the ASSUMPTION that the latter of the two is correct. We're now seeing the value of items plummet considerably compared to a few years back when as you mentioned an arc ring cost 70m+ (I was playing in that era too), the consignment store had more listings of rocking horse poop than an nekro egg, nobody had seen an arc shard because of its rarity, players ran the arena 100+ times and still no recipes looted! The good old days?? Depends on who you ask....me?? For sure, met my best and most trusted friends (including you kiritobozz), running Brackenridge over n over for those lockeds, leveling up and not knowing whether to put those 6 points into dex, str and int lololol generally just having fun (I'm getting off topic now). My point is this- if the economy is where it should be now then there is no need to worry about making crazy amounts of gold or low values of items because literally everything is achievable and affordable. I've bought the chest of plat numerous times so I could pop lockeds and guess what? I never once looted anything above a mythic status then the eggstravaganza event came along and he generously dropped a singe egg for me I do disagree with some of the things STS have done which I wont mention because theirs pros far outweigh their cons and they do an absolutely phenomenal job with this game and this economic balance is extremely fine but it's allowing all players the opportunity to achieve their most desired items. I do miss seeing 70m+ arc rings etc but in reality those prices were a little crazy high and we have to agree that the majority of players don't even have a few million and we would all like to see lockeds drop from jarl again and km3. Maybe sts could introduce a small locked twilight in those maps which could be crafted into a locked twilight! I'm not criticizing or having a pop at anyone, I'd like you to see the economy from a different perspective

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tootex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tootex View Post
    Perhaps we should look at the economy from another angle - Is the economy bad at this present time or was the economy previously too strong and now it's where it should be? I'm going to base my comments on the ASSUMPTION that the latter of the two is correct. We're now seeing the value of items plummet considerably compared to a few years back when as you mentioned an arc ring cost 70m+ (I was playing in that era too), the consignment store had more listings of rocking horse poop than an nekro egg, nobody had seen an arc shard because of its rarity, players ran the arena 100+ times and still no recipes looted! The good old days?? Depends on who you ask....me?? For sure, met my best and most trusted friends (including you kiritobozz), running Brackenridge over n over for those lockeds, leveling up and not knowing whether to put those 6 points into dex, str and int lololol generally just having fun (I'm getting off topic now). My point is this- if the economy is where it should be now then there is no need to worry about making crazy amounts of gold or low values of items because literally everything is achievable and affordable. I've bought the chest of plat numerous times so I could pop lockeds and guess what? I never once looted anything above a mythic status then the eggstravaganza event came along and he generously dropped a singe egg for me I do disagree with some of the things STS have done which I wont mention because theirs pros far outweigh their cons and they do an absolutely phenomenal job with this game and this economic balance is extremely fine but it's allowing all players the opportunity to achieve their most desired items. I do miss seeing 70m+ arc rings etc but in reality those prices were a little crazy high and we have to agree that the majority of players don't even have a few million and we would all like to see lockeds drop from jarl again and km3. Maybe sts could introduce a small locked twilight in those maps which could be crafted into a locked twilight! I'm not criticizing or having a pop at anyone, I'd like you to see the economy from a different perspective
    To be honest, I do like the sound of a "small locked crate" that could drop from maps like brackenbridge and the kraken mines. Ofcourse it would seem a bit tedious to farm 27 small locked crate to eventually craft a massive locked crate, but it's a very good idea nonetheless since these maps won't be deemed useless in the future. Very good thinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

It also helps with that 'reminiscing factor' in these maps as these are where we the older generation of players learned to farm lockeds. Also it would encourage people to buy 10 luck elixir kits to trade which in turn generates more revenue for sts as people would love to run brackenridge and km3 again but here again the balance between buying and looting would have to be considered assuming that '1 small locked' would be worth 1.5k and a luck elixir 10k. It wouldn't be simple to implement into the game as there are many factors to consider therefore for now it's simply a suggestion.
    Btw kiri your english is awesome considering it isn't your first language, well done brother