Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ***Beta Beta players/Senior Members only area***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Sextuple posts FTW....lol
    Lmao! Srsly think its the first I have ever seen on sts forum lol. (Exception to Off Topic posts )

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    lol, Don't get me wrong, I still love your idea, but it does seem a bit odd, you claim that it is this humongous problem that is so out of control that it could only be dealt with with these extreme (read: excellent) measures but 1. you had to re-enact the spamming yourself cuz you couldn't find an actual example, and 2. in this post you say it seems like the same 5 people.

So, it does seem that hmm... just maayyyybbbeeee your intentions are not as pure as you suggest.
    It seems to be the same 5 people with the self editied foul, sexual, and borderline racist language...the reason I say "same five" is because a large number of members, myself included, have reported in full detail what these people are saying and doing and they are still in the game doing it on a regular basis...and the reason I don't ignore this type of peraon is so that I can see if the behavior is still happening (which you obviously can't if they are ignored) so that I can report them again if necessary to try and keep the game as clean as possible. As far as the beggers and whiners, I usually do just ignore em or just don't respond to them at all...and believe me I help out the community A LOT. The intentions of this thread are as pure as ur gonna get in that, anyone would be able to make this type of area. First impressions are the key to becomming successful when asking for anything...so naturally the ones that start off with "gimmie" get shot down almost instantly...I'm not on the game to teach manners and ettiquette...people have parents for that...and if my 12 year old can handle himself in the game in a respectable fashion, then I don't see why anyone else (child or adult) wouldn't be able too...and no, I'm not saying I'm a better parent before that comment gets thrown at me since I'm allegedly such a snobby elitest lmfao!
    Last edited by CappinClutch; 09-28-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

And no, no horse heads...that's a Joe Pesci move and I'm too tall for that role lol!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmmm! Interesting concept. I think I would enjoy a site where I didn't have to always take my gear off just to blend in and not be salmmed for credits and gear.
    Revox Archer 74 Apocaalyse Mage 71 Archerblue Pure Archer Level 62 Bblink Pure Mage Level 62 Cressybear Attack/Tank level 71 Revox Operative 46 Blinc Engineer 46 Cressy 46 Commando

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apostar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    Hmmm! Interesting concept. I think I would enjoy a site where I didn't have to always take my gear off just to blend in and not be salmmed for credits and gear.
    Another great point that further solidifies my point...ty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=CappinClutch:429245]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

not naming names at all...it's not a person or two, it's just the way some people are lol...a server, port over, my priority? you can't be serious, or rather, you're TOO serious lol...ya gotta read the entire post to understand where we're coming from...we just wanna go somewhere and hangout with a large group of whatever members we want to...simple. It was just an idea, it'll probably never happen anyway...I had a feeling people were gonna get all emotional about this topic...it's really not necessary.
    Yes, as I stated, in another post, I now see, that you weren't "naming names". I just couldn't read the dialog in the pics at first.

You know, in one of the pics, the dialog in the chat box, doesn't match the dialog bubbles. But, hmm... prob no biggie.

And no, I'm not being emotional. I think your idea is awseome. And when I say that, I am dead serious, no sarcasim at all. I think it is excellent.

Last night, when I was reading it, i was laughing so hard, I mean out of control. But I wasn't laughing AT you, I was laughing with you, WITH YOU!!

First off, I was in a really good mood anyways, and then after day of travel, I get to read this thread. It is just a great read.

I think someone, idk, Dylan, Yankovic, Alvin the Chipmunk, SOMEONE, should write a folk song about the servere problems you are trying to deal with in this thread and the solutions that are being suggested.

Yeah, I think that you guys having your own server is just excellent. I don't know if sts would consider such a thing. Theoretically, could be a small income stream. The people who play on it could cough up bit 'o plat. Even tho, I would not be going (not interested and not worthy because I insist on remaining a Jr. member, lol), I would GLADLY chip in what I could afford. Anything I could do to help make this happen, I will certainly do.

You didn't seem to like the idea of a separate server. You do know --- that I am talking about a voluntary port. I mean it wouldn't be an ACTUAL penal colony. OPS, you weren't supposed to hear that. Just ignore that. [frantically tries to edit post before it's too late] You could just think of it as your happy place. That is all you'd need to know. It would be a very special, happy place for very special, happy players.

You know what would be awsome, on the day it goes live, there could be a big fairwell scene. Hmm.. like in the final, final scene in the LoTR. You know, when Frodo leaves to go off with all the other big wigs. And all us unworthy misfits would stand there waving our hairy hobbit hands and shedding salty little hobit tears as y'all sail off into the sunset for your happy place.

But, if the separate server thing don't happen, hopefully, that separate area/instance that you're talking about will. You know what would be a good idea, is outside this area, would be NPC to talk to in order to give the pw and enter. Ok, listen to this, this is great: The npc could be like one of those guards in England that don't ever talk to people. SEE!! See, the symbolism there. You don't want the unworthy to talk to you, so...... your guards don't talk to them. Hah!! pretty good, huh?

In this paragraph: absolute seriousness/no sarcasim at all. Players should not report beggars and spammers. It is a huge waste of developer's time. If I reported every beggar/spammer I saw, what would that mean? Hmmm.... it would mean that I would be spamming the devs. Not a good idea. And, if everyone, actually, if only 25% of the players who saw beggars and spammers reported them, it would amount to hundreds or thousands of reports a day. What are you thinking? In one of your posts, it mentions that the people you saw were going beyond into insult and other inappropriate behavior. On this, yes, if the insult/behavior violates the tos, i mean there are many, many things that are in fact quite serious and should be reported. Yes, those things should be reported. But, NOT your basic spammer or beggar. Developer's are not babysitters. They are not going to go thru one by one and warn, warn again, warn again, ban, ban longer every single beggar/spammer. What are you thinking? Yes, I know that spamming (and could maybe make a good case for beggers if they are not spamming) is against the TOS. Yes, but, what are you thinking? Your basic spammer and beggar should not be reported. But every, single other more serious infraction should be reported. Spammers and beggars should either 1). be helped in some positive way or 2). just ignored meaning, don't read what they are saying or 3). actually put on ignore list. One of the main reasons we have the ignore list feature is so that we don't have to spam and harrass developers THOUSANDS of times a day with reports about spammers and beggars.

