Thread: Players unable to accept guild invites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Players unable to accept guild invites

I've met two people already who are unable to accept guild invites. They said guild invites are broken for them. I told them to make sure the guild invite notification is enabled, but they still claim to not see guild invites. I also said to toggle off guild invite notification then back on just to make sure, and they still say they don't see it.

Either this is a bug, of guild invite notifications should not be allowed to be turned off, since it might get stuck for some people.

Yes, I have made sure they're not already in a guild. One of them even asked me to join, so I know he wasn't in one already. I tried multiple times to invite him and he said the notification was not coming up, so we gave up after a while.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default same here

Exaxt same thing happened to me, said they couldnt join i 4got exactly wat the said after tht

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

If you send a invite while the notification is off, then have them turn it on and send it again, they won't get it. They need to change instances.

Patch notes said it was to reduce invite spam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Edit: nvm saw the other thread explaining
    Last edited by ItsCas; 10-23-2011 at 11:31 PM.

IGN: ItsCas (Lvl 65 Warrior) - Feel free to add me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's still weird. I don't think this is a case of the guild invite anti-spam measure at work. They claim to have the notification enabled, and it just isn't appearing. That's why I'm reporting it as a possible bug.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I had this issue yesterday, when I was invited to a guild I could not join the guild through the guild tab. Instead I had to hit the "Join" button in my notification tab (orange circle that appears in top right) to get into the guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    I had this issue yesterday, when I was invited to a guild I could not join the guild through the guild tab. Instead I had to hit the "Join" button in my notification tab (orange circle that appears in top right) to get into the guild.
    Yeah, that part is how it's supposed to work now. From the client update announcement here.

Guild invites are no longer displayed in the guild tab
    Guild invites are now only displayed in notifications, you can accept a guild invite through the notification
    If people are checking in the right spot and not getting the invite notification, though, that's a bug, I'd think.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm