Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon or map that requires plat to enter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Dungeon or map that requires plat to enter?

So, it used to be the norm back in the day for players to spend their precious platinum popping crate after crate hoping for that lucky mythic or arcane item to show up on their screen. That still happens yes, but speaking from my experience I never got lucky or at least it didn't pay off so those days are behind me. Now I buy items to sell with my plat to make gold slowly but surely.

But, That got me thinking, instead of spending 5-15 plat on a crate, why not spend 1-15 plat on a dungeon or map you enter that could yield the same type of items and or better loot/gold chances than normal or elite maps?

It would make spending your plat a little more fun and exciting as you run through destroying mobs and finally a boss wondering if you'll get that lucky valuable item.

You can do this already in a sense for free in certain maps but if the platinum based maps had better rewards with more of a chance to drop depending on how much plat you spend would you run them? Especially if you could loot more plat and other crate based items that were only in those maps.

And of course STS should sell tradable map tokens for players who want to run a certain map but cant spend plat and want to use gold. Either way though, someone has to buy plat and use it on tokens to sell, for someone to enter one of these maps.

What do you think, would you run a map like this?? Does this sound better than opening locked crates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    You can do this already in a sense for free in certain maps but if the platinum based maps had better rewards with more of a CHANCE to drop depending on how much plat you spend would you run them?
    Ofc, i'll never run on this map. Absolutly no. Why? Because i understand CHANCE means. Even luck 30% stuck with luck% weapon awaken, plus hisha AA and cupcake happines which have CHANCE to loot better MAY give you ZERO pink loot. Goodluck lol

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fsuryo View Post
    Ofc, i'll never run on this map. Absolutly no. Why? Because i understand CHANCE means. Even luck 30% stuck with luck% weapon awaken, plus hisha AA and cupcake happines which have CHANCE to loot better MAY give you ZERO pink loot. Goodluck lol

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
    Yes but wouldn't that be better than opening a crate for plat and getting useless stuff?
    Keep in mind STS would have to find a way to do this so there was always some type of return even if it's just a little gold.
    Remember players are spending gold and plat on other things that are a gamble like elite awakening kits, luck elixers which may yield low results and of course crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

My memory may have been alittle foggy, as this was a couple years ago.....

but if i remember correctly, there used to be similar content as what you're suggesting. There was this event (week long i think ? ) in Nordar, where you can pay plat to enter and you get to do boss rush (something like arena)

Edit:
    Found it, here's the info for it

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Today we have updated Arcane Legends with some new content, several refinements to existing content and abilities as well as several bug fixes. You can read the patch notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(119666)

I wanted to start a discussion about the new Elite Mines of Nordia Premium Boss Fight Dungeon that was included in this update. Spacetime Studios is always working to make our games better. This update, like all of our continuing updates, is testament to that. We strive to include new, free content as well as optional Premium content that users pay for with Platinum.

We work hard to keep Premium content optional. You don't need Premium options to play the game. The new Elite Mines of Nordia is just that. They are the same bosses that you can fight in the Elite Nordr adventure areas. By paying Platinum to use the new Elite Mines of Nordia, you have the convenience of a time saver, in that you don't need to clear the minions to get in and fight the boss. It is a time saver. Usually it comes down to that: time or money. If you have all the time in the world, then you can play to the level cap and acquire the best items without spending anything.

We need to have compelling Premium options to support the game operation and continued development. At the end of the day, those who support the game with Platinum purchases make it so that everyone else can play the game for free. That is how it works. We sincerely appreciate everyone who chooses to spend their leisure time playing Spacetime Studios games!
    Special thanks to Greoatef for his AL update timeline
    Last edited by eugene9707; 11-30-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

This exists in pl with mixed results. Here's a couple issues;
    It isn't pug friendly sometimes, if the map requires a certain # ppl then some who join may not find a full pt & waste plat.

If it is solo able, bots/macro exploitation

Whatever it drops has to be very desirable (generally means good for pvp) or no runners.

No map should drop plat as suggested again due to bots/macro jerks.

These types of maps that are in pl are not run by the vast majority in pl except for some whales who come and go as soon as they got what they wanted. The maps with "greater chances at drops" were ignored when the item was also obtainable from another map.
    I like the idea but think it would need some tweaks, possibly

Have it drop elixirs like elite chests or hunter lixrs, because things that are consumable won't flood the market and devalue whatever item drops as it becomes more saturated in game.

What drops might need to be acc bound if an item so the map continually attracts farmers and merchers couldn't dominate its market.

As mentioned if the map merely has a better chance, most will save plat and run normal maps.

I do like the tradeable token idea tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    This exists in pl with mixed results. Here's a couple issues;
    It isn't pug friendly sometimes, if the map requires a certain # ppl then some who join may not find a full pt & waste plat.