In this paragraph: absolute seriousness/no sarcasim at all. I want to say again, I do like your idea. I hope something is implemented. If not, do this. Some players have, idk, like 2 billion people on ignore. Just do the same. You and whoever else want to, just stand around in populated areas and just click on everyone that for w/e reason you don't want to hear from. Or, just relentlessly do this absolutly anytime you are playing. In no time at all, you will have a HUGE ignore list. Something you can truly be proud of (ok, yeah, that was sarcasim). Then in just a bit of time, you would have this place where you could play that you didn't have to hear the people you didn't want to hear.

In this paragraph: absolute seriousness/no sarcasim at all. I really appreciate your honesty. Most players who have similar attitudes/values (not being deragatory) almost always try to hide their true sentiments behind all sorts of other supposdely valid/noble beliefs. You, otoh, just respected people by telling the truth. You laid it out for all to see, thank you.

What ever happens, hope you happy and that you have fun and good luck if that is what you are interested in.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:430136
    And no, no horse heads...that's a Joe Pesci move and I'm too tall for that role lol!
    Haha
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm always a happy player...no matter what lol!

Btw, my son has to read everyday for a certain amount of time just for practice...today he read your last post lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:430125
    It seems to be the same 5 people with the self editied foul, sexual, and borderline racist language...the reason I say "same five" is because a large number of members, myself included, have reported in full detail what these people are saying and doing and they are still in the game doing it on a regular basis...and the reason I don't ignore this type of peraon is so that I can see if the behavior is still happening (which you obviously can't if they are ignored) so that I can report them again if necessary to try and keep the game as clean as possible. As far as the beggers and whiners, I usually do just ignore em or just don't respond to them at all...and believe me I help out the community A LOT. The intentions of this thread are as pure as ur gonna get in that, anyone would be able to make this type of area. First impressions are the key to becomming successful when asking for anything...so naturally the ones that start off with "gimmie" get shot down almost instantly...I'm not on the game to teach manners and ettiquette...people have parents for that...and if my 12 year old can handle himself in the game in a respectable fashion, then I don't see why anyone else (child or adult) wouldn't be able too...and no, I'm not saying I'm a better parent before that comment gets thrown at me since I'm allegedly such a snobby elitest lmfao!
    Ok, yeah, these are exactly the type of comments that should be reported.

But, prob. You say you don't ignore these same five so that you can be there to police the game (and in this case a very good thing to do). But, if you get your special happy place, closed instance, elitst hall or whatever, then you won't be able to hear these people making these comments. It would be like having them on ignore. There is a disconnect there in what you are saying. If there are people making such awful comments, yes they need to be reported. I am sure that the devs will do something. You hardly every hear that in shout in PL. Yeah, beggars, spammers and scammers but this other stuff not that often. At least I don't. When I do, I report 'em. But, yeah, this other stuff (and scammers) everyone should report.

I understand, when u say, u not in game to teach manners. I can see that. All that means tho, is that you wouldn't be one of the ones that would prob be trying to positively help these players. And I'm not being sarcastic. There is no reason you or any player should try if they don't want to. That's not a bad thing.You and them prob help the game in other ways. But, then I would just suggest, if you don't get your happy place thing, to just make huge use of the ignore list. (except for those five cuz you want to keep reporting, i understand now).

Take it easy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:430223
    I'm always a happy player...no matter what lol!

Btw, my son has to read everyday for a certain amount of time just for practice...today he read your last post lol!
    Omg, how awesome. I taught my son to read myself. I used video game player guides and this one pc reading game that we had. He would read these little stories and the computer would record them. Then he could hear himself reading. It was awesome. And I'm not joking one bit, when I said I used video game player's guides to teach him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That's a great idea...but my last comment was totally facetious lol! Ty for ur feedback and support.

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just jumped in to be the plus one of the supporters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Feke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Got quiet in here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sure did, wow! Talk about opinions, we're all entitled, I know, but that was entertaining to say the least. I know you, Cappin, therefore I understand your intentions here were taken out of context in the extreme. Too bad some don't know you as I do, I have benefited from your knowledge, generosity, kindness, standards and oh yeah your humor too!! Keep on keeping on :-) see you in game!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sassinya View Post
    Sure did, wow! Talk about opinions, we're all entitled, I know, but that was entertaining to say the least. I know you, Cappin, therefore I understand your intentions here were taken out of context in the extreme. Too bad some don't know you as I do, I have benefited from your knowledge, generosity, kindness, standards and oh yeah your humor too!! Keep on keeping on :-) see you in game!
    Thanks as always Sass for having the kind words and for having Capp's back lol! And like you said, if people knew me better or at all, they wouldn't even think twice about comin at me the way they do for multiple reasons lol, and the main reason I acted out the most common game annoyances myself was because it would have been real messed up to go around and take pics of people and come on here and put them on blast is defamation first of all, and definitely against TOS since everyone knows the rules so well. And tbh, the behavior being acted out was actually taking place during my dramatization and I edited their names and tunes out of the pics to protect their identities...now that all the questions have been answered, does the prosecution rest...? Presumably not lol!