If it is solo able, bots/macro exploitation

Whatever it drops has to be very desirable (generally means good for pvp) or no runners.

No map should drop plat as suggested again due to bots/macro jerks.

These types of maps that are in pl are not run by the vast majority in pl except for some whales who come and go as soon as they got what they wanted. The maps with "greater chances at drops" were ignored when the item was also obtainable from another map.
    I like the idea but think it would need some tweaks, possibly

Have it drop elixirs like elite chests or hunter lixrs, because things that are consumable won't flood the market and devalue whatever item drops as it becomes more saturated in game.

What drops might need to be acc bound if an item so the map continually attracts farmers and merchers couldn't dominate its market.

As mentioned if the map merely has a better chance, most will save plat and run normal maps.

I do like the tradeable token idea tho

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Do you think macro and botting wouldn't be an issue though because you have to pay to enter?
    Botting makes sense on a free map to reap possible rewards but botting on a plat map is the same as botting opening chests, right?

The idea would be that STS allows a reasonable about of gold to drop based on the plat spent along with the small possibility of a rare item. In other words there has to be a small incentive kinda like they did with crate tokens a ways back when you opened rengol crates. It made it less painful to gamble on crate opening.

As far as pug goes, there should be a mechanism that allows for solo and party options with varying difficulty based on the amount of players in the map.

Ultimately though this is kinda like a energy event, but plat or plat bought tokens are needed to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

^ my issue mentioning botting was more from the idea of plat dropping, so yeah your right that it prolly wouldn't cause more bots. Bit of an overreaction on my part that.

Good gold dropping from a plat map is odd in that 1: good for business but, 2: bad for economy & then the game in general (& business) if it brings too much gold in. Remember the arena gold nerfed when they realized how much came from there.

Your mention of the crate tokens is a good point, what if win or loose, good drop or nothing, you still get something kinda rare and desirable or that added up to something great. So yeh, crate tokens, Orc tags, story tokens, hauntlet coins, & maybe graveyard boss tokens?

Agreed that it should scale easily when someone joins to ease pugs

It's a good idea imho. Didn't work great in pl unless devs can see something I didn't, but it could work well with the right incentives.

Everything in game is unprecedented rn, it's obvious to me they want to encourage and help ppl get to end game and make that the best place to farm. Who knows what they'll do next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

There already was something like this in Stronghold soon after Nordr expansion came out, for few plats you could fight elite Nordr bosses in 1 place.
    Entrance was at the end of town on left side, right side was an entrance (as it is until today) to Mount Spyr.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Seriously ???? Y would we want to spend plat on a map ? Its not actually worth spending platinum in my opinion and tbh thats not how i think of plat, to me plat is something u have to spend carefully with cuz there r non plat users out there who cant get plat out of and really ? Spend gold for platinum on a map ??? Not good idea in my opinion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Not very good idea tbh to u spending plat might be easy but not to others and to me spending plat on a map isnt worth it to me plat is somethibg to spend carefully on cuz its hard for me to get lot of plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    Seriously ???? Y would we want to spend plat on a map ? Its not actually worth spending platinum in my opinion and tbh thats not how i think of plat, to me plat is something u have to spend carefully with cuz there r non plat users out there who cant get plat out of and really ? Spend gold for platinum on a map ??? Not good idea in my opinion
    Read what Sam (dev) wrote about it and then post more constructive comment.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Hince, the game will become pay-to-play. Which will be bad, because the free players will be discourage playing due to game contents that we can't get into without plat. If the free players quit, the game starts to lose population that only the plat buyers would stay, but eventually will get bored since the free players were out and so they will also quit.

Making a map only accessible by spending real-life money made the fall of giant paid MMORPGs againts free-to-play games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

All I'll say about this is no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

There was a dungeon that required Plat to enter at Nordr long ago and sts removed it for reasons.
    So I think that will not happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

what if you could pay plats(like 20-50) to instantly get into maus 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    what if you could pay plats(like 20-50) to instantly get into maus 3
    Lol, okay that was funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

How about sts remove the free farmable energy during events. There u go, plat entry map right there for you once every few months. Bright idea man. (No sarcasm)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtiest View Post
    How about sts remove the free farmable energy during events. There u go, plat entry map right there for you once every few months. Bright idea man. (No sarcasm)
    As bright as
    "light beams for weapon, glittering effects for my helm, gold dropping from my armor, diamond sparkles for my belt, arcane ring aura with para effect and flashing lights for my amulet"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Nice to know the sarcasm is spreading. Its an outbreak i tell you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

For all of those saying this is a bad idea, please realize this would be an option and alternative for plat spenders that open locked crates. This is not intended for F2P players just like opening locked crates is not for F2P players.

All I was asking is IF you would be willing to spend plat opening a crate, would you rather spend it on a potentially more lucrative map?

That's all the OP was about, not changing the game to this model lol.